Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Rebar; Jungle & Coyote

kaput · 78 · 6497

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Rebar; Jungle & Coyote
on: July 09, 2017, 06:56:47 PM
Hey guys. Figured I should post some pics of these 2 cerakote rebars. I recently acquired both of these, the coyote tan a month or two ago and the jungle a couple days ago. (This, after selling off my ss and bo for some reason  :think: )

The coyote tan is a black Oxide Rebar with black tools and hardware and light brown cerakote handles. This is a Cabelas limited special edition.  8)

The jungle, or OD green as most of the knife world calls the color is a stainless steel models with stainless steel tools and hardware with olive colored cerakote handles. This is a Leatherman special limited edition run.  :o

For all intents and purposes the functionality is the same as with any Rebar. But as far as preference and looks goes; I really like these! :D
IMG_9417.JPG
* IMG_9417.JPG (Filesize: 299.45 KB)
IMG_9419.JPG
* IMG_9419.JPG (Filesize: 408.25 KB)
IMG_9424.JPG
* IMG_9424.JPG (Filesize: 203.66 KB)
IMG_9418.JPG
* IMG_9418.JPG (Filesize: 317.94 KB)
multi-tools—folding contraptions fixed with all kinds of doo-dads

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Re: Rebar; Jungle & Coyote
Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 06:58:36 PM
 :multi:
IMG_9418.JPG
* IMG_9418.JPG (Filesize: 317.94 KB)
IMG_9421.JPG
* IMG_9421.JPG (Filesize: 291.3 KB)
IMG_9420.JPG
* IMG_9420.JPG (Filesize: 266.86 KB)
IMG_9422.JPG
* IMG_9422.JPG (Filesize: 437.7 KB)

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 06:59:36 PM
 :multi:
IMG_9425.JPG
* IMG_9425.JPG (Filesize: 242.19 KB)
IMG_9416.JPG
* IMG_9416.JPG (Filesize: 357.8 KB)

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 07:25:38 PM
Love that Coyote. Was that one a REI exclusive?
I'm the milk man!

us Offline JustinCase

Reply #4 on: July 09, 2017, 07:26:58 PM
 :like: both of them but my favorite still the Cabela's coyote tan. I think the OD green will look better with black tools. By the way, does the OD green comes with the LM box or you purchased it separately (gift box)?
“It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I try a little longer to solve the problem"

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: July 09, 2017, 07:29:40 PM
Love that Coyote. Was that one a REI exclusive?
The coyote tan is the Cabelas exclusive, without their branding  :tu:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/LEATHERMAN-COYOTE-REBAR/2504227.uts

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: July 09, 2017, 07:32:33 PM
:like: both of them but my favorite still the Cabela's coyote tan. I think the OD green will look better with black tools. By the way, does the OD green comes with the LM box or you purchased it separately (gift box)?
The Jungle green with stainless IMO looks the absoloute best!! It was my instant favorite upon opening the box!! But, the coyote tan with bo is growing on me too  :D

I purchased the gift box for an extra $2.95 just to see what it was all about. Inexpensive price for a nice gift box. But the Jungle OD did come with the much nicer leather sheath.

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #7 on: July 09, 2017, 07:36:31 PM
If you want to trade the Coyote let me know.
I'm the milk man!

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: July 09, 2017, 07:47:22 PM
If you want to trade the Coyote let me know.
These will both be EDC users for me, I've already been carrying the coyote. I like the variety and these two encompass exactly what I want! I'm stoked to have these!

us Offline pitbullz4me

Reply #9 on: July 09, 2017, 07:58:08 PM
I was really looking hard at the coyote Rebar at Cabelas a couple weeks ago. I really like it but couldn't get past the sheath that it comes with. Would've been nice if it came with a exclusive color Coyote sheath instead of the cheap looking black one. I wasn't aware of the jungle green version so I might pick one of those up. Very nice !! Now in the multi tool.org spirit, I'll probably go pick up both versions!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #10 on: July 09, 2017, 08:06:50 PM
Those both look awesome :dd: :like: :like:

I love the Rebar in any variation and these colors are seriously making me want another one :facepalm: :D

us Offline italophil

Reply #11 on: July 09, 2017, 08:07:28 PM
 :like:

These look great. I'd love the jungle handles with BO tools.

