Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The Challenge of Champions in 2022!

SteveP · 501 · 14580

us Offline SteveP

• No Life Club
The Challenge of Champions in 2022!
on: August 07, 2021, 06:21:49 AM
Are you a Champion?

[Cue dramatic music]

Spanning the globe, to bring you the constant variety of SAKs.
The thrill of victory,
And the agony of defeat.
The human drama of SAK challenge.
This is MTo's Wide World of Champions!

How about a 30-day challenge for Victorinox Champions? All versions (including Plus) eligible.

The Champion was slighted by not making the layer cut for the Go BIG Challenge. Just one layer short.  :(

So let's give it an opportunity to prove its worth. It may be older than the Swiss Champ, but as the saying goes - Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance.

I'm thinking early 2022 for this challenge as this is a larger SAK and maybe less suitable for summer shorts?

Please vote above for which month you'd prefer - January, February, or March. I'll tally the votes and make the final call at the end of August.

Challenge Rules:
• Every day carry your Champion and post a photo of it in this thread.
• Please label each official daily post so the mods can follow your progress easily, e.g. "Day 5"
• After completing the challenge, please post your thoughts on a month of Championing. Will you continue to carry it regularly? Did you find it lacked anything?

Post a comment below if you aspire to be a Champion!

And don't forget to vote for which month works best for you.

(With apologies to ABC's Wide World of Sports for shamelessly stealing their opening.)

(And credit to Nix for the "Challenge of Champions" name suggestion.)

P.S.
This is the first challenge I've launched, so if I've screwed this up already, please let me know.   :dunno:
SAKs:
58mm: Bijou (3), Classic SD (7), Mini Champ Plus (mod), Alox Classic SD, Rambler (3), Companion
65mm: Wenger Esquire
74mm: Executive
85mm: Evolution S557, Traveler,
91mm: Champion "c", Swiss Champ (4), Explorer (3), Deluxe Tinker, Huntsman, Serrated Spartan/Weekender, Explorer Plus, Deluxe Explorer Plus (mod), Outdoorsman Plus, Champion "a", Champion Plus, Timekeeper Alarm, Golfer
93mm: Pioneer Alox

us Offline Jackpine54

Re: The Challenge of Champions in 2022!
Reply #1 on: August 07, 2021, 06:56:01 AM
I haven't carried a champion in a long time,  probably since the 80's. It might make me feel younger, count me in!
 :rofl:

us Offline SteveP

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: August 07, 2021, 05:08:23 PM
Welcome aboard, Jackpine54!

1.  SteveP
2.  Jackpine54
SAKs:
58mm: Bijou (3), Classic SD (7), Mini Champ Plus (mod), Alox Classic SD, Rambler (3), Companion
91mm: Champion "c", Swiss Champ (4), Explorer (3), Deluxe Tinker, Huntsman, Serrated Spartan/Weekender, Explorer Plus, Deluxe Explorer Plus (mod), Outdoorsman Plus, Champion "a", Champion Plus, Timekeeper Alarm, Golfer

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #3 on: August 07, 2021, 05:15:27 PM
This will be a heavy challenge...

:whistle:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

00 Offline Simon_Templar

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: August 08, 2021, 12:44:49 AM
Are you a Champion?

[Cue dramatic music]

Spanning the globe, to bring you the constant variety of SAKs.
The thrill of victory,
And the agony of defeat.
The human drama of SAK challenge.
This is MTo's Wide World of Champions!

How about a 30-day challenge for Victorinox Champions? All versions (including Plus) eligible.

The Champion was slighted by not making the layer cut for the Go BIG Challenge. Just one layer short.  :(

So let's give it an opportunity to prove its worth. It may be older than the Swiss Champ, but as the saying goes - Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance.

I'm thinking early 2022 for this challenge as this is a larger SAK and maybe less suitable for summer shorts?

Please vote above for which month you'd prefer - January, February, or March. I'll tally the votes and make the final call at the end of August.

Challenge Rules:
• Every day carry your Champion and post a photo of it in this thread.
• Please label each official daily post so the mods can follow your progress easily, e.g. "Day 5"
• After completing the challenge, please post your thoughts on a month of Championing. Will you continue to carry it regularly? Did you find it lacked anything?

