Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad by logging in.

Help/info needed. Dirt bikes, dual sports, kids side by sides... 102

Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 16,104 Little to the right...
Help/info needed. Dirt bikes, dual sports, kids side by sides...
« on: March 20, 2017, 12:06:41 AM »
So my kids (7 and 9) REALLY want a side by side.  I know next to nothing about them though.  ???  The Polaris RZR170 looks good, and there are a few Chinese ones, though I'd rather not buy a Chinese ones...

That brings me to my next issue.  I don't have anything to go out with them on.  I won't drive my Jeep with them on a small SXS, so I need something more appropriate.  I don't really want an ATV, so this has me thinking about getting a dirt bike.  Again though, I know next to nothing about them.

So, I'm looking for some opinions/info from you guys.  I'm 6'4", 200lbs.  What size should I be looking at?  Something in the 200cc range seems like a good option maybe?  The next thing, 2 stroke or 4 stroke?  From what I've read, 2 strokes and cheaper and easier to maintain.  I also love the sound of a 2 stroke. :dd: 

And then there's this.  I've been thinking about getting my motorcycle license for the past few years, and getting a dual sport bike.  That would give me something I can ride on the roads, and would still be able to hit the trails with the kids.

Operational Funds

Keep the Unworkable working! Donate with PayPal!
November Goal: $275.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: $372.43
PayPal Fees: $22.89
Net Balance: $349.54
Above Goal: $74.54
Site Currency: USD
127% 
November Donations

Community Links