Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

List your pet peeves

MMR · 125 · 3580

dk Offline MMR

• No Life Club
Re: List your pet peeves
Reply #90 on: April 18, 2019, 10:31:19 PM
Ok just to be somewhat clear on this, there is a slight chance that I may be under appreciative of Mr Bells invention called the telephone.

Ok I hope there isn't any misunderstanding here. :dunno:

Instructions were unclear, now my cellphone is stuck in my throat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kind regards,

MMR

-------------------------------------------------
"We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us."
- Andrew Ryan

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Reply #91 on: April 18, 2019, 11:32:51 PM
Instructions were unclear, now my cellphone is stuck in my throat

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :tu: :hatsoff:
Shoot low sheriff, they're riddin' shetlands
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck
I would like to apologise to anyone I have not offended. Please be patient, I will get to you shortly.
Just a small personal observation.  ...........I would not be at all surprised that when God created the Earth & the heavens, that the SwissChamp was the tool he used. .............. :hatsoff:

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #92 on: April 19, 2019, 08:13:54 AM
My new biggest pet-peeve:

Knowing that my sunroof leaks in my car and I should have sealed it up a month ago(it stopped working years ago), but not having sealed it. Tonight it is raining like crazy and I know my car will be full of water in the morning. And every time I hit the brakes, going to work, more water will pour in my lap. Gonna need a poncho just to drive in my car. :facepalm:

Oops. Not quite a pet-peeve itself, but forgetting stuff I need to do is the pet-peeve.
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

dk Offline MMR

• No Life Club
Reply #93 on: April 19, 2019, 08:27:38 AM

Knowing that my sunroof leaks in my car and I should have sealed it up a month ago(it stopped working years ago), but not having sealed it. Tonight it is raining like crazy and I know my car will be full of water in the morning. And every time I hit the brakes, going to work, more water will pour in my lap. Gonna need a poncho just to drive in my car. :facepalm:

Oops. Not quite a pet-peeve itself, but forgetting stuff I need to do is the pet-peeve.

Reminds me of when I used to own a convertible....maybe it’s nice if you live somewhere where it’s sunny and warm all year or most of the year, but owning one here in the north was a nightmare.

Since then I have deliberately avoided any form of  retractable roof top....including sunroofs

Kind regards,

MMR

- Andrew Ryan

dk Offline MMR

• No Life Club
Reply #94 on: April 19, 2019, 08:29:53 AM
Anyway back to pet peeves:

Windows hour long mandatory updates

Just what I feel like on a Friday morning when I have tons of stuff that needs to be done before the weekend

Kind regards,

MMR

- Andrew Ryan

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Reply #95 on: April 19, 2019, 08:30:37 AM

Yikes, that sucks, I thought my front passenger door getting water in it when it rained was bad, but thats much worse. At least when I hit the brakes I only hear it sloshing around in the housing, then I pull over and drain it from the door gasket.

As far as pet peeves go, I really dislike when your at a concert or sporting event and there are perfectly good seats, but some bozos feel they need to stand throughout the show, causing a domino effect and everyone has to stand to see. I probably have 1000 more but I dont want to increase my standing as a miserable grump  :rofl: so I will shut up now.

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Reply #96 on: April 19, 2019, 04:31:51 PM
. I probably have 1000 more but I dont want to increase my standing as a miserable grump  :rofl: so I will shut up now.

Oh come on join the Grumpy old men club ..............kinda fun, bein' a curmudgeon.      :drink: :drink: :cheers:
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck
I would like to apologise to anyone I have not offended. Please be patient, I will get to you shortly.
Just a small personal observation.  ...........I would not be at all surprised that when God created the Earth & the heavens, that the SwissChamp was the tool he used. .............. :hatsoff:

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #97 on: April 30, 2019, 01:16:58 PM
When Bob7384 on the internet says that he did something and ends the sentence with "idk why".
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #98 on: April 30, 2019, 04:31:54 PM
Still the boss.  :rofl:
"It is better to lose health like a spendthrift than to waste it like a miser." - Robert Louis Stevenson

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Reply #99 on: April 30, 2019, 05:58:44 PM
Did I mention telephone ??? :whistle:
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #100 on: April 30, 2019, 08:20:02 PM
hqdefault.jpg
* hqdefault.jpg (Filesize: 10.89 KB)
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #101 on: May 01, 2019, 07:08:18 PM
Did I mention telephone ??? :whistle:

We should form a band.  :drink:
"It is better to lose health like a spendthrift than to waste it like a miser." - Robert Louis Stevenson

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Reply #102 on: May 01, 2019, 11:52:23 PM
 :iagree:
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #103 on: May 10, 2019, 03:49:16 PM
OK I need to add to my list as I forget sometimes?

