Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Option for mini phillips

Offline danidorko

Option for mini phillips
on: January 13, 2017, 02:46:02 PM
Hi,

I was wondering if any of you knows a mod for having a smaller phillips on my sog Powerlock installed?

I would need a mini phillips for smaller screws like for disassembling my laptop or for similar tasks. In the past I used a Victorinox Workchamp and it had two phillips scredrivers: a normal and a smaller in size. I really miss the small one from my Sog.

Do you know of maybe another brand which is producing this and that I could install on my tool?

For now I'm considering to buy a second phillips (maybe a LM) and to file the Sog phillips so that it could be used with smaller screws.

Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks!

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Re: Option for mini phillips
Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 03:04:45 PM
SOG does offer a bit kit which has smaller drivers. But you can just get a 1/4 inch socket with the bit you want and use that. It's not on board but it works well.
Nate

SEND IT!

Offline danidorko

Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 05:25:52 PM
I already have the socket and a set of 1/4 bits. The only thing is that the socket is kind of wobling a bit, maybe a bit too much for small screw environment.:)

Does the Sog socket sits more firmly?

Thanks!

se Offline Fortytwo

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 07:10:41 PM
For a super small Philips (#0 or #00) where torque won't really be a factor I guess you could go with a 2D driver. That could probably be made quite easily from a small flat driver, perhaps the one on the can opener (it doesn't do much for me since my main use would be for screw terminals and those are generally recessed).

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 07:14:01 PM
I already have the socket and a set of 1/4 bits. The only thing is that the socket is kind of wobling a bit, maybe a bit too much for small screw environment.:)

Does the Sog socket sits more firmly?

Thanks!
There are both the same for me and they are pretty snug.
For a super small Philips (#0 or #00) where torque won't really be a factor I guess you could go with a 2D driver. That could probably be made quite easily from a small flat driver, perhaps the one on the can opener (it doesn't do much for me since my main use would be for screw terminals and those are generally recessed).
This is a good idea actually.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 07:15:06 PM by ducttapetech »
Nate

SEND IT!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85