Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

You ever been here??

no Offline Medic82

• No Life Club
  • You will not laugh! You will not cry!
You ever been here??
on: February 15, 2009, 08:58:06 AM
A typo when I was going too visit the moderpage gave me this site multi-tool.org.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 03:18:59 PM by Defender »
There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives.

scotland Offline Sea Monster

• No Life Club
Re: You ever been here??
Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 09:02:55 AM
BOOO!

The enemy!

(and yes)

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 09:15:56 AM
In fact, he used to be a member here, and was banned after attacking several members.  He also insists that he was not copying us when he registered that domain name, although he had been a member here for several months by then.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline Tinnie

• No Life Club
  • I hate Velcro!
Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 09:35:42 AM
Yes
[

scotland Offline Sea Monster

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009, 09:49:42 AM
In fact, he used to be a member here, and was banned after attacking several members.  He also insists that he was not copying us when he registered that domain name, although he had been a member here for several months by then.

Def

I just love that even amongst a group as silly as multi-tool collectors there are splinter groups & factions, who, presumably, would go to great lengths to snub each other, or engage in oneupmanship at conventions?

no Offline Medic82

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: February 15, 2009, 09:54:20 AM

Def

ahhhhhh, a copycat. I must say that his site is quite crap.

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #6 on: February 15, 2009, 10:22:21 AM
Copy cat is right >:(
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

us Offline hawkchucker

• No Life Club
  • I miss Benner
Reply #7 on: February 15, 2009, 12:46:58 PM
I just send my virus stuff there.
S

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #8 on: February 15, 2009, 01:12:12 PM
Sadly, people will always copy good ideas.
I'm back!!

Flash

Reply #9 on: February 15, 2009, 01:36:08 PM

;)

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #10 on: February 15, 2009, 03:18:36 PM

Def

I just love that even amongst a group as silly as multi-tool collectors there are splinter groups & factions, who, presumably, would go to great lengths to snub each other, or engage in oneupmanship at conventions?

Yes, no, maybe and sideways....

Copycat doesn't go to conventions like SHOT, or at least if he does, he doesn't let anyone know he's going and doesn't post any info about it afterwards.  There is however another individual who portrays himself as a SAK God and pretends to speak for Victorinox and Wenger, despite having no actual SAK knowledge at all.  I won't mention his name, but he also used to post here, and I used to promote him on SOSAKOnline until he decided to start ripping members off and made very rude comments about Americans being spoiled children who need to be spanked.  He also made it plain that SOSAK and Multitool.org members were walking wallets and that if he couldn't sell his stuff then they weren't worth his time.

Yes, it's too bad that hobbies I enjoy and try to be positive about can be damaged by small minded folks with their own agendas.  Often times I think about walking away from SOSAK and Multitool.org because I am tired of fighting tooth and nail with these smarmy arseholes who just seem to want to tear us down for personal gain.  It also bugs me that I always take the high road and rarely go public with any information regarding the stupid, underhanded things these jackasses do, and yet they are perfectly comfortable attacking me, Felinevet, Scibeer, Bob (J-Sews), JoeBW and others.

But, I won't walk away, not when there are literally thousands of other members who remind me on a daily basis why I and many others work so hard to bring this site and SOSAK out day after day.  It wouldn't be fair to all of you to pack it up because of a small number of weasels.

And, in case either of those individuals are reading this, be aware guys, that the kid gloves are wearing thin.

One more thing, I apologize for removing the link in your original post, but I refuse to promote that idiot any more than we already have.  After the better part of a year with his link in his signature line, he never once linked back to us.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Flash

Reply #11 on: February 15, 2009, 03:25:08 PM
Def,

I agree with all you said.

From one man to another I want to publicly thank you for all you do and the hard work and effort that must go into running this fantastic forum

You, the mods and the other members here are what make this place my NUMBER 1 website and its here I spend most of my time.

I don't post as often as others BUT I appreciate each and every post and you and you team for making this plase as it is.

So, for anyone in doubt as to what I am saying.....Def (and his mods) THANKS  :D you have enriched my life.

Nick

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #12 on: February 15, 2009, 03:41:45 PM
You know, the great thing about this site is that no one person could do it.  That's the number one problem with that copycat site- he sees me as "The BIG Man" because I own this place, and he figures he can be a big man too, which is good because if he's big and important, then no one will notice his.... shortcomings.  So, he builds a site and sets himself up as the head man, does everything by himself so he doesn't have to share any "glory" and guess what?  No one shows up to worship him.

Sorry Jake, that's just not how it works.  This site isn't about personal glory, or my overbearing influence, it's about people feeling comfortable and sharing what they like with others.  Until you learn that, you'll always be a pathetic loser...

And, for those that think I am just trying to crush all opposition, in the early days we supported another site at www.multitoolguide.com because Helena (the owner) was nice enough to help us.  She even used to post here back in the early days, but she seems to have disappeared since then.  Wherever she is now, I hope she is doing well!

