Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

CHARGE+ DAMASCUS

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Re: CHARGE+ DAMASCUS
Reply #30 on: January 17, 2020, 08:16:22 PM
Here some pictures of the Leatherman Charge + Damascus Edition...
The "Vegas Forge Collection" ;)
Oh boy, those are so nice looking...and the colors!  :like: :cheers:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #31 on: January 17, 2020, 08:17:13 PM
One more... different styles of damascus blades.
:drool: So very nice and so very worth the money!  :like: :cheers:

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Reply #32 on: January 17, 2020, 10:46:21 PM
chrono
Thank you for sharing that. I’m pretty sure LM ban people, not addresses. Why? One of my friends has a proof. He was be banned for a purchase of 10 sheaths at one time, on sale, because they was be at so ridiculous price, literally like 2 regular price sheaths. Got banned. In few weeks, his wife placed order on something, it will be delivered to their address without any issues.  Next time my friend tried to order, but LM cancel order, because of ban. In couple years they move to another house in another city, of course with absolutely new address, but same story - wife’s order come through, his order canceled again. I don’t know, how LM deal with customers who have same first and last name...anyway, it shouldn’t be like this

No, they banned my ship to address. I used the same credit card and bought 20(?) of the nylon camo sheaths shipped to a friend address sucessfully. Hppefully, I did not get his address banned  :facepalm: The thing really sucks is they do not notify you about the ban or order cancel. You have to call in to learn that you got banned.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #33 on: January 18, 2020, 02:34:37 AM
Holy Smokes, Andreas :ahhh They are gorgeous :drool:

Sorry about the ban, chrono :facepalm:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #34 on: January 18, 2020, 10:42:42 PM
Not mine :cry: :D but I saw one of these today  :ahhh

They are so awesome looking :o :drool: :like: :like: :like:

Lighting wasn't the best, so sorry for the bad quality of the pics :facepalm:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #35 on: January 18, 2020, 11:14:19 PM
Very cool looking Damascus  :like: :cheers:

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Reply #36 on: January 19, 2020, 08:08:26 PM
They are both out of stock . Someone is already posting one for $800 on the Bay eventhough he has not received his order yet.

The audience has responded well to this limited edition release. Expect more like these in a near future, and of course more eBay listings in coming weeks. LOL.

I should see mine this Tuesday. I am glad I ordered them thru BladeHQ instead of taking a gamble on LM website.

us Offline gregpost

Reply #37 on: January 20, 2020, 04:48:08 PM
I remember seeing the blue TTI "damascus" and thinking it was way overpriced and then it was going for much more on eBay. So it looks like people have figured out to just buy these and flip them which is lame.

Also the wood handled Charge+ is a total ripoff of what Texas Tool Crafters used to do ages ago.

us Offline tango44

• VICTORINOX
Reply #38 on: January 20, 2020, 04:59:04 PM
$300 for a Leatherman???
No way...
 :facepalm:
Enjoy!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #39 on: January 20, 2020, 06:11:21 PM
I remember seeing the blue TTI "damascus" and thinking it was way overpriced and then it was going for much more on eBay. So it looks like people have figured out to just buy these and flip them which is lame.

Also the wood handled Charge+ is a total ripoff of what Texas Tool Crafters used to do ages ago.

Totally agree with that whole post :facepalm: I was even explaining to someone the other day what TTC was and what they did and what happened between them and LM :oops:

Offline Erin

Reply #40 on: January 21, 2020, 06:26:49 PM
according to my calculations, no more than 200 tools entered the market and was be actually sold, out of announced 600. Everyone who has not had time or money still has a chance, I think.  As I predicted, leatherman.ca still have bunch of Damascus, but because not much leatherman’s fans live in Canada, it’s still available. Congrats all Americans,  who have a aunt or uncle with canadian address! LOL

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Reply #41 on: January 22, 2020, 12:57:53 AM
The walnut one, IMO, has zero practicality. The wood pieces are so thin, some gorilla hands will snap them in halves. This version is strictly for decoration.

