Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What and where do you do now.

Edi · 15 · 608

ro Offline Edi

What and where do you do now.
on: March 28, 2020, 04:08:13 PM
I mean, it's a stay at home period... Because i live in a part of the town where cars are not allowed in front of your house, we don't have one. Therefore, we can't drive to our big garden (it's really big and it misses us this spring) and we don't do it also because we don't have all the stuff there. Like hot water, except on the stove. We don't go to the mountain cabin because there's only the stream that runs across. Having a baby it is what it is. We have a shared everything in our small backcourt, but we don't step on each other toes. Everybody can make a barbecue, or just sit. Being a total of 7. There's also a small terrace and the other entrance court. I can shoot some airsoft in the attic, it's like 20m long, we have the cellar and this small backcourt. The other one is for access. Where do you spend this spring?
20200328_164704_compress33.jpg
* 20200328_164704_compress33.jpg (Filesize: 32.33 KB)
20200328_164738_compress13.jpg
* 20200328_164738_compress13.jpg (Filesize: 21.97 KB)

ro Offline Edi

Re: What and where do you do now.
Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 11:20:00 PM
Well, still me, just me
20200329_001856_compress59.jpg
* 20200329_001856_compress59.jpg (Filesize: 24.62 KB)

it Offline SirVicaLot

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: March 29, 2020, 12:42:33 AM
Besides walking the dogs in the morning I am mostly in the house. Normally this would be the time of the year to start hiking and stuff, because snow is slowly melting and trails in the mountains become easier accessible. I still takes to the end of May for most trails to be without snow though.
Doing some work from my computer, but that is limited to the boring stuff. Other than that plenty to do around the house. I also wanted to give whittling a try, and got some tools and books from the family last Christmas. So on warmer days I might start giving that a shot while sitting outside.

us Offline Sazabi

Reply #3 on: March 29, 2020, 01:37:18 AM
My county, and now state, are under stay-in-home orders, however both my wife and I are essential personnel at our respective jobs, so other than the grocery store and gas station, she and I go to our places of work and back.

There's been a lot of sleeping and Netflix and Hulu caught up on. We're moving into a bigger place soon; a studio apartment is too small for this.

us Online nate j

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: March 29, 2020, 08:07:03 AM
Let's see...

I work in a critical/life-sustaining sector, so I'm still going to work, albeit with social distancing precautions, travel restrictions, etc.  Still going to the grocery store (though trying to plan ahead and limit our number of trips there) and gas station.

The older kids have been out of school for two weeks, but are starting online school on Monday, so that will give them something to do.  We're fortunate to have access to a semi-private playground, so the kids have been using that on days when the weather is nice.

Restaurants here have closed their dining rooms, but many have remained open for carry out, delivery, and or drive thru service, so we've done that a few times.

I would like to do some hiking, but I'll probably wait another month or so for the weather to warm up, and then investigate whether the trails are even open.

Other than that, I'm watching too much television, smoking too many cigars, perusing ebay and a few other sites for knives to add to my collection, and haunting MT.o   :cheers:

gb Offline Billy Ruffian

Reply #5 on: March 29, 2020, 09:33:51 AM
Are they trees growing in an old bath tub, Edi?

ro Offline Edi

Reply #6 on: March 29, 2020, 10:18:52 AM
They died, unfortunatelly. But i kept them because... i'm not sure why

nz Offline Storm

Reply #7 on: March 30, 2020, 09:20:46 PM
In level 4 lockdown here in NZ so staying at home with the family mostly. Occasionally getting called out for breakdowns etc for essential services (I'm an electrician) and using that as my chance to get stuff from supermarket as we need it.
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are "

us Offline charlie fox

Reply #8 on: April 02, 2020, 04:57:20 PM
I work As a security officer for a state hospital so our governor’s order doesn’t apply (“essential” sounds nicer than “expendable” ::)) My wife is able to work from home so we’ve been blessed in that way. We’ve been checking on our neighbors and picking up things for them when we go to shop. Life really hasn’t changed that much.
"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you."

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #9 on: April 02, 2020, 07:12:14 PM
I work As a security officer for a state hospital so our governor’s order doesn’t apply (“essential” sounds nicer than “expendable” ::)) My wife is able to work from home so we’ve been blessed in that way. We’ve been checking on our neighbors and picking up things for them when we go to shop. Life really hasn’t changed that much.

Take care, stay safe!

:tu: :salute:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

nl Offline glenfiddich1983

• aka "G-Fiddle" and "Glen-Fizzle"
Reply #10 on: April 04, 2020, 09:23:17 AM
I work at the courthouse as a law clerk and since most of the hearings are suspended I work from home. I only go to the courthouse to pick up and bring back files (as far as they are not digital yet, most of our files are already digitized, which is very convenient especially at times like these).

I feel a bit like a hermit these days, but treasure the one great benefit of home working: good coffee!  :tu:

When I’m not working i’m watching series on Netflix or playing Elite Dangerous  :D
[--- arms length ---] (-.-) 

^-- where the cat sits

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #11 on: April 04, 2020, 04:56:45 PM
Y'all stay safe.  Great time for self care and time with family.  We've got a little tight knit community here which we've become apart of since moving here 2 years ago.  My immediate neighbors and both across the street from me have all checked in on one another.  I sure have seen more walkers in the last few weeks than I ever did.  I'm so happy to see all the dogs being walked. 
Esse Quam Videri

ro Offline Edi

Reply #12 on: April 05, 2020, 12:15:53 PM
Yep, hopefully people will take care of themselves and others in order to stay safe. The predictions are... not entertaining at all

ro Offline Edi

Reply #13 on: April 12, 2020, 01:47:22 PM
Everybody has all that stuff to do, that we didn't before because procrastinating. Yeah, i still have... didn't much (nothing at all  :rofl: ) except washing and disinfecting the floors bloody daily  :ahhh

us Offline rockysan

Reply #14 on: April 13, 2020, 08:35:19 PM
We’re in Hawai’i right now, ostensibly taking care of aging family members, whom we can’t see because of the lockdown. Thankfully, they are doing okay. Most mornings I have been sitting out on the lanai; playing ukulele and talking with our neighbors as they walk by. We are also able to take walks on the cart path of a nearby golf course. It’s great to see families playing together on the fairways. Stay safe, everyone.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $139.46
PayPal Fees: $8.05
Net Balance: $131.41
Below Goal: $168.59
Site Currency: USD
44%