Post a comment below if you aspire to be a Champion!

And don't forget to vote for which month works best for you.

(With apologies to ABC's Wide World of Sports for shamelessly stealing their opening.)

(And credit to Nix for the "Challenge of Champions" name suggestion.)

P.S.
This is the first challenge I've launched, so if I've screwed this up already, please let me know.   :dunno:

Steve, how about admitting the Handymann as well? It's exactly the same size as the Champion, the only difference being pliers in lieu of Philips/magnifier? With a current production model in the mix, more people might be tempted to participate.

us Offline SteveP

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: August 09, 2021, 12:40:05 AM
This will be a heavy challenge...

But are you in?
 :pok:
SAKs:

us Offline SteveP

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: August 09, 2021, 12:43:05 AM
Steve, how about admitting the Handymann as well? It's exactly the same size as the Champion, the only difference being pliers in lieu of Philips/magnifier? With a current production model in the mix, more people might be tempted to participate.
Hmmm, the  inspiration for the challenge was to show some appreciation to the discontinued Champion as it's in the Swiss Champ's shadow now.

I'm not sure about opening up the challenge to a current SAK. Kind of defeats the purpose of the challenge?
SAKs:

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #7 on: August 09, 2021, 01:30:21 AM
Nice!

I don't have a Champion, otherwise I'd join in. but I do have a Handyman....

I should add: my dance card is full from January (Poker Face) through April (Soldier On).

us Offline SteveP

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: August 09, 2021, 03:51:14 AM
Nice!

I don't have a Champion, otherwise I'd join in. but I do have a Handyman....

I should add: my dance card is full from January (Poker Face) through April (Soldier On).
Quite a few Champions on eBay, should you change your mind.
SAKs:

nl Offline glenfiddich1983

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • aka "G-Fiddle" and "Glen-Fizzle"
Reply #9 on: August 09, 2021, 06:34:23 PM
I will join this one. I love my Champion and it is one of the SAKs I frequently use  :tu:

1.  SteveP
2.  Jackpine54
3. glenfiddich1983
[--- arms length ---] (-.-) 

^-- where the cat sits

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #10 on: August 09, 2021, 06:39:40 PM
But are you in?

Nope. Just like Nix, I'm Championless.

:facepalm:

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline SteveP

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: August 09, 2021, 09:27:21 PM
Nope. Just like Nix, I'm Championless.

:facepalm:
As I told Nix, lots of Champions on eBay.

Personally I think every Swiss Army Knight should have at least one.   :D
SAKs:

us Offline Jackpine54

Reply #12 on: August 09, 2021, 09:46:17 PM

:iagree:
 :popcorn:

nl Offline glenfiddich1983

• aka "G-Fiddle" and "Glen-Fizzle"
Reply #13 on: August 09, 2021, 10:27:25 PM
[--- arms length ---] (-.-) 

^-- where the cat sits

us Offline SteveP

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: August 10, 2021, 03:42:12 AM
I will join this one. I love my Champion and it is one of the SAKs I frequently use  :tu:

1.  SteveP
2.  Jackpine54
3. glenfiddich1983
Welcome to the challenge, glenfiddich!
SAKs:

us Offline SteveP

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: August 10, 2021, 03:53:51 AM
Appears I accidentally locked the voting for the month, but it's unlocked now. So if you weren't able to vote earlier, please try again. Sorry!
SAKs:

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #16 on: August 12, 2021, 09:29:22 PM

Lucky for my, I don't have a credit card nor PayPal or the like, so no buys from evilBay or other international sites.

:D :D

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #17 on: August 13, 2021, 08:28:09 AM
Not sure which month I have free due to other challenges, but I'm pretty sure I can do without the little pliers of the Swiss Champ for a month since I never use them anyway.  I'm in if I don't have another challenge that month.

us Offline SteveP

• No Life Club
Reply #18 on: August 14, 2021, 01:35:36 AM
Not sure which month I have free due to other challenges, but I'm pretty sure I can do without the little pliers of the Swiss Champ for a month since I never use them anyway.  I'm in if I don't have another challenge that month.
Glad to have you with us, Alan!