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: July 09, 2017, 08:16:14 PM
I was really looking hard at the coyote Rebar at Cabelas a couple weeks ago. I really like it but couldn't get past the sheath that it comes with. Would've been nice if it came with a exclusive color Coyote sheath instead of the cheap looking black one. I wasn't aware of the jungle green version so I might pick one of those up. Very nice !! Now in the multi tool.org spirit, I'll probably go pick up both versions!!

Yes. The nylon sheath that the Cabelas coyote rebar (and others) come with are really bad IMO. I will never ever use it, instead I pair it with a small light and they ride in my pocket caddy. But, the Leatherman exclusive came with what seems to be a nice leather sheath. I like the size, it lends itself well to the small rebar size, again unlike the nylon which just adds a ton of bulk. We'll see how the leather wears as I'm not familiar with the leather sheaths and have read both positives and negatives.

us Offline italophil

Reply #13 on: July 09, 2017, 08:24:45 PM
Yes. The nylon sheath that the Cabelas coyote rebar (and others) come with are really bad IMO. I will never ever use it, instead I pair it with a small light and they ride in my pocket caddy. But, the Leatherman exclusive came with what seems to be a nice leather sheath. I like the size, it lends itself well to the small rebar size, again unlike the nylon which just adds a ton of bulk. We'll see how the leather wears as I'm not familiar with the leather sheaths and have read both positives and negatives.

Do you have a pic of your pocket caddy? I am currently considering a Skinth, but I am put of by the long order time.

us Offline pitbullz4me

Reply #14 on: July 09, 2017, 09:34:34 PM

Good to know about the Leatherman exclusive Rebar having a decent sheath. I may get that model as the Rebar is pretty much now my edc multi tool and it would be nice to have a backup.

Yes, the Cabelas exclusive model could have been very nice with a coyote or maybe camo color similar to the Cabelas Charge TTI, but in a digital camo. That being said, I will probably end up getting both models of the Rebar. I'd also be interested in how durable the finish is on these models as well. I know just the handles are colored and the tools are BO, so the handles would be my concern. 

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #15 on: July 09, 2017, 10:28:07 PM

Good  call  :D

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #16 on: July 09, 2017, 10:29:19 PM

That's what I was thinking as well   :tu:

us Offline JustinCase

Reply #17 on: July 09, 2017, 10:33:46 PM

Good to know about the Leatherman exclusive Rebar having a decent sheath. I may get that model as the Rebar is pretty much now my edc multi tool and it would be nice to have a backup.

Yes, the Cabelas exclusive model could have been very nice with a coyote or maybe camo color similar to the Cabelas Charge TTI, but in a digital camo. That being said, I will probably end up getting both models of the Rebar. I'd also be interested in how durable the finish is on these models as well. I know just the handles are colored and the tools are BO, so the handles would be my concern.

As far as I know, the handles on the LM Wave orange edition are not power coated, they are more like spray painted and not very well done because it  it wears and chips fast after few weeks of use. Not sure if the Rebar has the same issue? Hopefully somebody will find out and get some response.
“It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I try a little longer to solve the problem"

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #18 on: July 09, 2017, 11:39:33 PM
They look great.  I wonder why the Jungle came with SS tools?  I sent a Green Signal down under with all black tools which IMO looked awesome. 

I wouldn't mind at all if LM had a few of other colored tools.   :pok:
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline pitbullz4me

Reply #19 on: July 10, 2017, 12:54:11 AM

As far as I know, the handles on the LM Wave orange edition are not power coated, they are more like spray painted and not very well done because it  it wears and chips fast after few weeks of use. Not sure if the Rebar has the same issue? Hopefully somebody will find out and get some response.

