Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad by logging in.

AAA twisty pocket light needed - options? 789

Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 11,750
Re: AAA twisty pocket light needed - options?
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2017, 05:14:52 PM »
I have 3 of the 4 you are considering.  I dont have the Eagletac.   The others are terrific light that I can recommend. What about the Thrunite Ti?  Its by far my favorite AAA light I own.  The brightness is awesome and the low/moonlight are equally nice.  I do like the hidden strobe as well.  Plus its Ti  :salute:

:facepalm:

Good lord I need to read better.  OP says specifically no Ti. 

Carry on. 

Esse Quam Videri
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 7,060
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2017, 06:27:01 PM »
£7 over your budget, but it's so pretty

https://www.heinnie.com/f...niversary-special-edition

Other than that I'd go with the Olight

A bit fancy for my tastes, and I doubt I'd stump up the extra over an E05 TBH.  Surefire Titan is a bit pricey too, especially in the UK.

Go for the Olight, you wont regret it

This.

Mine survived Afghanistan just fine.

Been running a li ion battery in it for some extra brightness. Says you are not suppose to so well see how it goes.

Leatherman:
Wave, Surge, Skeletool, PST I,  Squirt S4, Micra, Rebar,

Victorinox:
Explorer, Super Tinker, CyberTool, Yeoman, Champion Plus, Red Shield Syph Custom, Pioneer, Ranger, Workchamp, Classic, Vagabond, Swisschamp, OH GAK

Wenger:
Handyman, Pocket Tool Chest

Spyderco:
Southard, Dragonfly 2, Para Military 2, Native Tan, Sage 3, Endura, Delica, Manix 2, Military
Global Moderator Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 9,696 mmmmm SAKrelicious
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2017, 08:10:04 PM »
£7 over your budget, but it's so pretty

https://www.heinnie.com/f...niversary-special-edition

Other than that I'd go with the Olight

A bit fancy for my tastes, and I doubt I'd stump up the extra over an E05 TBH.  Surefire Titan is a bit pricey too, especially in the UK.

Go for the Olight, you wont regret it

This.

Mine survived Afghanistan just fine.

Been running a li ion battery in it for some extra brightness. Says you are not suppose to so well see how it goes.
Such a rule breaker Harley  :dd:

'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

Eamo is not a collector. He has a disparate group of knives and multitools. NOT a collection.
Global Moderator No Life Club Posts: 4,217 I brake for cake
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2017, 11:33:11 AM »
I have 3 of the 4 you are considering.  I dont have the Eagletac.   The others are terrific light that I can recommend. What about the Thrunite Ti?  Its by far my favorite AAA light I own.  The brightness is awesome and the low/moonlight are equally nice.  I do like the hidden strobe as well.  Plus its Ti  :salute:

:facepalm:

Good lord I need to read better.  OP says specifically no Ti. 

Carry on.

You're not the first, and won't be the last. :D

I've got a Ti light (Thrunite T10T) and it's very nice but wanted something black this time.
No Life Club Posts: 2,018
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2017, 04:54:49 PM »
If you go for the olight i3E the thing to remember is the black ones haven't got the same light output as the chrome or copper ones. For some reason they are 90 lumens instead of 120 of the others.  No idea why.
No Life Club Posts: 1,564
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2017, 07:27:44 PM »
If you go for the olight i3E the thing to remember is the black ones haven't got the same light output as the chrome or copper ones. For some reason they are 90 lumens instead of 120 of the others.  No idea why.

But is anyone going to notice the difference between 90 and 120 lumens?
I'd prefer 90 lumens and slightly longer battery life. (Actually I prefer even fewer lumens when I'm plodding around, walking the dogs etc, which is why I prefer things with low power modes)
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 19,472 What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2017, 07:35:36 PM »

But is anyone going to notice the difference between 90 and 120 lumens?
I'd prefer 90 lumens and slightly longer battery life. (Actually I prefer even fewer lumens when I'm plodding around, walking the dogs etc, which is why I prefer things with low power modes)

Most people will probably not notice the difference very much. I was told that Lumens are not measured on a linear scale. What this means is 100 lumens is not twice as bright as 50 lumens. So the difference between 90 and 120 is actually not very noticeable. That is what I was told anyways. I have not done any research to find out if this is correct, but when I have some time I will be.

On a side note when messing with my new Olight's the max on the S1A (600lm) and the max on the S1R (900lm) look similar and the S1R does not look 300lm brighter so it would make sense if this was correct.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 07:37:38 PM by captain spaulding »

I'm the milk man!

Operational Funds

Keep the Unworkable working! Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $275.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $95.00
PayPal Fees: $5.38
Net Balance: $89.62
Below Goal: $185.38
Site Currency: USD
33% 
March Donations

Community Links