When you know your schedule, please vote above. I'll pick the month at the end of August based on the votes.

1.  SteveP
2.  Jackpine54
3.  glenfiddich1983
4.  Alan K.
SAKs:

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #19 on: August 14, 2021, 04:06:43 AM
If the challenges run the same dates next year as they did this year then I am free in March since I don't have any SAK bigger than a Swiss Champ and I don't own a Farmer X.  I would love to do the Champions challenge then.
 :climber:

us Offline GA1dad

• No Life Club
Reply #20 on: August 18, 2021, 02:08:02 AM
I am interested, but will have to stand as a strong maybe at this point. I would like to see what the 2022 challenge calendar looks like before I commit.

Nix' Soldier On challenge has my interest peaked too.
Jason - N4RBZ- A Harley can get you through times of no money better than money can get you through times of no Harley____O~`o__

us Offline SteveP

• No Life Club
Reply #21 on: August 18, 2021, 06:00:43 AM
I am interested, but will have to stand as a strong maybe at this point. I would like to see what the 2022 challenge calendar looks like before I commit.

Nix' Soldier On challenge has my interest peaked too.
Sounds good, GA1dad. Hope to have you with us.

If you can cast your month vote by the end of August, that would be great!
SAKs:

us Offline SteveP

• No Life Club
Reply #22 on: August 18, 2021, 06:01:55 AM
If the challenges run the same dates next year as they did this year then I am free in March since I don't have any SAK bigger than a Swiss Champ and I don't own a Farmer X.  I would love to do the Champions challenge then.
 :climber:
Excellent! At this point, March is in the lead. But there are still two weeks to vote so we'll see.
SAKs:

us Offline GA1dad

• No Life Club
Reply #23 on: August 18, 2021, 12:59:06 PM
Sounds good, GA1dad. Hope to have you with us.

If you can cast your month vote by the end of August, that would be great!

I did,,, I'm one of the currently 5 that are Champions every month. Since I am not committed to anything at this point, it is 100% dealers choice as far as I'm concerned.
Jason - N4RBZ- A Harley can get you through times of no money better than money can get you through times of no Harley____O~`o__

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
Reply #24 on: August 19, 2021, 10:12:41 PM
I'm a definite fan of the Champion and would love to participate, but I'm already committed to the Soldier On challenge running at the same time.

I might consider dropping that one for this.
- Terry

us Offline SteveP

• No Life Club
Reply #25 on: August 20, 2021, 12:15:21 AM
I'm a definite fan of the Champion and would love to participate, but I'm already committed to the Soldier On challenge running at the same time.

I might consider dropping that one for this.
Be great to have you join us, NutSAK.

Is the Soldier On challenge that 90-day one? That's a long, long, long time for just one SAK...
SAKs:

us Offline SteveP

• No Life Club
Reply #26 on: August 20, 2021, 12:15:48 AM
I did,,, I'm one of the currently 5 that are Champions every month. Since I am not committed to anything at this point, it is 100% dealers choice as far as I'm concerned.
Great! Thanks, GA1dad.
SAKs:

us Offline SteveP

• No Life Club
Reply #27 on: August 20, 2021, 12:17:53 AM
I think this is the current list of Champions:
1.  SteveP
2.  Jackpine54
3.  glenfiddich1983
4.  Alan K.
5.  GA1dad

Maybe:
- NutSAK

Please let me know if I missed you.
SAKs:

ph Offline Zephon

Reply #28 on: August 20, 2021, 02:29:40 AM
Quite tempting…..unfortunately the nearest one I have is an Evo 28…. I don’t think that’ll qualify as a Champion(plus)….
 :oops:

us Offline SteveP

• No Life Club
Reply #29 on: August 20, 2021, 05:48:48 AM
Quite tempting…..unfortunately the nearest one I have is an Evo 28…. I don’t think that’ll qualify as a Champion(plus)….
 :oops:
There's plenty of time to do some shopping. With the challenge happening early next year, think of it as a Christmas present.
SAKs:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD