Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Sidekick in a challenge?

us Offline GA1dad

• No Life Club
Sidekick in a challenge?
on: April 23, 2022, 08:40:35 PM
I've got a LM Sidekick I picked up for cheap at the flea market. I know a lot of folks don't care for it,, but I kinda dig it. Been looking over past challenges to see if it is eligible for any of them,, but nothing really fits other than the Daredevil Challenge. Anybody got an idea where it would fit into the 30 day challenges?
Jason - N4RBZ- A Harley can get you through times of no money better than money can get you through times of no Harley____O~`o__

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Sidekick in a challenge?
Reply #1 on: April 23, 2022, 09:12:35 PM
There isn't a Sidekick challenge but you can start one.  I agree with you about it being a great tool and it is one of my favorite carries when combined with a Vic Mountaineer, because the Mountaineer has scissors and a file so between the two you have all the bases covered for most folks' EDC needs and the pair is still lighter than some all in one tools.  Awlso I find that the spring loaded pliers work really well for sewing heavy materials where you have to repeatedly pull the needle through.

* Anniversary Challenge 30.jpg (Filesize: 162.6 KB)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: April 24, 2022, 02:52:49 AM
Sounds like a great idea for a challenge  :cheers:

Might I suggest that you perhaps include the Wingman, Rev and perhaps the Bolster :think:

That would make it were more might potentially join in something like this :tu:

us Offline GA1dad

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: April 24, 2022, 03:55:25 AM
Sounds like a great idea for a challenge  :cheers:

Might I suggest that you perhaps include the Wingman, Rev and perhaps the Bolster :think:

:like:

So for conversation's sake,, what would you call a challenge that included the Sidekick, Rev, Wingman and Bolster? I couldn't find anything like a frame style that linked them?
Jason - N4RBZ- A Harley can get you through times of no money better than money can get you through times of no Harley____O~`o__

us Offline Farmer X

• Master of the unexciting
Reply #4 on: April 24, 2022, 06:48:14 AM

Myself included. I don't have a Sidekick, but I do have a Rev and a Wingman. I think you'd need ten participants for a new badge, and I wouldn't be free until at least June.

As for what to call it?  :dunno:
USN 2000-2006

Culling of the knife and multi herds in progress...

If I pay five figures for something, it better have wings or a foundation!

us Offline Adam5

Reply #5 on: April 24, 2022, 01:28:25 PM
I think it is a great idea to include all four in the challenge. Probably because I have all four of them  :D
I will definitely participant if there is a challenge.

I would suggest Budget Leathermans as a name, but at $70 I don't consider the Wingman and the Sidekick as being budget MTs.

us Offline GA1dad

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: April 24, 2022, 02:24:51 PM
I would suggest Budget Leathermans as a name, but at $70 I don't consider the Wingman and the Sidekick as being budget MTs.

I thought about "Entry Level" because I saw a lot of folks referring to them as that, but entry level would seem to encompass more than just those four. And like you said,, $70 is a bit much for "entry level".

Maybe the SWRB Challenge.

us Offline Adam5

Reply #7 on: April 24, 2022, 02:52:48 PM
I thought about "Entry Level" because I saw a lot of folks referring to them as that, but entry level would seem to encompass more than just those four. And like you said,, $70 is a bit much for "entry level".

Maybe the SWRB Challenge.

That sounds good to me.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #8 on: April 24, 2022, 04:12:55 PM
$70 now :ahhh I think They were around $30 for a Wingman and maybe $35 for a Sidekick when they were originally released and a Rev was at Lowes for either $15 or $19 when they first released them :facepalm:

That seems like a good name for a challenge as this  :tu: :like:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $139.46
PayPal Fees: $8.05
Net Balance: $131.41
Below Goal: $168.59
Site Currency: USD