Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

In isolation at home right now

Zephon · 51 · 1659

ph Offline Zephon

In isolation at home right now
on: January 07, 2022, 11:38:01 AM
 :facepalm:

Doing this to pass the time. Had fever, muscle ache and post-nasal drip less than 24hrs ago.  There’s no ‘home test kits’ and going out to be tested isn’t really an option while feeling under the weather.  There’s also a significant cost if I’m going to get tested at home. Not to mention all the neighbors are gonna be looking. Lol.

Anyway, the goal is for my wife and kids not to catch whatever I have. Whether it’s Covid, flu or allergies, they should not catch it.

Just posting here to pass the time. Waiting for dinner to arrive. Even brought stuff in the extra bedroom to keep me company.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Re: In isolation at home right now
Reply #1 on: January 07, 2022, 11:44:12 AM
Whatever it is, hope you get well soon!

:cheers: :salute:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

se Offline kottskrapa

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: January 07, 2022, 12:07:53 PM
Get well soon!

[It's not failure if you learn something from it]

us Offline Adam5

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: January 07, 2022, 12:24:40 PM
Hope you feel better soon  :cheers:

ph Offline Zephon

Reply #4 on: January 07, 2022, 12:59:17 PM
Thank you everyone  :hatsoff:

It’s 8pm Friday night and I’m hoping the night is uneventful - like no chills or anything.

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: January 07, 2022, 01:40:58 PM
Hope you feel better soon !   :tu:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #6 on: January 07, 2022, 04:08:15 PM
Hopefully you'll fight it off whatever it is and be back to full health. 
Esse Quam Videri

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #7 on: January 07, 2022, 05:05:33 PM
Hope you get better soon.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

wales Offline GearedForwards

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: January 07, 2022, 06:57:45 PM
Hope you feel better soon!
Check out my Youtube channel  for gear reviews, comparisons, and carry philosophy.

Love belt carry? Consider doing the Batman Challenge!

no Offline nakken

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: January 07, 2022, 07:09:45 PM
Sorry to hear that Zephon, hope you feel better soon! :tu:

us Offline Fireman

• No Life Club
  • Truck Monkey
Reply #10 on: January 07, 2022, 09:41:11 PM
Stay well, my friend. 

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #11 on: January 07, 2022, 11:48:51 PM
Get well soon Zeph.

ph Offline Zephon

Reply #12 on: January 08, 2022, 01:38:14 AM
Thank you all  :hatsoff:

Just had breakfast - still got a slight fever. Haven’t hit that ‘24hrs no fever’ threshold goal yet as I had fever 11pm last night and had to take paracetamol.

My sis might send over an antigen test kit which she managed to get her hands on. I hold her to take her time with her being pregnant and all. Her hubby tested positive after being exposed to someone in their office.

Part of me is afraid to find out if I’m positive covid or not coz it’ll give extra anxiety to my already stressed wife. At the same time I think I need to know because my wife and I are scheduled for a booster on the 21st and I’m not sure how it’ll work because of that.

Just when you thought you’ve finally fit your mask perfectly, you realize you have to change already.  :rofl:
« Last Edit: January 08, 2022, 01:55:25 AM by Zephon »

us Offline Farmer X

• Master of the unexciting
Reply #13 on: January 08, 2022, 04:11:39 AM
That sucks. Hope you're feeling better soon!
USN 2000-2006

Culling of the knife and multi herds in progress...

If I pay five figures for something, it better have wings or a foundation!

ph Offline Zephon

Reply #14 on: January 08, 2022, 11:56:34 AM
Thanks all  :hatsoff:

Good news is I’m feeling better.
Bad news? I’m Covid positive based on an antigen rapid test I did myself.

Yeah, we managed to find a test kit seller in gray market.  :whistle:

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #15 on: January 08, 2022, 12:15:36 PM
I'm sorry to hear you got sick.  I don't know what the test kits are like in your area  but the ones here give a false positive roughly 50% of the time, but negative tests are 100% accurate.

I hope that you are one of the many that 3xperuwnce mild symptoms and bounce back quickly- and more importantly, your family doesn't also become ill.

Please keep us informed on how you are doing!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ph Offline Zephon

Reply #16 on: January 08, 2022, 03:23:15 PM
I'm sorry to hear you got sick.  I don't know what the test kits are like in your area  but the ones here give a false positive roughly 50% of the time, but negative tests are 100% accurate.

I hope that you are one of the many that 3xperuwnce mild symptoms and bounce back quickly- and more importantly, your family doesn't also become ill.

Please keep us informed on how you are doing!

Def

:salute: yep, will definitely do so. I’m on isolation til the 15th so I’ll be spamming here til then!

Thanks, yes my family is what’s at the back of my mind - hope my wife and 2 kids don’t get what I have here.

50% false positive? Wow, talk about half full-half empty. I think the test kits here lean more towards the ‘false negative’. Hence, my sister whose hubby is positive has to take an RT-PCR test on the 10th to REALLY confirm if she’s negative coz she’s preggy.

With that said, it’s possible that my wife and I will shell out more cash for a drive thru RT-PCR test on the 11th-ish. It’s the top standard locally so results are definite.

Stay safe out there!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #17 on: January 08, 2022, 04:19:20 PM
Get well soon, buddy :salute: Hopefully no one else gets it in the household  :tu:

Stay safe :salute:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #18 on: January 08, 2022, 04:38:13 PM
I think it's worse to get a false positive than a false negative.  If you get a false negative then you KNOW you are safe.  If you get a false positive it means you should take efforts to keep people around you safe, and encourage you to get a more serious test.

