Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Surefire E2D one year of edc

us Offline donvito

• No Life Club
Surefire E2D one year of edc
on: October 31, 2008, 03:53:32 AM
Here's my e2d incandescent light I picked up last year in April. It has served me well (I edc a G2 led now) and resides in an admin pouch not used at the moment. Pictures should tell the story well. The light has seen a lot of use, been dropped from a second story bezel down (ouch) and survived.

First pick SF flanked by a silva compass and a mora knife. Second pic just shows the profile and the wear and tear on the body.

Would like to get the led version some day but at over $100 and with g2 led in my possession hard to justify. 
DSC00531 crop.jpg
* DSC00531 crop.jpg (Filesize: 46.2 KB)
DSC00535 crop.jpg
* DSC00535 crop.jpg (Filesize: 54.1 KB)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 04:01:57 AM by donvito »

us Offline donvito

• No Life Club
Re: Surefire E2D one year of edc
Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 03:58:26 AM
more pics. sry the quality is not up to pro standards (not even close) zzz enjoy.

here you can see how the bezel gets banged up protecting the bulb and the lens.
DSC00533 crop.jpg
* DSC00533 crop.jpg (Filesize: 35.26 KB)

* DSC00532 crop.jpg (Filesize: 22.82 KB)

* DSC00534 crop.jpg (Filesize: 9.39 KB)

us Offline donvito

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 04:00:25 AM
Close up of the lens. the crack is from the fall, there is almost no effect on the beam the light still functions like new.
DSC00536 crop.jpg
* DSC00536 crop.jpg (Filesize: 40.46 KB)

* DSC00537 crop.jpg (Filesize: 29.79 KB)

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 04:02:48 AM
Cool..how did you carry it?  Sheath?  Pocket?

I almost bought a G2 led myself but went overboard as usual and got a E2D led.  Best flashlight I'll ever own probably!

Great Mora to...Triflex Craftsman?
[

us Offline donvito

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 04:06:46 AM
Back pocket clip carry mostly, camping/hiking sheath +/- lanyard, yep triflex craftsman best outdoor knife for the buck, mine's stainless.

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: October 31, 2008, 06:15:22 AM
Nice shots donvito. I like the worn look on the finish. I Used to EDC my E2D but quit because of better runtime of LEDs. I do miss the beam of the E2D sometimes. Awesome quality.
"

us Offline tango44

• VICTORINOX
Reply #6 on: October 31, 2008, 06:14:05 PM
Now that's a used light!
To me all the scars adds more character.

I preffer the E2D instead of the bulky G2.

Take a look to the KX2C, a nice upgrade for the E2D, pricey but X-mas is coming!

http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/co_disp/displ/carfnbr/293/prrfnbr/24571/KX2C-LED-HEAD
Enjoy!

ph Offline Teofilo

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: November 01, 2008, 07:35:58 AM
Great light, Donvito! Wish I had one!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 07:39:31 AM by Teofilo »

us Offline donvito

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: November 02, 2008, 07:58:31 AM
Cool..how did you carry it?  Sheath?  Pocket?

I almost bought a G2 led myself but went overboard as usual and got a E2D led.  Best flashlight I'll ever own probably!

Great Mora to...Triflex Craftsman?

How do you like the e2d led? I know it has a low and high setting. How does it work? Does the high beam always turns on the fist click or it has a memory effect/last setting used?
$150 is a lot for me to spend right now and I found the g2 led to be good enough for the time being.

Great light, Donvito! Wish I had one!

Well worth getting. I was getting one last year for a friend as birthday present and figured why not treat my self to one as well (our birthdays a week apart).
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 08:16:41 AM by donvito »

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #9 on: November 02, 2008, 02:52:45 PM
How do you like the e2d led? I know it has a low and high setting. How does it work? Does the high beam always turns on the fist click or it has a memory effect/last setting used?
$150 is a lot for me to spend right now and I found the g2 led to be good enough for the time being.

Click once, the low setting comes on.

Then from there if you want the high setting, you click the tailcap twice in quick succession.

There's no memory, it always starts with low, which I like.  You can go right to the high setting by just clicking twice fast from the off position. 

Overall it was worth the $130 I paid for it IMO.  I got it from www.batteryjunction.com along with a spares carrier and some extra batteries.  I'm still on the first set of batts, although I don't use it every day.
[

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #10 on: November 02, 2008, 03:24:50 PM
How do you guys like the clip on the E2D?  I've always thought that 2 cell lights carried much better clipped in a bezel down configuration.  I suppose the E2D's configuration would work to clip to a hat brim as a headlamp though.
- Terry

us Offline donvito

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: November 02, 2008, 05:54:53 PM

Then from there if you want the high setting, you click the tailcap twice in quick succession.

There's no memory, it always starts with low, which I like.  You can go right to the high setting by just clicking twice fast from the off position. 

Overall it was worth the $130 I paid for it IMO.  I got it from www.batteryjunction.com along with a spares carrier and some extra batteries.  I'm still on the first set of batts, although I don't use it every day.

Thx for the heads up on the settings. IMHO the highest setting should come on first, my reasoning for that is if you need the light (in mil or le setting) then you need all the power you can get and if you can't use the high beam then chances are you can't use the flashlight at all (in mil situation). When the time for a low setting comes in double click for it and you got to go.

Since I haven't played with the light these are just my thoughts on it. I'm old school I guess with newer leds, for me on and off were the only two settings on a light till I got my tikka plus years ago and the setup (high to low) makes sense on it.

How do you guys like the clip on the E2D?  I've always thought that 2 cell lights carried much better clipped in a bezel down configuration.  I suppose the E2D's configuration would work to clip to a hat brim as a headlamp though.

The clip is nice and strong and unless you have a led on low setting you don't want all those lumens shining right next to your eye. Don't have a baseball cap around to check it right now but I'd say it's possible.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 05:57:34 PM by donvito »

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: November 03, 2008, 08:42:37 AM

That's strange my E2D LED comes on high first and then gos to low. Are you sure you don't have it confused with the E2L which does goes from low then to high.
"

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #13 on: November 03, 2008, 03:07:55 PM
ahh my mistake..I have the E2L :twak:
[

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: November 04, 2008, 07:17:41 AM