-Why do they say your Package Shipped Today when it did in fact not ship Today?
Creating a Label so that it can ship is not the same thing!
Then add to that the Tracking which can leave a lot to be desired if you want accuracy at least and Shipping can drive me up a wall! :twak:

-Why can I not know in advance what my Hotel Room will actually cost me per night and I mean the price that I will have to pay???????
They act as though the added taxes and fees are somehow not part of the price when selling the room but I sure end up having them added on in the end! :think:
I understand that the Hotel gets wgat they get and the Taxes go where they go too but how does that help me to book and plan a trip?

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #104 on: May 10, 2019, 04:26:29 PM
What the smurf? I can't imagine having prices everywhere that don't include taxes.  :ahhh
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #105 on: May 11, 2019, 04:45:55 AM
OK I need to add to my list as I forget sometimes?

-Why do they say your Package Shipped Today when it did in fact not ship Today?
Creating a Label so that it can ship is not the same thing!
Then add to that the Tracking which can leave a lot to be desired if you want accuracy at least and Shipping can drive me up a wall! :twak:

-Why can I not know in advance what my Hotel Room will actually cost me per night and I mean the price that I will have to pay???????
They act as though the added taxes and fees are somehow not part of the price when selling the room but I sure end up having them added on in the end! :think:
I understand that the Hotel gets wgat they get and the Taxes go where they go too but how does that help me to book and plan a trip?

That's irritating to me as well. I've seen an item "ship" as per eBay; then it take a week or more to actually be dropped off or picked up. If you're gonna take that long--why not say so?  And sometimes, the post office doesn't scan packages when they need to. I had a package show up a couple days ago, that was last scanned when it left the regional hub, and only scanned again when it was delivered. I'd figured it wouldn't show up that day.

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #106 on: May 11, 2019, 05:11:29 AM
That's irritating to me as well. I've seen an item "ship" as per eBay; then it take a week or more to actually be dropped off or picked up. If you're gonna take that long--why not say so?  And sometimes, the post office doesn't scan packages when they need to. I had a package show up a couple days ago, that was last scanned when it left the regional hub, and only scanned again when it was delivered. I'd figured it wouldn't show up that day.

:iagree: :poh:  Some packages take longer to deliver than ever and they never border to update the status...and I can't help but to wonder at what point I should consider the package lost and start mailing people.

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #107 on: May 11, 2019, 05:17:04 AM

I hope the water only leaks to the side of your pants...otherwise, people can't really tell whether you can't hold it or it is just geniune rain water... :D

I procrastinate so bad that I often wonder how I survive all those deadlines... :facepalm:

us Offline nate j

• No Life Club
Reply #108 on: May 11, 2019, 06:18:23 AM
What the smurf? I can't imagine having prices everywhere that don't include taxes.  :ahhh

You get used to mentally factoring it in.  It helps that sales taxes in the US are generally fairly low, usually in the 6% - 8% range, and seldom more than 10%.

Hotel taxes are a slightly different animal though.  Essentially, it's one of those "taxation without representation" situations, because folks very rarely stay in a hotel in an area in which they live (and thus vote), so hotel taxes can sometimes be exorbitant (at least by US standards).

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #109 on: May 11, 2019, 03:07:35 PM
The city I live in used to brag about the low sales tax. They used to talk about the "crooks" in some larger cities who have 10% sales tax. Well, many years ago the local sales tax was bumped to 9%, and then 10%. Alabama(though most of Alabama doesn't pay 10% sales tax, just 7%-9% on average) also charges sales tax on all food as well. Meanwhile my city has one of the fastest deteriorating public school systems in the country.
Need a loaf of bread in Montgomery? $2 you say? Nope. $2.20. :rofl:
How's that for a pet peeve?

de Offline Sweety-Sama

• No Life Club
  • First and Only
Reply #110 on: May 11, 2019, 03:21:38 PM
I really hate it when I’m grocery shopping and see random stuff lying in the wrong isle! Especially raw meat or frozen/cooled goods between chips or wines or whatever! All the good groceries going to waste because of the broken cold chain! Why do people do that? If I take something and think “naw, I don’t want” than I’ll bring it back where I got it. Food waste in general gets me mad.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #111 on: May 11, 2019, 04:02:57 PM
Blar blar blar...