Either way, it's really only the best of an overall crappy situation.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

au Offline gregozedobe

• Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #19 on: January 09, 2022, 01:57:56 AM
I think it's worse to get a false positive than a false negative.  If you get a false negative then you KNOW you are safe.  If you get a false positive it means you should take efforts to keep people around you safe, and encourage you to get a more serious test.

Either way, it's really only the best of an overall crappy situation.

Def

The above has confused me.  I thought a false negative means you actually have COVID, but the test says you haven't got it (false = untrue).  So because you believe the test result you go around behaving as if you haven't got it, thus infecting more people.  This seems very bad to me.
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

ph Offline Zephon

Reply #20 on: January 09, 2022, 03:23:06 AM
The above has confused me.  I thought a false negative means you actually have COVID, but the test says you haven't got it (false = untrue).  So because you believe the test result you go around behaving as if you haven't got it, thus infecting more people.  This seems very bad to me.

That’s my line of thinking too - a single line might really be a double line but maybe timing of the test was too early or whatever reason, so you go around thinking it’s just flu/allergies/cough+colds due to the season, not realizing you’re spreading stuff. Anyway, that’s the reason why preggy people need RT-PCR test.

What my wife was praying for was the possibility that my double line is just me fumbling as a first timer doing a self test and that it’s actually a covid-free single line. Not sure what are the chances of that happening but our priority is keeping the kids (14 & 12) safe and sane thru all this.

Anyway, fever has broken already so I’m getting temperatures below 37C (98F). Pretty normal!  Heck at this point if I didn’t get that double red line in the antigen test, I’d probably be having breakfast with the family then doing groceries with my wife!  I do have a bad sore throat and have more phlegm discharge.

Here’s something in my mind - do I smother my LMs and flashlight with alcohol to prevent them from being fomites? Ethyl alcohol? Lysol spray?  :whistle:

Anyway, happy weekend to all and stay healthy!

wales Offline GearedForwards

• No Life Club
Reply #21 on: January 09, 2022, 03:44:12 AM
That’s my line of thinking too - a single line might really be a double line but maybe timing of the test was too early or whatever reason, so you go around thinking it’s just flu/allergies/cough+colds due to the season, not realizing you’re spreading stuff. Anyway, that’s the reason why preggy people need RT-PCR test.

What my wife was praying for was the possibility that my double line is just me fumbling as a first timer doing a self test and that it’s actually a covid-free single line. Not sure what are the chances of that happening but our priority is keeping the kids (14 & 12) safe and sane thru all this.

Anyway, fever has broken already so I’m getting temperatures below 37C (98F). Pretty normal!  Heck at this point if I didn’t get that double red line in the antigen test, I’d probably be having breakfast with the family then doing groceries with my wife!  I do have a bad sore throat and have more phlegm discharge.

Here’s something in my mind - do I smother my LMs and flashlight with alcohol to prevent them from being fomites? Ethyl alcohol? Lysol spray?  :whistle:

Anyway, happy weekend to all and stay healthy!

Glad to hear you're feeling better! If possible I'd go with isopropyl alcohol, by any disinfectant would probably be fine.

You could also just leave them where they'd get some direct sunlight for a prolonged period of time too, but then you'd have to wait to use them  :whistle:
Check out my Youtube channel  for gear reviews, comparisons, and carry philosophy.

Love belt carry? Consider doing the Batman Challenge!

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #22 on: January 09, 2022, 12:54:14 PM
It's very possible that I have it all confused.

I got my booster on Friday afternoon, and like all vaccines it has kind of put me out of service for a while.  I'm on the mend now, but these things always mess with me.

Def

ph Offline Zephon

Reply #23 on: January 09, 2022, 02:22:01 PM
It's very possible that I have it all confused.

I got my booster on Friday afternoon, and like all vaccines it has kind of put me out of service for a while.  I'm on the mend now, but these things always mess with me.

Def

Congratulations on getting your booster!

Wife and I won’t get ours til the 21st.

A bit of news - wife and kids are all negative based on antigen testing at home. That’s one less thing to worry about and one more reason to sleep a bit more peacefully tonight.

We’re not out of the woods (or isolation) yet. Seems that it’s after my fever that I developed occasional cough and need to discharge from my nose and sneeze. I’m practically more contagious now I think. More masking for us at home.

ph Offline Zephon

Reply #24 on: January 10, 2022, 01:37:53 AM
Just when we thought we could give a sigh of relief due to everyone else testing negative in antigen test, my 14 yr old woke up this morning with an itchy throat due to his nose being poked for the test last night. Now we (more so my wife whose running everything) are on stressful pins and needles until that sore throat goes away.

IR ear thermometer handover. I won’t need it so we’re hoping nobody else would need it in the next few days.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 02:40:42 AM by Zephon »

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #25 on: January 10, 2022, 05:32:04 AM
Hang in there Zephon and family, yous can get through this.

ph Offline Zephon

Reply #26 on: January 10, 2022, 06:04:17 AM
Thanks Zoidberg  :hatsoff:

My 14yr old started to have flu symptoms and fever a couple hours ago…. He’s now in isolation with me to hopefully spare the 12yr old and my wife.

It all started with a sore throat…..I think we’re gonna have someone do RT-PCR test on us within the week.

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #27 on: January 10, 2022, 06:11:39 AM
Hope you feel better and your family stays safe!
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #28 on: January 10, 2022, 08:39:07 AM
Thanks Zoidberg  :hatsoff:

My 14yr old started to have flu symptoms and fever a couple hours ago…. He’s now in isolation with me to hopefully spare the 12yr old and my wife.

It all started with a sore throat…..I think we’re gonna have someone do RT-PCR test on us within the week.

We've got two kids much the same age and our place is small so if one gets it we'll probably all get it.   :dwts:

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #29 on: January 10, 2022, 09:14:14 AM
Get well soon Zephon!
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD
24%