Offline Erin

Reply #42 on: January 22, 2020, 03:56:44 AM
:drool: OMG
Im in love with the Carbon ones. I would have one so much but the price politics from Leatherman-Europe is criminal!
In Austria/Germany they call 499,-EUR for it. Thats round about 550USD :rant: :dunno:
Maybe, next information will made you feel not so bad about “criminal” european taxes. Price 499.95€ includes 20% VAT, Customs and Excise Tax.  That means, Leatherman will get in best case scenario 300€ or less, American price 299.95$ doesn’t include tax, tax amount  is different from state to state. For example, totally i paid for 1 Damascus 340$, tax appear on final step of checkout. 5 states doesn’t have sales tax, but 45 other states, have. So if you look at 340$ (310€) and 499€ after taxes, maybe you’ll realize, that it’s not a Leatherman-Europe policy, but policy of yours soSmurfpillst governments  all across the EU, who need to pay for a free education, free medical, and other benefits , which made life of europeans so much different from life of american, who paid their student loans for whole life and declare a bankruptcy to pay off an 20k$ bill from a doctor for emergency visit.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #43 on: January 22, 2020, 04:04:47 AM
We don't need to get political in our posts, Erin :salute: :MTO: doesn't do politics for a reason :tu:

us Offline genevabuck

• No Life Club
Reply #44 on: January 23, 2020, 02:19:01 PM
I could kick myself for not pulling the trigger. These tools always look so much better in real life as compared to the computerized version on the LM website.

us Offline PeaceInOurTime

Reply #45 on: January 25, 2020, 04:07:31 PM
These look really nice, but a bit pricey for me. Good on Leatherman for branching out and trying something new, though. I look forward to seeing everyone's pics  :D

us Offline ALtheSciencePal

Reply #46 on: January 26, 2020, 02:48:53 PM
Did I even have a choice??

"Speak softly and carry a big multitool" -Teddy Roosevelt, I think

us Offline PeaceInOurTime

Reply #47 on: January 26, 2020, 03:52:37 PM
What a collection!!!  :like: :like: :like:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #48 on: January 26, 2020, 04:07:48 PM
Did I even have a choice??
(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.)
Oh boy! That is another great looking collection that I have seen today!  :like: :cheers: :drink:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #49 on: January 26, 2020, 04:16:44 PM
What a collection!!!  :like: :like: :like:

:o :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh Awesomeness  :like: :like: :like:

Reply #50 on: January 26, 2020, 08:20:18 PM
Thanks all!  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: The Wave/Charge is my all time favorite MT family so new variants are fairly easy to justify. I just realized my standard charge ti (old scales) was left out of the group photo.  :oops: :rant:

I really hope LM extends the carbon fiber scales to the standard charge line. I like them a lot more than I thought I would. Or better yet, implement a system like Benchmade's custom knife builder. They're already half way there with their online custom laser service. (just realized I hit every type of the**r in that sentence) LM already makes all the modular parts necessary to have an incredible custom builder. They could charge an absurd base price (like benchmade) and people would still line up to do it. one can hope

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Reply #51 on: January 27, 2020, 04:01:10 AM
Thanks all!  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: The Wave/Charge is my all time favorite MT family so new variants are fairly easy to justify. I just realized my standard charge ti (old scales) was left out of the group photo.  :oops: :rant:

I really hope LM extends the carbon fiber scales to the standard charge line. I like them a lot more than I thought I would. Or better yet, implement a system like Benchmade's custom knife builder. They're already half way there with their online custom laser service. (just realized I hit every type of the**r in that sentence) LM already makes all the modular parts necessary to have an incredible custom builder. They could charge an absurd base price (like benchmade) and people would still line up to do it. one can hope

They are just slabs of CF. Someone will produce them as aftermarkets sooner or later. As seen on ZT knives, CF can be a bit colorful with bronze, blue, white... colors. I really like ones made by Aramis Akhmedov for knives.

