Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Help please - what colour for a Huntsman Lite

00 Offline Simon_Templar

• No Life Club
Help please - what colour for a Huntsman Lite
on: January 23, 2021, 02:36:15 PM
Fellow knights,

It's Saturday, we are in lockdown and the weather is grim. I have therefore decided to dedicate myself to scientific studies, in particular the question why the Huntsman LITE seems not too popular.

My research led my to the conclusion that the lack in popularity is most likely due to the translucent red scales. They mar every SAK they come in touch with, a finding corroborated by my work on Cybertools.

But the question remains: which scale colour to choose instead? I hope this splendid community of SAK savants can give me inspiration to this effect, or even provide me with indisputable scientific facts.

The available colour options are: yellow, blue, green, white, red and black.

My first instinct was to go with black, given that this colour works very well on the Cybertool LITE (well, it works on just about any SAK to be honest). However, I already have many black SAKs, as opting for black scales seems always to be my first instinct  :facepalm:

Red scales might go nicely with the red button on the light, but I am afraid this look might be a bit too classic.

White scales are elegant, but a tad boring and I am not sure they correspond well with a SAK that has a saw (suggesting outdoor rather than lounge use).

Right off the bat, yellow, blue and green all have the advantage of me not yet having any celidor SAK with these colours. Green has the further advantage of evoking nature and the woods, thereby emphasizing the outdoorsy nature of the Huntsman LITE.

In view of all this, I am currently leaning towards green. What do you all think, what colour would you choose?
20210123_133641_copy_1209x1612.jpg
* 20210123_133641_copy_1209x1612.jpg (Filesize: 168.79 KB)

bg Offline DavisNikolov

Re: Help please - what colour for a Huntsman Lite
Reply #1 on: January 23, 2021, 02:39:13 PM
I’d go with white, it would compliment the little red on the light attachment.

Offline depmenpradech

Reply #2 on: January 23, 2021, 02:48:35 PM
Fellow knights,

It's Saturday, we are in lockdown and the weather is grim. I have therefore decided to dedicate myself to scientific studies, in particular the question why the Huntsman LITE seems not too popular.

My research led my to the conclusion that the lack in popularity is most likely due to the translucent red scales. They mar every SAK they come in touch with, a finding corroborated by my work on Cybertools.

But the question remains: which scale colour to choose instead? I hope this splendid community of SAK savants can give me inspiration to this effect, or even provide me with indisputable scientific facts.

The available colour options are: yellow, blue, green, white, red and black.

My first instinct was to go with black, given that this colour works very well on the Cybertool LITE (well, it works on just about any SAK to be honest). However, I already have many black SAKs, as opting for black scales seems always to be my first instinct  :facepalm:

Red scales might go nicely with the red button on the light, but I am afraid this look might be a bit too classic.

White scales are elegant, but a tad boring and I am not sure they correspond well with a SAK that has a saw (suggesting outdoor rather than lounge use).

Right off the bat, yellow, blue and green all have the advantage of me not yet having any celidor SAK with these colours. Green has the further advantage of evoking nature and the woods, thereby emphasizing the outdoorsy nature of the Huntsman LITE.

In view of all this, I am currently leaning towards green. What do you all think, what colour would you choose?
Hi.I think black is a noble and beautiful color.I would choose black.  :)

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #3 on: January 23, 2021, 03:07:10 PM
SilverTech :P
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

00 Offline Simon_Templar

• No Life Club

it Offline SirVicaLot

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #5 on: January 23, 2021, 03:47:37 PM
I am not a big fan of green scales, but for some reason the Huntsman lite screams green to me  :tu:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #6 on: January 23, 2021, 04:04:57 PM
I initially thought Stayglo but of what you have I'd say white.  I have one white SAK and its pretty gorgeous. 

:popcorn:
Esse Quam Videri

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #7 on: January 23, 2021, 04:15:27 PM
:twak:

Sorry! But it's so hard to choose between the colours you have available.
Even plain old red seems nice because of the light switch.

gb Offline Fast Bill

• No Life Club
  • Carpe titanium
Reply #8 on: January 23, 2021, 04:31:46 PM

I'm afraid this is a rather troublesome statement to open with and my answer to your question would be Jelly Red.  :ahhh

Red translucent scales are smart and eye catching. I have a Traveller Lite and the transluscent red scales on that are different again to the standard ones. I have Mountaineer Lite with Blue translucent scales. Not quite as top notch as Red but excellent nonetheless. Silvertech isn't a bad idea either so I agree with Reinier.

Shall I get my coat ?  :facepalm: 

Perhaps not. If you want  a "Here comes the science moment" I suggest that transluscent scales are more likely to reflect light and thus catch the eye when you mislay or drop your SAK in the great outdoors. I peer reviewed my paper on this myself and I am content that this is a scientific finding by the author of the study :rofl:
Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.
Apex predator of fruit cake

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #9 on: January 23, 2021, 04:37:52 PM
 :D
Esse Quam Videri

00 Offline Simon_Templar

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: January 23, 2021, 04:48:31 PM
Guys, you are hopeless. So far we have votes for every colour (including the one I am looking to replace and one I don't have (and which does not come in the plus variant, so that's three strikes right there)) except yellow and blue.  :think: :dunno:

Offline Helvetica Bold

Reply #11 on: January 23, 2021, 04:48:55 PM
I seem to be in a minority but I like yellow or blue. That said I have a huntsman light and quite like the transparent red it comes in....I never use it though to be honest  :whistle

gb Offline Fast Bill

• No Life Club
  • Carpe titanium
Reply #12 on: January 23, 2021, 04:55:27 PM
Guys, you are hopeless. So far we have votes for every colour (including the one I am looking to replace and one I don't have (and which does not come in the plus variant, so that's three strikes right there)) except yellow and blue.  :think: :dunno:

Er.... oops?  :whistle:
Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: January 23, 2021, 05:09:58 PM
SilverTech :P

Too bad they aren’t Plus scales.