SPAMALOT!     :ahhh   :ahhh

de Offline Sweety-Sama

• No Life Club
  • First and Only
Reply #112 on: May 11, 2019, 04:06:12 PM
SPAMALOT!     :ahhh   :ahhh
:ahhh :ahhh :ahhh
We're knights of the round table.
we dance whene'er we're able.
we do routines and chorus scenes
with footwork impeccable.
we dine well here in SPAMALOT.
we eat ham and jam and SPAM A LOT.
we're knights of the round table.
our shows are formidable,
but many times we're given rhymes
that are quite unsingable.
we're opera mad in SPAMALOT.
we sing from the diaphragm a lot.
In war we're tough and able,
quite indefatigable.
between our quests we sequin vests and impersonate clark gable.
it's a busy life in SPAMALOT.
I have to push the pram a lot.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #113 on: May 11, 2019, 04:20:18 PM
 :rofl: :rofl: :like:
fail to prepare prepare to fail

us Offline cody6268

Reply #114 on: May 11, 2019, 04:56:50 PM
The city I live in used to brag about the low sales tax. They used to talk about the "crooks" in some larger cities who have 10% sales tax. Well, many years ago the local sales tax was bumped to 9%, and then 10%. Alabama(though most of Alabama doesn't pay 10% sales tax, just 7%-9% on average) also charges sales tax on all food as well. Meanwhile my city has one of the fastest deteriorating public school systems in the country.
Need a loaf of bread in Montgomery? $2 you say? Nope. $2.20. :rofl:
How's that for a pet peeve?

In my county, the town I'm technically in taxes restaurant purchases another 5 or 6% on top of VA sales tax.  The money could have been used to fund the schools, upgrade equipment used by Fire and EMS (I know the front line pumper is 25 years old; built right here when a major fire apparatus manufacturer called my town home; and the heavy rescue was built in the 1980s; they acquired it when the county absorbed the volunteer rescue squad; and half the county EMS ambulances are secondhand); or fix some of the infrastructure, but no, they used the entire amount on tourism projects.

The county was in the red bad in 2018.  Since Virginia requires every county to have a balanced budget, they had to close a couple elementary schools, go back to the yearly tax sticker that had to be bought for every car you owned (whether you actually drove it or not); which had been eliminated 10 years prior, tried to add another 5% tax on food (and that failed miserably on the ballot). Between the stupidity in Virginia and in Tazewell County, I'm thinking about moving to another state.

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #115 on: May 11, 2019, 05:14:01 PM
It is all so ridiculous. But, that said, you can guarantee that our local elected officials will be getting their scheduled raises, even if it means shutting down schools. :rant:

us Offline cody6268

Reply #116 on: May 12, 2019, 04:40:59 AM
When I'm watching a show intended for a family audience--I don't want to see commercials for smurfpills, personal lubricants, or medications for certain "conditions".   

And lawyer commercials. There's commercials for lawsuits against everything. They're everywhere, especially on lower-tier networks, and they're downright irritating.   On local TV, a particular law firm I swear is the most irritating. I like to call the three lawyers on there the "Three Stooges".

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #117 on: May 12, 2019, 05:07:07 AM
Though I agree, the boner-pills and lubes don't bother me so much. The lawyer stuff is awful. Where I love, all of them are "personal injury attorneys". ::)

This is a pet peeve of mine. Obnoxious and tasteless.

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #118 on: May 12, 2019, 09:26:17 AM
When I'm watching a show intended for a family audience--I don't want to see commercials for smurfpills, personal lubricants, or medications for certain "conditions".   

And lawyer commercials. There's commercials for lawsuits against everything. They're everywhere, especially on lower-tier networks, and they're downright irritating.   On local TV, a particular law firm I swear is the most irritating. I like to call the three lawyers on there the "Three Stooges".

That's probably weird and irritating at the same time.  Back home, I remembered there used to be a block of time for family audience shows, where no commercial for mature audience are allowed until much later at night.  I hope they still have that.

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #119 on: May 12, 2019, 09:27:47 AM
Though I agree, the boner-pills and lubes don't bother me so much. The lawyer stuff is awful. Where I love, all of them are "personal injury attorneys". ::)

This is a pet peeve of mine. Obnoxious and tasteless.

:iagree:  rather tasteless

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD