Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

New Leatherman Tool Coming Out May 31, 2022

Offline gadgetman7

Re: New Leatherman Tool Coming Out May 31, 2022
Reply #30 on: May 31, 2022, 03:55:34 PM
Does anyone have a Tread and love it and actually find it useful?
I have one as a watch band. I travel with it and have used the drivers a few times. They work well as long as the screw/bit is on the surface. I really do like it for non permissive environments like airports/planes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #31 on: May 31, 2022, 04:25:46 PM
TOPO Skele looks fun and that pouch too.  Not liking the combo blade.  Th price on the LM Tread looks great as compared to when it came out.  Also about as good as the fakes that also came out around that time.  If you were thinking of getting one now seems like a good time.  I have one and have worn it but not used it.  It was more novelty than anything.  Neat but not useful for me. 

Esse Quam Videri

us Offline genevabuck

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: May 31, 2022, 04:35:53 PM
TOPO Skele looks fun and that pouch too.  Not liking the combo blade.  Th price on the LM Tread looks great as compared to when it came out.  Also about as good as the fakes that also came out around that time.  If you were thinking of getting one now seems like a good time.  I have one and have worn it but not used it.  It was more novelty than anything.  Neat but not useful for me.

I think it would have been more presentable if it had stainless steel pliers and tools, as opposed to the BO.  Just my humble opinion. 

pr Offline Juan el Boricua

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: May 31, 2022, 07:37:53 PM
Not my " cup of tea" but, it would certainly interest me if it came with this

Screenshot_20220531-132207_Chrome.jpg
* Screenshot_20220531-132207_Chrome.jpg (Filesize: 398.84 KB)

us Offline darrylf

Reply #34 on: May 31, 2022, 10:27:05 PM
Thanks for the replies about tread. The comments about it being mainly a neat “accessory” are pretty much along the lines I was thinking too. Is it actually being discontinued? Leatherman site doesn’t say that.

And thanks for indulging me off topic, so now I’ll add thoughts about the new skeletool: I don’t want one but I am fighting the temptation to buy a couple to have on hand as nifty gifts when the occasion arises. (For instance maybe my sister doesn’t want to carry around a chunk of stainless steel, but I could get her into enjoying multitools because she would like this because it is so cute!) however I strongly agree with genevabuck that it would be way better with stainless tools and a plain blade.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #35 on: May 31, 2022, 10:38:52 PM
Her thinking its cute is a wonderful reason for her to carry the tool.  The best part is she'll have a capable tool.  Its great when tools evoke emotions that prompt us to carry them.  Who cares if those reasons are cute, pretty, neat, fun, accessory, etc.  Having a tool on your person is the result and if the need or occasion arises you are capable. 

Fun is important.  I think all to many times its missed.  I agree capable is my goal but it has to be fun. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline stuntzombie

Reply #36 on: May 31, 2022, 10:55:02 PM
I'm kinda tempted by it, mainly because I don't already have a Skeletool and I dig the pouch and the colors. But then again, I don't know that it offers anything over my Free P2 or Crater.

pr Offline Juan el Boricua

• No Life Club
Reply #37 on: June 01, 2022, 01:14:03 AM
Stuntzombie, consider the Skele for what it is. IMHO, the Skele is in a different class as the P2: the Skeletool is a minimalistic, ligh to medium duty tool with combo blade, bit driver with combo bit, pliers head, carabiner/bottle opener; the Free P2 has scissors, four drivers (3 flat, 1 phillips), awl, can opener, bottle opener, medium duty pliers with replaceable cutters, and file. Both are good for the intended purposes, but I would not substitute one for the other (not permanently, but can see them in rotation). I would buy this Skele for its portability and  general use but, most importantly, because I like it ( that is how I have 3 Signals, and counting ...).
That being said,and although I know the merits of each, neither is my chosen tool so, do take the info. as a grain of salt.
Good luck, and do post pictures if you get it, as I'd like to see one "in the wild"!.  :tu: :cheers:

us Offline genevabuck

• No Life Club
Reply #38 on: June 01, 2022, 02:46:03 AM
Leatherman should market it as an EDC for clowns.

us Offline darrylf

Reply #39 on: June 01, 2022, 04:11:08 AM
Leatherman should market it as an EDC for clowns.

Ha ha ha! 🤡

Hey you better not be talkin about my sister. 😸

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #40 on: June 01, 2022, 04:13:41 AM
 :rofl:

If I do end up with one it will be because I get one for a very very good price :whistle: otherwise I think I will pass and hope that they come up with something different in the future :salute: :cheers:

gb Offline Tasky

• Galaxy-hopping garbage-man
Reply #41 on: June 01, 2022, 07:33:13 PM
The colours make it look like the kids' climbing frame at the local playground......

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #42 on: June 02, 2022, 03:40:48 PM
I have 1 on order but it took the help of a friend on Facebook. He messaged me if I wanted 1. I originally said no. He then sent me some links. Most of those did not show the tool. Not surprising...this tool is visible on Leatherman's American website...but not on their Canadian portal. That excludes me once again. He sent me the link to that bag manufacturer, and despite their shipping to Canada...all evidence of that Skeletool is expunged if you try to access it from Canada. The page shows up and quickly boots you to their home page. I even tried to search for it on their official web site to no avail. My friend then linked me to the Rei American website...and I was able to order 1. Thank you Rei...and a big no thank you to Leatherman once again. I am positive they also blocked TOPO from selling them to Canadians as well seeing I could order any of their other goods.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline genevabuck

• No Life Club
Reply #43 on: June 03, 2022, 03:27:35 AM
While I am not a fan of this tool, I like the fact that LM has gone away from the SHOT Show yearly introduction strategy and seems to be sprinkling new products out every 3-4 months. It is more interesting and better than feeling like a kid anxiously waiting another 364 days for the next Christmas.

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Reply #44 on: June 03, 2022, 04:40:58 AM
:rofl:

If I do end up with one it will be because I get one for a very very good price :whistle: otherwise I think I will pass

Me too. Painted Leatherman tools are lousy. If they are doing multi colors, I would like some hard coating like TiN, TiCN, AlTiN, or ceramic as minimum.

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #45 on: June 03, 2022, 03:08:57 PM
I'm kinda tempted by it, mainly because I don't already have a Skeletool and I dig the pouch and the colors. But then again, I don't know that it offers anything over my Free P2 or Crater.
It's great if you want to carry a SAK like a Swisschamp and you miss the pliers, or you need Torx and Allen bits.
Then again, you might go for a Spirit or a Wave.

Στάλθηκε από το MAR-LX1A μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

us Offline afishhunter

Reply #46 on: June 04, 2022, 06:38:48 PM
This cruiseline doesn’t allow pocketknives or scissors of any size from what I can tell.
Really? How are you supposed to remove the tags from the sandals/boat shoes, clothes swimsuits/bikinis and hats bought at the onboard gift shop? Toenail clippers? ???
Yes. That ugly old thing in my avatar is I.

us Offline darrylf

Reply #47 on: June 04, 2022, 10:23:34 PM
Really? How are you supposed to remove the tags from the sandals/boat shoes, clothes swimsuits/bikinis and hats bought at the onboard gift shop? Toenail clippers? ???

If I were on that cruise I might be compelled to figure out how to make a prison shiv from materials on board.

Or planning ahead, maybe could get through security with a small grinding stone and a flat piece of metal.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $160.46
PayPal Fees: $9.45
Net Balance: $151.01
Below Goal: $148.99
Site Currency: USD
50%