My vote is sapphire with blue glow mod.
If this post has been helpful in dating your Swiss Army Knife, please consider making a small contribution to help keep SAKWiki going

00 Offline Simon_Templar

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: January 23, 2021, 05:11:59 PM

My vote is sapphire with blue glow mod.

:facepalm:

gb Offline Rizio Il Ghiro

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: January 23, 2021, 05:16:14 PM
Why not some nice Ti scales, perhaps some funky ones from MetonBoss.... Hopefully this’ll be as unhelpful as the other suggestions! :D

00 Offline Simon_Templar

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: January 23, 2021, 05:17:59 PM
All this just reminded me of this brilliant cartoon by Gary Larson: "Yes, they're all fools, gentlemen. But the question remains, 'What KIND of fools are they?" Hilarious and well worth googling in case you don't already know it.

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #17 on: January 23, 2021, 05:37:29 PM

Absolutely. They should be :rant:

mk Offline Deedee

Reply #18 on: January 23, 2021, 07:18:32 PM
Huntsman lite has very nice tool set, and translucent red scales are perfect color for it. My second choice would be normal red, and third is black.  :cheers:

gb Offline Fast Bill

• No Life Club
  • Carpe titanium
Reply #19 on: January 23, 2021, 08:19:37 PM
All this just reminded me of this brilliant cartoon by Gary Larson: "Yes, they're all fools, gentlemen. But the question remains, 'What KIND of fools are they?" Hilarious and well worth googling in case you don't already know it.

Relentlessly helpful. That's us  :pok:
Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #20 on: January 23, 2021, 09:17:02 PM
Why not some nice Ti scales, perhaps some funky ones from MetonBoss.... Hopefully this’ll be as unhelpful as the other suggestions! :D

:rofl: :cheers:

us Offline Ritornello

Reply #21 on: January 23, 2021, 10:03:10 PM
Definitely white or blue. I think the white would be a safer choice but I'm also curious to see what blue with the red accent would look like.

bg Offline DavisNikolov

Reply #22 on: January 23, 2021, 10:13:37 PM
I rest my case
victorinox-huntsman-lite-white.jpg
* victorinox-huntsman-lite-white.jpg (Filesize: 184.73 KB)

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club
Reply #23 on: January 23, 2021, 11:20:41 PM
This has to be a trick question because the only acceptable answer isn't listed as a possibility. Anything that isn't transparent orange has to be 100% wrong!

Probable causes for Huntsman & Mountaineer Lites not selling like hot cakes (or Covid vaccines): Price is so high most people are inclined to get a Swisschamp instead. What do you get for the money? The world's feeblest flashlight, a stubby little Phillips and a fairly useless chisel (or the long flat screwdriver - definitely preferable to the chisel). Probably fair to say the Swisschamp offers more bang for the buck. But in a strange way, the unique tool combination of the Huntstman Lite may be just perfect for you (as the Mountaineer LIte is for me) and having that half-azzed LED may prove to be worth its weight in gold (I will never sell mine because it really has been a lifesaver, more or less, on one occasion. Kind of weird to have an emotional connection to a penknife but there ya go!)

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #24 on: January 23, 2021, 11:24:02 PM
Yours looks fine (geddit?). But translucent orange plus scales would be even cooler :dd:

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club
Reply #25 on: January 23, 2021, 11:26:05 PM
But the short answer, if forced to pick from the colours listed, I would go for green, which I did on my Angler.
I had white on a regular Mountaineer but it seemed hopelessly bland to me.

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Reply #26 on: January 23, 2021, 11:28:27 PM
Yours looks fine (geddit?). But translucent orange plus scales would be even cooler :dd:

Rub it in, why doncha?  ;)

But would be cooler if they glowed orange!

If this post has been helpful in dating your Swiss Army Knife, please consider making a small contribution to help keep SAKWiki going

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #27 on: January 23, 2021, 11:29:09 PM
 8)

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club
Reply #28 on: January 23, 2021, 11:29:17 PM
But translucent orange plus scales would be even cooler :dd:

Don't listen to him Simon, those things only exist in Tolkien novels!

us Offline ElevenBlade

• No Life Club
Reply #29 on: January 23, 2021, 11:33:42 PM
For the "modern" 91mm SAKs, like the CT and the Lite, I really do like the translucent scales... Red, blue, silver, orange...

There's something about the mix of traditional and modern in the translucent scales that just works for me.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $149.46
PayPal Fees: $8.74
Net Balance: $140.72
Below Goal: $159.28
Site Currency: USD
47%