Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Evergreen topics

us Offline ElevenBlade

• No Life Club
Re: Evergreen topics
Reply #30 on: December 05, 2020, 10:34:55 PM
That was not very polite from your family friend's husband! :-[

Unfortunately, because I only really know one language, I cannot compare how strongly the meaning of words is nuanced in other languages depending on the situation. In my environment, hate does not refer to objects but usually to living beings (e.g. I hate the murderer of my family members), maybe also to situations (daily worker traffic jam on the highway). Hatred means in the mildest case wanting something to cease to exist, at the other end that you want to kill it slowly and painfully.

But hate a  :climber:? Never!

Phew, that was enough bad fibrations on my part, I'm out.

I'm overjoyed that I have a friend in Europe with so much in common but only speaks German, and we can effortlessly communicate.   :cheers:

00 Offline Simon_Templar

• No Life Club
Reply #31 on: December 05, 2020, 11:27:10 PM
I like a derailed thread as much as the next man, but at this very moment we already have a "may one use the h-word?" semantics debate going in the "Which SAK do you hate most?" thread. So if derail we must, we might as well stick to the "should Vic use better steel?" off-topic  :twak:
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 11:36:14 PM by Simon_Templar »

us Offline nate j

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: December 06, 2020, 05:40:19 AM
So here is my question to the long-time members: if you could select one topic around SAKs to be henceforth permanently removed from debate, which would it be?

I wouldn't remove anything.

I'm a SAK user and small-time collector, and I enjoy discussing my hobby with like minded folks, even when we sometimes go back to questions we've covered before.  It's also interesting to see folks who are new to SAKs and or new to the forum bring their fresh perspectives.

And sometimes the perspectives of even long-time members change over time.  The Climber was my regular carry, at least on my days off, for a number of years, and seemed just about perfect for me.  Since I got a PX and FX, however, one of them has been finding their way into my pocket more often than not.  As another example, last I heard, the OP of the epic "Alox forever!" thread was happily carrying an Executive daily.

So, even though a topic may have been covered before, we may have some new people involved in the conversation, and or some new opinions from folks who were involved last time.
 :cheers:

ch Offline Sneider

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: December 06, 2020, 09:56:54 PM
I'm overjoyed that I have a friend in Europe with so much in common but only speaks German, and we can effortlessly communicate.   :cheers:

Yeah, my translation program makes it possible.  :cheers:
If you want to be happy, be.
(Leo Tolstoy)

it Offline SirVicaLot

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #34 on: December 07, 2020, 01:51:58 AM
Yeah, my translation program makes it possible.  :cheers:

I would have never guessed that you use a translation software. Better than google translate for sure  :D  :tu:

ch Offline Sneider

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: December 07, 2020, 08:36:52 AM
I would have never guessed that you use a translation software. Better than google translate for sure  :D  :tu:

Um, I mostly use google translate...   :facepalm:

If you want to be happy, be.
(Leo Tolstoy)

it Offline SirVicaLot

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #36 on: December 07, 2020, 03:57:45 PM
Um, I mostly use google translate...   :facepalm:

Really?  :ahhh Wow, whenever i use it, the result is mediocre at best.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD
24%