Offline Erin

Reply #52 on: January 27, 2020, 04:46:00 AM
ALtheSciencePal
That’s wonderful collection!
I’m just curious, what’s price Leatherman asked for their limited edition serialized silver Charge, when it was be available, and how fast they sold them all? in Days? Weeks? Years like with 35th anniversary PST? I wish to have silver one, but so far i saw none of them on ebay, so have no idea what people,  hypothetically,  can ask for that beauty?

Reply #53 on: January 27, 2020, 03:18:08 PM
ALtheSciencePal
That’s wonderful collection!
I’m just curious, what’s price Leatherman asked for their limited edition serialized silver Charge, when it was be available, and how fast they sold them all? in Days? Weeks? Years like with 35th anniversary PST? I wish to have silver one, but so far i saw none of them on ebay, so have no idea what people,  hypothetically,  can ask for that beauty?

Thanks Erin! They were $500 if I remember correctly and they were sold in 2008 as a 25th anniversary edition. They came in a really nice glass lid display case and certificate. They didn't sell out very fast but it's kinda hard to tell since they were available from a bunch of places, even amazon. I'm sure someone else here has more info on this. Last time I saw one for sale on ebay was maybe 3 years ago ish and I think it went for around 800.  :think:
At this point the market for those has reset and with these crazy prices on ebay for the new limited editions, if one were to be listed now it would probably clear 4 digits no problem. Realistically, once this aftershock passes and the prices come back down on the Damascus editions, a silver one would probably be in the 500 to 700 range. The gold plated 10th anniversary PSTs will always be king though going for over 1k consistently. Still need one of those.. :drool:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #54 on: January 27, 2020, 03:47:18 PM
Oh boy, that is some serious money there!  :cheers:

Offline Erin

Reply #55 on: January 27, 2020, 08:18:09 PM
ALtheSciencePal
Thank you very much! Hopefully, i will be lucky after someone will say bye bye to their precious sterling silver tool, for a reasonable cost, of course. Patience is important. 
Interesting update on Damascus Charge: it looks like we will be not see them again in stock, because that’s how  Leatherman responds on question from one of the customers on leatherman.com: “Unfortunately  this was a limited run of tools and we will not have them back in stock”. Maybe, new designs, new materials and new colors will be released this year!

Offline sionnach

• New User
Reply #56 on: January 28, 2020, 06:01:00 PM
What would be a reasonable price to sell the walnut version?
I just got mine, but want to swap it out for something else.

Would anyone be interested?

us Offline gregpost

Reply #57 on: January 28, 2020, 06:50:45 PM
What would be a reasonable price to sell the walnut version?
I just got mine, but want to swap it out for something else.

Would anyone be interested?

They're selling for much more on eBay a search of completed listings shows $575-800 for the two different versions.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Leatherman-Charge-Walnut-Wood-Handles-with-Gold-PVD-Damascus-Limited-Edition-/193308907341?hash=item2d021bd74d%3Ag%3AL%7EwAAOSwWSVeJk8l&nma=true&si=P0G13tXf5b%252F0BWMvAyHOaL%252FB3Yo%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Look at how average these wood scales look from one that sold on eBay. You would figure that for a collectable or limited edition they would use something better than this mismatched and not presentation grade wood.

The forged carbon one with the blued liner does look very cool though.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 09:27:19 PM by gregpost »

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #58 on: January 28, 2020, 07:14:11 PM
I agree on the wood. And it’s just not Leatherman but Victorinox and others also. You going to charge more you have better have some nice wood and matching front and back! It’s not that hard to do. Especially on “Limited Editions”  :rant:

us Offline gregpost

Reply #59 on: January 28, 2020, 07:49:13 PM
Meanwhile this was how TTC did their desert ironwood Charge mod.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD
24%