This. The coyote Rebar reminded me of the finish on the orange Wave, which I have heard is not durable, and looked like it would chip very easy. Makes me wonder if the handles are stainless under the coyote finish. If so, you'd eventually end up with a hybrid stainless and BO finish. My skeletool rx has a few minor chips and I've never carried it much. Leatherman needs to come up with something more durable for these tools that are colored.

us Offline pitbullz4me

Reply #20 on: July 10, 2017, 12:57:51 AM

Good  call  :D

lol. Steve I picked up that philosophy hanging out on multitool.org. One thing I have learned here is when in doubt buy both !!

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Reply #21 on: July 10, 2017, 06:15:35 AM

This. The coyote Rebar reminded me of the finish on the orange Wave, which I have heard is not durable, and looked like it would chip very easy. Makes me wonder if the handles are stainless under the coyote finish. If so, you'd eventually end up with a hybrid stainless and BO finish. My skeletool rx has a few minor chips and I've never carried it much. Leatherman needs to come up with something more durable for these tools that are colored.

I've been using the cabelas coyote for a couple weeks now and looks perfect. I do use it daily, when carried, but I am good to my my tools too. I could try and do a scratch test on the inside handle and see what's underneath maybe.

Also just to add. The OD green feels smoother than the cabelas coyote which feels more gritty. Both cool, different, and I like that.  :tu: :tu:

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Reply #22 on: July 10, 2017, 06:19:35 AM

Do you have a pic of your pocket caddy? I am currently considering a Skinth, but I am put of by the long order time.
I have a couple. These are very minimal and I like that. They basically keep the tool in your pocket slick and sleek and upright and not banging into other things in your pockets. Or you can carry in back pocket and it feels like a wallet.

The camo one of the left fits the rebar and a light or pen perfectly. I'll go back and for between this and a belt sheath, and I'll report back on how the OD greens leather sheath is once I get some use on it.  :tu:

Only thing is they're limited in quantity the maker makes and sell out virtually instantly. And on the speedy side for what seems like a simple sewer could do, but I can't, so I purchase from the professional. And Ive been 100% satisfied. (I have a slightly larger one that I could possibly let go of, it fits a rebar perfectly and even a wave in one side. And I believe it fit a SAK or light in the other side)
IMG_9473.JPG
* IMG_9473.JPG (Filesize: 304.48 KB)
IMG_9474.JPG
* IMG_9474.JPG (Filesize: 319.57 KB)
IMG_9475.JPG
* IMG_9475.JPG (Filesize: 317.72 KB)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 06:24:52 AM by kaput »

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Reply #23 on: July 11, 2017, 01:50:20 AM

That's what I was thinking as well   :tu:
At first I thought you guys were nuts, but then I did some modding. It looks good both ways!! Bo and SS Jungle! I still much prefer the OD green with the Stainless look tho  :whistle:
IMG_9485.JPG
* IMG_9485.JPG (Filesize: 407.68 KB)
IMG_9484.JPG
* IMG_9484.JPG (Filesize: 317.57 KB)

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #24 on: July 11, 2017, 01:54:02 AM
Sweet !!!    it looks good both ways  .....So obviously you need both versions  :D 

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Reply #25 on: July 11, 2017, 02:09:25 AM
Sweet !!!    it looks good both ways  .....So obviously you need both versions  :D
Can't forget the black Oxide blue and stainless steel orange while your at it  ;) :D
IMG_9486.JPG
* IMG_9486.JPG (Filesize: 320.89 KB)

us Offline italophil

Reply #26 on: July 11, 2017, 02:41:58 AM
Can't forget the black Oxide blue and stainless steel orange while your at it  ;) :D

Leatherman should hire you as a designer or sales person. The blue / black is stunning.

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Reply #27 on: July 14, 2017, 04:48:21 AM

Leatherman should hire you as a designer or sales person. The blue / black is stunning.
Thanks dude, that'd be cool!  :salute:

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Reply #28 on: July 14, 2017, 04:49:21 AM
And here was the coyote rebar in silver as an option.  :whistle:

IMG_9487.JPG
* IMG_9487.JPG (Filesize: 408.79 KB)

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator