Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Anyone use Duke Cannon? Looking for a new bar soap..

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
I was wondering if anyone uses Duke Cannon bar soap, I’m looking for something diff, all I ever used when younger was Irish springs, now I can’t stand the stuff, a few years back I started using old spice, but I’m looking for something new, and for some reason this duke cannon brand has caught my attn, so I was wondering if anyone else has tried them? Also that soap on a rope thingy that holds the large bar?
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Re: Anyone use Duke Cannon? Looking for a new bar soap..
Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 10:56:20 PM
OK, that looks pretty cool.

Looks like it would scrub you Smurfin' clean.

Having said that, I just use Dr Bronner's liquid soap. I love the stuff. A little goes a long, long way.

It's biodegradable, so I use it camping as well. People say that I don't smell like someone who uses soap when I get back from camping trips, but I do. And it's Dr Bronner's.
(that might not have been the most positive endorsement. probably reflects more about me than the product.)

us Offline twiliter

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • motionless wheel, nothing is real
Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 11:46:23 PM
+1 on the Doc Bronner's, but I use the bar style.  :tu:

(the Spirit is for those tough-to-reach areas  :ahhh;)

us Offline twiliter

Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 11:49:54 PM
Always wondered why people tell me I smell like Nix, now I know.  :P

:D

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #4 on: April 11, 2018, 12:09:23 AM
 :rofl:

Hey, I would use the bar soap, but I think that requires opposable thumbs......
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 12:11:02 AM by Nix »

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Reply #5 on: April 11, 2018, 03:59:11 AM
I don't think I have enough testosterone to use such a manly sounding soap  :rofl:
I like lever 2000, but the USA made ones, the imported from mexico bars are no good.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #6 on: April 11, 2018, 04:43:30 AM
The Mrs had a gift card and bought me a combo of a specific soap and the “tactical” soap on a rope holder,, and here’s the size of these big freaking bars..
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Reply #7 on: April 11, 2018, 05:01:37 AM
 :rofl: "gets you clean, not laid"

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #8 on: April 11, 2018, 05:10:31 AM
:rofl: "gets you clean, not laid"
I know, lol, here go to their page and look at one of their fak,
JR
https://dukecannon.com/contact-us/

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #9 on: April 11, 2018, 01:46:18 PM
I have sensitive skin and so I pretty well stick to Dove.  Anything with fancy cleaning chemicals, scents or other "manly" ingredients causes me to break out in hives.

I guess I am not a real man.   :facepalm:

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #10 on: April 11, 2018, 02:05:40 PM
With how many soap brands there are, and how many more individual kinds of soap products, I'd wouldn't be surprised if no two MTO members use the same soap product.  :D
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #11 on: April 11, 2018, 02:14:33 PM
I just buy whatever is on offer

I like imperial leather as i am oldfashioned but anything is good for me
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

us Offline twiliter

Reply #12 on: April 11, 2018, 02:58:56 PM
When I found out what sodium tallowate is, I quit using it. Way too manly for me.  :D

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #13 on: April 11, 2018, 06:29:28 PM
I have sensitive skin and so I pretty well stick to Dove.  Anything with fancy cleaning chemicals, scents or other "manly" ingredients causes me to break out in hives.

I guess I am not a real man.   :facepalm:

Def
The Mrs only uses Dove for some reason, so I tried the men’s Dove, the one was nice but after so long my skin wasn’t liking it for some reason, that’s when I switched to old spice bar soap, which I might be sticking with depending on how this other stuff works.
JR

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #14 on: April 11, 2018, 06:50:07 PM
I usually just use regular Dove, but the manly Dove was on sale at the grocery store so I decided to try it.  It doesn't bother my skin but I am not sure that I like the smell of it.  Still, I am too cheap to toss a perfectly good bar of soap so I will keep using it..... 

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #15 on: April 11, 2018, 06:57:10 PM
I usually just use regular Dove, but the manly Dove was on sale at the grocery store so I decided to try it.  It doesn't bother my skin but I am not sure that I like the smell of it.  Still, I am too cheap to toss a perfectly good bar of soap so I will keep using it..... 

Def
That sounds familiar, a while back we bought the blue Irish springs cause it was cheap and diff then the normal, but well not that great of a diff, so it gets used as hand soap round the house rather then getting thrown out..
JR

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #16 on: April 11, 2018, 07:04:11 PM
When I found out what sodium tallowate is, I quit using it. Way too manly for me.  :D
When I google that, it shows a pic of coconuts, plants and stuff above the brief description of what it is and how it’s made.
What?  :facepalm:

All hail the hook!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #17 on: April 11, 2018, 07:34:12 PM
sodium tallowate, I think it’s used in any bar soap, all I’ve used I’ve used, dove, Irish springs, old spice, and soon duke cannon.
JR

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #18 on: April 11, 2018, 07:50:18 PM
I don't use soap, I use a scrapper.

:D :D

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #19 on: April 11, 2018, 08:01:57 PM
?? :think:
JR

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #20 on: April 11, 2018, 08:35:51 PM
sodium tallowate, I think it’s used in any bar soap, all I’ve used I’ve used, dove, Irish springs, old spice, and soon duke cannon.
JR
Now I’m getting a picture of a cow on that google search too!  :rofl:

All hail the hook!

us Offline twiliter

Reply #21 on: April 11, 2018, 10:01:54 PM
JR
Now I’m getting a picture of a cow on that google search too!  :rofl:

It's not used in all soaps, but a large majority.

Basically the parts of dead animals that are not otherwise used, are boiled down and the fat is skimmed off and used for soap and other stuff, it's called animal rendering. There are tallow services that send a truck when an animal dies that is not fit for consumption which picks up the dead animals and takes them to a rendering plant and thrown in the vat with the other parts. If you have ever been near a rendering plant you would remember it, the smell is dreadful. I have heard that animal shelters dispose of their dead this way also. It's all pretty gruesome if you ask me, I have seen it first hand, a pretty memorable experience.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #22 on: April 12, 2018, 12:57:03 AM
I knew most soaps have some weird stuff in them, but if it wasn’t for this post I wouldn’t have known what, I did find one that didn’t have that stuff in it called Dr. Squatch Soap, which has Saponified Oils of (Olive, Coconut, Hemp, and non-gmo Soy), Shea Butter, Lye, Sea Salt, Cypress, Clary Sage, and Lavender Essential Oils. Only thing is there like $7+ for a 5oz bar, now that one I just got is the same price online but the bar is twice the size(10oz), yet I found the same bar at a store we shop at for only $5, so not too bad..
JR

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #23 on: April 12, 2018, 01:25:39 AM
In the winter I use Dove unscented to help with my dry skin. Otherwise I've been using Pears soap since the dollar store started carrying it. It mild on the skin and smells good in a natural way and not too strong either.

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #24 on: April 12, 2018, 03:02:37 AM
Even if I refuse to buy a soap online becuase I can't smell it, I do love the Duke Cannon website. "Now exists a generation of men who have spent more time in a Pottery Barn store than a hardware store. Hell no." That sounds like something I'd say when in the mood to get poetical

Although the Campfire "flavor" sounds interesting, as does the Pine

I don't use soap, I use a scrapper.

I just jump in a old 55 gallon of carbon tetrachlroride when I need it.
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #25 on: April 12, 2018, 09:44:45 PM
Ok, well my soap came in, this things a tank, maybe that’s why they suggest getting the soap on a rope, cause if you drop this thing your oh so going to feel it! It’s a big handful, the holder has two sides, well, kinda, cause 3/4 of it is soft and that one strip is a little rough for good scrubbing, it’s their own make yet it was a pain to fit in! So I guess now it’s a judgement as to how long it last, cause as you can see it’s three times the size of that dove, so automatically it should last 3x longer, so will the holder make it last even longer? Other then that it’s got a nice smell..
JR

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #26 on: April 13, 2018, 02:31:08 AM
Those sharp corners look like they will really get into the nooks and crannies!   :ahhh

Def

us Offline twiliter

Reply #27 on: April 13, 2018, 02:35:32 AM
Those sharp corners look like they will really get into the nooks and crannies!   :ahhh

Def

Trying not to imagine that.  :facepalm:

*shudders*

:D

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #28 on: April 13, 2018, 03:09:13 AM

Some places haven't felt this clean in decades....
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #29 on: April 13, 2018, 03:54:33 AM

Def
Errr
JR

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%