Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

OFFICIAL 2024 JANUARY CLASSIC CHALLENGE

Explorer · 688 · 18355

us Offline IMR4198

• No Life Club
Re: OFFICIAL 2024 JANUARY CLASSIC CHALLENGE
Reply #570 on: January 26, 2024, 12:42:28 PM
    I wonder.  Does the challenge end on January 31, or is it just a 30 day challenge like all the others?  I should have done my due diligence and found out before I entered into this.  If I had known it was going to be a 31 day challenge, I might not have started. 
    Maybe I can sweat it out for ONE extra day if I have to.  Temps have gone up about 45-50 degrees this week.  Those are Fahrenheit temps for your Europeen knife addicts, not Centipede temps like you are used to.  It preciped enough yesterday to put two feet of snow on the ground if the temps had stayed low.  Just gloomy, gray, and rainy.  I took a very poor sort of photo with Bijou.  It's hard to take photos of rain.  Very easy with an IR camera, since the rain glops glow.  Best wishes.  G
 :(  DAY 26

classicrain.jpg
* classicrain.jpg (Filesize: 231.21 KB)

us Offline Fireman

• No Life Club
  • Truck Monkey
Reply #571 on: January 26, 2024, 01:20:07 PM
DAY 26  Hoffritz Classic day!

us Offline Fireman

• No Life Club
  • Truck Monkey
Reply #572 on: January 26, 2024, 01:21:35 PM
    I wonder.  Does the challenge end on January 31, or is it just a 30 day challenge like all the others?  I should have done my due diligence and found out before I entered into this.  If I had known it was going to be a 31 day challenge, I might not have started. 
    Maybe I can sweat it out for ONE extra day if I have to.  Temps have gone up about 45-50 degrees this week.  Those are Fahrenheit temps for your Europeen knife addicts, not Centipede temps like you are used to.  It preciped enough yesterday to put two feet of snow on the ground if the temps had stayed low.  Just gloomy, gray, and rainy.  I took a very poor sort of photo with Bijou.  It's hard to take photos of rain.  Very easy with an IR camera, since the rain glops glow.  Best wishes.  G

I appear to have skipped day 20, so I'll be going until the 31st to make it up.

us Offline BPRoberts

• No Life Club
Reply #573 on: January 26, 2024, 02:18:31 PM
  [ Quoting of attachment images from other messages is not allowed ]

Just 30. We get a day to recover before the 100/108.

us Offline IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #574 on: January 26, 2024, 02:51:36 PM
    I wonder if the 108 challenge will ever get off the ground?  Five days left and only five people have signed on.  It just got cold and stale like that leftover pizza way back in the freezer. 
    Well, after this last 58mm event, I will go back to my usual 108mm carry anyway.  One way or the other.  If five more people don't sign up, I will carry a Leatherman too.  Put away my shoestring and pink paperclip tether.  Bijou will stay next to my compooter for fingernail futzing and mail call duty. 
     I hope friend Gra enjoyed his morgenmete.  Never heard of it before.  Looks like a big Twinkie.   The name looks archaic.  Like 'morning food' or something.  Best wishes.  G
 :)

us Offline BPRoberts

• No Life Club
Reply #575 on: January 26, 2024, 04:03:26 PM
    I wonder if the 108 challenge will ever get off the ground?  Five days left and only five people have signed on.  It just got cold and stale like that leftover pizza way back in the freezer. 
    Well, after this last 58mm event, I will go back to my usual 108mm carry anyway.  One way or the other.  If five more people don't sign up, I will carry a Leatherman too.  Put away my shoestring and pink paperclip tether.  Bijou will stay next to my compooter for fingernail futzing and mail call duty. 
     I hope friend Gra enjoyed his morgenmete.  Never heard of it before.  Looks like a big Twinkie.   The name looks archaic.  Like 'morning food' or something.  Best wishes.  G
 :)

I'm seeing 10 signed up in the thread.

us Offline IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #576 on: January 26, 2024, 04:23:08 PM
Enginears made a list of the members who expressed interest in the past.  Then he asked who wanted to confirm this week if they were still in.  So far, only five.  I assume part of the rest either forgot about it, or decided to do something else.  Can it be assumed that all ten are just waiting for the start?  I don't think so.  Best wishes.  G
 :hatsoff:

cz Offline z1913

Reply #577 on: January 26, 2024, 07:25:45 PM
Day 26

No action for the Broker. Probably just dreaming about some Bijous.

fi Offline old Lefty

• No Life Club
  • Brick Bradford of multitool universe
Reply #578 on: January 26, 2024, 07:44:11 PM
Day 26:
Aquarius scaled Classic opening up lunch:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
by this axe I rule

us Offline Jeffjeeptj

Reply #579 on: January 26, 2024, 09:44:59 PM
Just hanging around with some cousins.  Compact, Handyman, himself, Champ, Workchamp, and Signature Tool.

