Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

WTB: PT-540 or PT-525

Offline derjuden

• New User
WTB: PT-540 or PT-525
on: January 31, 2017, 07:22:08 PM
Hello everyone, A colleague of mine showed me his Paladin Tools PT-540 and I feel in love with what it included.  As someone who is looking to move into the security/telecom field full time this tool would be perfect for my day to day use.  After doing some google searching it turns out these are discounted now and I can't find any equivalent replacement.  I found the Gerber Cable Dawg but it appears to be way to big and I really don't need another RJ-45 crimper with other tools on it. 
So if you have a Pt-540 or PT-525 in good working order please message me with how much you want for it. 

Thanks. 

us Offline jlwatso1

Re: WTB: PT-540 or PT-525
Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 09:18:00 PM
Just found my second used PT-540 on eBay! They don't come cheep! Just paid $120.00 plus &13.60 S&H and the last one I bought I paid $200.00 for one with a missing tool lock. The first one I am modding by putting the gears and plier head onto a Super Tool 300. So I have punchdown tools as well as the rest of the inside tools that someone could add to another set of SOG if they wanted. I hope to add a pair of Surge Scissors, a bit exchanger, and a file/saw blade exchanger like I've seen some of the legends of MTO perfect! The other set I want to keep all original. Just missing a tool cover, but I hate those covers anyway. Best of luck! :salute: and message me if you are interested in the insides of that PT-540.

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 01:01:48 PM
hey jlwatso, good to see you still kicking around the forum!

But like he said, the PT series don't come cheap (but if you are patient, you can usually find them posted for ~$100, in good condition every few months on ebay). Good luck finding one, they are some seriously nice tools
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

us Offline jlwatso1

Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 07:52:43 PM
hey jlwatso, good to see you still kicking around the forum!

But like he said, the PT series don't come cheap (but if you are patient, you can usually find them posted for ~$100, in good condition every few months on ebay). Good luck finding one, they are some seriously nice tools

Thanks, sLaughterMed! I like to brows from time to time. Always find some cool mods to attempt....  :facepalm: I've spent more money because of this forum!🙄

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%