Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Do you guys post process (RAW conversion/Photoshop) your photos much?

Offline ultimaonliner

Do any of you shoot in RAW format and/or do some post processing with Photoshop or other software?

If so, what programs do you use?

"

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
I've just taken to shooting some stuff in RAW format lately... Personally I hate Photoshop... I find it overly complicated. I've tried a few different products such as Lightzone and DxO in the past, but not really decided which is best... there are so many programs out there that do a great job, I guess it's all a question of what fits your budget (and my case now if it runs under Linux) you can so some minor tweaking with Google's Picasa which is totally free... There's also Adobe's Lightroom (have not tried it yet) but assume it costs a fair amount...

Some links:

DxO Optics - http://www.dxo.com/intl/photo

LightZone - http://www.lightcrafts.com/products/

I think both offer a trial version but do require a valid email to download it... Lightzone works under linux too!

Dunno if that's any help?
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

Offline Tarrodemierda

• No Life Club
  • Smells like tar and smoke.
-i use jasc paint shop pro 9 and newest photoshop and i take pics in raw format from time to time. :cheers:

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
I use Paint Shop Pro also, and sometimes GIMP.
- Terry

Offline ultimaonliner

I was curious because I had been letting the camera process JPGs, but have now switched to RAW.

I've been using that combo software package Adobe Photoshop Elements (a.k.a. cheap version) 6.0 + Premier Elements (video editor) just for managing the library of photos (like Picasa does).

I just recently tried using the Photoshop Elements photo editor and am amazed at what people can do with it, but the most I've been able to do in the past 2 days of learning is to make people's skin turn green and blacken their teeth. 

It's a bummer that a printed manual is NOT supplied with the Adobe Photoshop software!  I have to get everything online!

« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 01:43:45 AM by ultimaonliner »
"

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24