IMG_3408.jpg
* IMG_3408.jpg (Filesize: 301.94 KB)

Most coincidences are carefully planned.

us Offline IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #580 on: January 26, 2024, 09:53:50 PM
Some nice ones there, Jeff.  Hope you are feeling better.   :D Best wishes.  G

us Offline MTSAK

Reply #581 on: January 26, 2024, 10:05:30 PM
Day 26:
Kids are at school, and I'm home with my wife. Took her in to convenient care this morning because she was too weak to drive herself. She tested positive for 'flu B. This is the sickest she has been in our 15 years together. She's sleeping now, and I'm catching up on some journaling and laundry. Slap just finished up gathering up all of my slingshots and taking inventory on what needs re-banding before we get the Starling invasion.

Robee the Robot is currently trying to confiscate my Mint SD. Sneaky little sucker

us Offline Jeffjeeptj

Reply #582 on: January 26, 2024, 10:14:43 PM
Thanks IMR.  I was  struggling for a photo topic.  There may be a few more cousins come to visit.
MTSAK - glad you are being careful.  Those robots can be very sneaky and seem to like mint flavor.

Hope your wife recovers quickly.  My wife had had the crud for the  past 7 days, i’m going on 10. We seem to be recovering more quickly, if we take afternoon naps
« Last Edit: January 26, 2024, 10:23:55 PM by Jeffjeeptj »

us Offline MTSAK

Reply #583 on: January 26, 2024, 10:16:40 PM
Thanks IMR.  I was  struggling for a photo topic.  There may be a few more cousins come to visit.
MTSAK - glad you are being careful.  Those robots can be very sneaky and seem to like mint flavor.

Hope your wife recovers quickly.  My wife had had the crud for the  past 7 days, i’m going on 10. We seem tombe recovering more quickly, if we take afternoon naps

Thank you! Glad to hear you guys are recovering. I'm just praying that my daughter's and I don't catch it. Especially the 10 month old.

nl Offline glenfiddich1983

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • aka "G-Fiddle" and "Glen-Fizzle"
Reply #584 on: January 26, 2024, 10:28:18 PM
Day 26

[--- arms length ---] (-.-) 

^-- where the cat sits

us Offline IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #585 on: January 26, 2024, 10:47:36 PM
    Great photos everybody.  It won't be long now.  Best wishes to MTSAK and his family.  Speedy recovery to all who are ailing.
     Jeff, I hope you are enjoying your promotion to Jr.  Member now.  Got another threaded fastener to your avatar space now.  You may have noticed there is no test required for your advancement.  Won't be long until you are a Full member.  Keep up the good work.  Best wishes.  G
 :hatsoff:

us Offline cody6268

Reply #586 on: January 27, 2024, 02:05:32 AM
Day 26:

I used the "nail file" as a regular file to get some rough spots out of the piece of wood that I use as a pin to help keep the sheep feed box lid shut tightly.  I hope Victorinox updates the 58mm file to have the same borderless design as now used on the 84mm ones.

us Offline Explorer

• No Life Club
Reply #587 on: January 27, 2024, 02:54:17 AM
thought I posted this one but looks like it didn't go through because I was exploring out in the boondocks and had about one bar of service.   :twak:

The main blade cut some stuff no action shots so here's a shot with Mickey

ca Offline Jazz

Reply #588 on: January 27, 2024, 02:57:23 AM
Day 26:

I used the "nail file" as a regular file to get some rough spots out of the piece of wood that I use as a pin to help keep the sheep feed box lid shut tightly.  I hope Victorinox updates the 58mm file to have the same borderless design as now used on the 84mm ones.

(Image removed from quote.)

I hope they don’t. I despise those nail ripping new files that only file one way.

us Offline Explorer

• No Life Club
Reply #589 on: January 27, 2024, 03:03:07 AM

used the screwdriver tip of the nail file on the classic alox to replace some lightbulbs in an overhead light. It worked flawlessly literally the perfect tool for the job :tu: :tu:

I've been quite impressed with the mighty classic alox!

i'm catching up and some great uses and pictures from everyone  :hatsoff:

can't believe we're almost rounding the corner on this challenge!

us Offline AzteCypher

Reply #590 on: January 27, 2024, 08:11:06 AM
Day 26

Only 4 more days.  (I actually got it right this time...)  :facepalm:

The little SD was helping trim the loose fibers in the carpet as I helped the wife vacuum the stairs.  Then the scissors assisted in opening up a package of arbol peppers.  I was trying a new concoction for a salsa.  I think... I over did it this time.
🔥🔥

May the best of your past, be the worst of your future.

Click here for cool free stuff from the Surprise Box GAW!
🏆 🚂 Train Fixer Award
-for most trains repaired using classic

us Offline IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #591 on: January 27, 2024, 11:56:00 AM
   Small 58mm type scissors on a tuna pack.  This stuff is tougher than the usual.  Looks metallic on the inside.  Hard to tell what the material is, but it felt like cutting light metal.  The scissors did okay.  Barbecue flavor tuna?  It was edible spread on some toast. 
   Not much left of this challenge.  Light usage all around, seems like.  Appropriate uses except for what friend Gra tried to do with his Bijou.  Bent it's little nose.  Had to do a little cosmetic surgery.  I haven't hurt anything on mine.  Or had to sharpen any of the wee SAKs I have used on the challenge.  I think I used four?  Two blue Classics, one white Bijou, and one green Bijou.  I have some others, but I don't really use any of them.  Will I carry a Classic after this is over?  Mmmm, no.  I'm a one knife kind of guy.  Carry one adequate knife.  Let it go at that.  The 108mm challenge looms.  It is REALLY quiet over there.  Oh well.  Best wishes.  G
 :) DAY 27

tunaclassic.jpg
* tunaclassic.jpg (Filesize: 101.15 KB)

gb Online gra_farmer

Reply #592 on: January 27, 2024, 01:15:44 PM
DAY 27

After taking the youngest to ballet, wife decides to change the routine, which resulted in an extra £30 spend, and lost £20 cash whilst paying for everything (roughly $85 including cash lost)....going back to the normal coffee shop from now on.

Anyway, walnuts were bought, and as the change in routine resulted in no toast or drink for two young girls, the classic nail file helped to open the walnuts, and did rather well.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2024, 01:29:33 PM by gra_farmer »

nl Offline glenfiddich1983

• aka "G-Fiddle" and "Glen-Fizzle"
Reply #593 on: January 27, 2024, 01:22:37 PM
Day 27

[--- arms length ---] (-.-) 

^-- where the cat sits

us Offline Fireman

• No Life Club
  • Truck Monkey
Reply #594 on: January 27, 2024, 02:57:11 PM
DAY 27  Today's tools.  Swagelok Classic and a pen with a ruler.

us Offline BPRoberts

• No Life Club
Reply #595 on: January 27, 2024, 04:15:10 PM
Day 26 (late)

Same one? I used them as stocking stuffers for the family this year.

* pen.jpg (Filesize: 245.21 KB)

us Offline Jeffjeeptj

Reply #596 on: January 27, 2024, 05:02:19 PM
Day 27
Have not had Cream of Wheat for years.  Wife surprised me this morning with a box that needed opening.  Here we go:

IMG_3409.jpg
* IMG_3409.jpg (Filesize: 333.76 KB)

cz Offline z1913

Reply #597 on: January 27, 2024, 05:18:56 PM
Day 27

The light of the SwissLite.

fi Offline old Lefty

• No Life Club
  • Brick Bradford of multitool universe
Reply #598 on: January 27, 2024, 06:05:06 PM
Day 27:
Final lap commencing. Bringing out Space dog scaled Classic. Getting ready to watch some Sci-fi with Alien 4:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
by this axe I rule

us Offline BPRoberts

• No Life Club
Reply #599 on: January 28, 2024, 03:03:37 AM
Day 27

Up close at the Drive-In!

* drivein.jpg (Filesize: 44.71 KB)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!