Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad by logging in.

USB cables... 1304

Administrator Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 10,732 I am geek, hear me code
Re: USB cables...
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2017, 12:19:32 PM »
I ended up with some other generic usb3 hub, mainly since my new mainboard has 2 USB3 ports on the back, and I wanted something on my desktop to not have to climb down under my desk and find the plug in the dark... thus it required a hub with at least 0.75m of cable, and many fell short.

I ended up with a ugreen generic one with 3 ports on the front and one on top, it also has a plug for an external power supply, but I did not get it with the one I ordered, nor do I use it for charging any devices, it's more for my USB memory sticks and external hard drives. So far it's been fine, but I haven't exactly done any speed tests with/without it.

Listen to our Metal Radio Show: https://www.mixcloud.com/sexto9
No Life Club Posts: 2,928
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2017, 12:59:19 PM »
Anker do a 7 port one with a 1m cable that also has an external power supply if needed, but they are too expensive at $50
Head Turd Polisher Administrator He who has the most nuts, wins! Posts: 56,872 Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2017, 01:08:11 PM »
Years ago I needed a 4 port hub so I went to the store to buy one.  They ended up being $40-50 each, and I was prepared to pay half that at most.  So, I came home, went on eBay and bought two 7 port hubs for less than $10, including shipping.  One had disappeared over the years, but the other is still going strong.

Def

NEW!   NEW!   NEW!   NEW!   NEW!   NEW!   NEW!

NEW PRODUCTS ADDED DAILY!
Administrator Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 10,732 I am geek, hear me code
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2017, 01:48:15 PM »
Anker do a 7 port one with a 1m cable that also has an external power supply if needed, but they are too expensive at $50
and the price is what put me off...

I paid less than half the similar anker model.

Listen to our Metal Radio Show: https://www.mixcloud.com/sexto9
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 19,131 Gone Diving

dks cy

« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2017, 12:23:34 PM »
there seems to be special on Anker products, on all Amazon sites, if interested.

I ordered some car chargers

Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]
No Life Club Posts: 1,404
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2017, 03:05:39 AM »
I have a cable set from Costco it is 27.00 comes with two 6' heavy duty cables, double car plug and double house plug. They charge fast and charge iPads no problem. I got mine for free they came with my iPhone 7. My couch has phone plugs they work well with them as well.  https://www.costco.com/Ub...2BvrbsGWmRs2kZcv0uhkw4PgY

Mike

I think Alcohol, Tabacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency. 

Mike

Operational Funds

Keep the Unworkable working! Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $275.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $559.65
PayPal Fees: $32.97
Net Balance: $526.68
Above Goal: $251.68
Site Currency: USD
192% 
June Donations

Community Links