I'd also point anyone interested to the Links page on the main site in case anyone hasn't been there- lots of good info and cool outside pages well worth checking out:

http://www.multitool.org/links/

Like everything else around here, it needs to be updated, but it's on the list...!

Def

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #13 on: February 15, 2009, 03:54:56 PM
I do thank Def for all he has done to take the idea of a multitool website/forum and make it a reality. I in a way was like the hypenator and I use to try and do things all by myself. I ran "multipro" and then the name changed to "multitool Manifesto", all the time trying to make a site where folks could do what they do here. I had neither the funds or anyone who cared to aid me in my task so it failed miserably. I met Def when he was running SOSAK and he got me hooked on SAK's, I told him about my little site and my idea and it grew from that seed of hope. I hope someday this place is big enough to support itself and have a presence that is known the world over. I do not spend alot of time on here because life gets in the way, when time I am here I try to make the best of it and be constructive. I am glad I can still remain a large part of what goes on here and I don't ever want that to change. This is a site from the people for the people, and shall it continue to be. Yes I have been to the hyphenators site here and there, sort of checking up on what that weasel is doing over there. I notice his site has a new look, yet the same content. I won't dig any deeper into that, I could say so much about it and I won't waste my breath. We use to talk about him alot, not that he was a threat but it ticked us off that he was using us to help get himself moving. Now we dont bother with him, let those who are self destructive get rid of themselves.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #14 on: February 15, 2009, 04:25:38 PM
I won't bother repeating all the positive stuff that has been said about this site because we all know it to be true.  All I will say is that this is the first site I look at the moment I sit down at the computer.  That should give a good indication as to how high a regard I hold for the people here.  :salute:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

no Offline Medic82

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: February 15, 2009, 04:37:05 PM

Def

Copycat doesn't go to conventions like SHOT, or at least if he does, he doesn't let anyone know he's going and doesn't post any info about it afterwards.  There is however another individual who portrays himself as a SAK God and pretends to speak for Victorinox and Wenger, despite having no actual SAK knowledge at all.  I won't mention his name, but he also used to post here, and I used to promote him on SOSAKOnline until he decided to start ripping members off and made very rude comments about Americans being spoiled children who need to be spanked.  He also made it plain that SOSAK and Multitool.org members were walking wallets and that if he couldn't sell his stuff then they weren't worth his time.

Yes, it's too bad that hobbies I enjoy and try to be positive about can be damaged by small minded folks with their own agendas.  Often times I think about walking away from SOSAK and Multitool.org because I am tired of fighting tooth and nail with these smarmy arseholes who just seem to want to tear us down for personal gain.  It also bugs me that I always take the high road and rarely go public with any information regarding the stupid, underhanded things these jackasses do, and yet they are perfectly comfortable attacking me, Felinevet, Scibeer, Bob (J-Sews), JoeBW and others.

But, I won't walk away, not when there are literally thousands of other members who remind me on a daily basis why I and many others work so hard to bring this site and SOSAK out day after day.  It wouldn't be fair to all of you to pack it up because of a small number of weasels.

And, in case either of those individuals are reading this, be aware guys, that the kid gloves are wearing thin.

One more thing, I apologize for removing the link in your original post, but I refuse to promote that idiot any more than we already have.  After the better part of a year with his link in his signature line, he never once linked back to us.

Def

Dang. Didn’t know it went that deep, had I known, I would never have mentioned the thing. No need to make excuses for removing the link, you can remove the entire name if you want, hell, you can remove the topic if you want and I will give you my blessing.

This forum is the best place on the WWW and I am very glad that I found it. Keep up the good work guys.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #16 on: February 15, 2009, 05:05:56 PM

Dang. Didn’t know it went that deep, had I known, I would never have mentioned the thing. No need to make excuses for removing the link, you can remove the entire name if you want, hell, you can remove the topic if you want and I will give you my blessing.

This forum is the best place on the WWW and I am very glad that I found it. Keep up the good work guys.

No need to regret bringing it up. We're all friends here.
And really that is the bottom line isn't it? The members of this site, the administrators, the moderators, everyone, are all part of a great worldwide community that gets along and supports one another wonderfully. Look at how many threads here are about helping each other and acts of kindness; a SideClip group buy where the guy doing all the work doesn't ask for a thing in return for his efforts. The same thing with some unique SAK's from Korea, where the member doing the buying and the shipping is doing it all for free. Problems with a computer virus? Half a dozen members jump in with suggestions. Praying that you get that new dream job? Ten or twenty of us are praying along with you. Had a heart attack? Hell, most of the members of the entire site are trading PM's, wondering where to send donations! We make a great team, us members of multitool.org. Which is why I cannot stand - nay, I despise - self-promoting twits like those above who come to this site, make like they want to be a part of our little group, but are really just here to feed off us like the parasites they are. It takes a lot more than a " - " or a " + " in your site name to command the respect worthy of multitool.org
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline felinevet

• Banner Member
  • No Life Club
Reply #17 on: February 15, 2009, 06:35:19 PM
:oops: I agree totally except please don't use the term copy CAT. It reflects poorly on cats. Call him, lets see.......Copy Creep?
T

no Offline Medic82

• No Life Club
Reply #18 on: February 15, 2009, 06:37:45 PM
:oops: I agree totally except please don't use the term copy CAT. It reflects poorly on cats. Call him, lets see.......Copy Creep?

CopyCreep is ok for me.

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #19 on: February 15, 2009, 06:40:35 PM
I would just like to say how proud I am of being a Moderator on this site . I've known Grant ( Def ) for quite a while now ( years in fact ) and he has always been very helpfull to me , in fact its always seemed one way to me  :o Grants has given an awfull lot with very little in return . Theres only 4 people from the internet that I really want to meet and have a pint with and Defs in that four  :D  ( the other three are members here too  ;) but I'm not telling  :P )  
    I've always tried to distance myself from the 2 members mentioned in this post , mainly because I could see what they where up to and didn't want to fuel the fire . But theres no problem , people vote with their feet and look how many we have here  :D I and I speak for the other Mods and members don't come on here for personal gain , we come on here to share knowledge and friendship and after the last UK meetup some real bonds and friendship were made . Maybe sometimes certain people forget theres a real person at the other end of the keyboard .

Dunc

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #20 on: February 15, 2009, 06:42:16 PM

No need to regret bringing it up. We're all friends here.
And really that is the bottom line isn't it? The members of this site, the administrators, the moderators, everyone, are all part of a great worldwide community that gets along and supports one another wonderfully. Look at how many threads here are about helping each other and acts of kindness; a SideClip group buy where the guy doing all the work doesn't ask for a thing in return for his efforts. The same thing with some unique SAK's from Korea, where the member doing the buying and the shipping is doing it all for free. Problems with a computer virus? Half a dozen members jump in with suggestions. Praying that you get that new dream job? Ten or twenty of us are praying along with you. Had a heart attack? Hell, most of the members of the entire site are trading PM's, wondering where to send donations! We make a great team, us members of multitool.org. Which is why I cannot stand - nay, I despise - self-promoting twits like those above who come to this site, make like they want to be a part of our little group, but are really just here to feed off us like the parasites they are. It takes a lot more than a " - " or a " + " in your site name to command the respect worthy of multitool.org

Bob that was one hell of a post and I agree 100%

Dunc

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #21 on: February 15, 2009, 09:32:55 PM
I'm trying to remember who these "troublemakers" were on this site but I can't...their time here must have been short lived.

Bottom line is this;  If you want to know something about multitools (or basically anything else) this is the place to be.
[

us Offline hawkchucker

• No Life Club
  • I miss Benner
Reply #22 on: February 15, 2009, 10:07:05 PM
Dunc can you at least pretend I am one of the 4 for my ego!
S

Offline appletree_man

Reply #23 on: February 15, 2009, 10:19:27 PM
Wow, had no idea there was bother from some people in the past  :o
T

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #24 on: February 15, 2009, 10:22:19 PM
Wow, had no idea there was bother from some people in the past  :o
Well for the most part there gone now, and there's only a few people we have to still keep an eye on :)
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #25 on: February 15, 2009, 11:12:08 PM

Def

Def

That's not a big problem.  I certainly wouldn't suggest that anyone should not visit that site, or purchase from the other guy if you like- I don't control anyone's actions!  plus, if there's something of interest there, then by all means check it out.  I removed the link for technical reasons, but left the wording there in case anyone wanted to check it out.  You see, we have a much greater page ranking than him, and by having a hyperlink to him, we are elevating his ranking.  I don't want to stop folks from visiting that site if they want, but I don't want to help Google index him.

I'm sure the names won't come as any surprise to anyone, and in fact I think I've made it pretty obvious already, but I haven't slipped quite far enough to say their names.  Hopefully, after reading this (and I am certain they will become aware of this sooner or later) they will clean up their act, to the betterment of everyone.  I am glad though, that we managed to smooth these incidents over enough that they seemed transparent to most everyone here, as we are here to talk about tools, not point fingers.

By the way, there have been numerous discussions about this amongst the moderators, and you may have picked up on a few of the "code names" we use, like CopyCat and Hyphenator.  Those are the same guy... CopyCat (now apparently CopyCreep!  :D) was called that for copying this site, and Hyphenator refers to the hyphenated name Multi-Tool.  I have many times wanted to do a "Beware of Imitators" kind of thing, in which I point out that no one here would likely buy a Leather-man or Ger-ber, but I have been trying to behave myself, and as much as he bugs me, I'd really rather not get into mud slinging!

Def

spam Offline glorn

• No Life Club
  • His name is Robert Paulson.
Reply #26 on: February 16, 2009, 01:58:57 AM

And by now Def has attracted the interest of a number of rather off kilter and connected persons who enjoy coming here on a daily basis.. so should you choose to make trouble, be prepared to deal with some nastiness far beyond what you are expecting. 

In short, you mess with Def, you mess with all of us and all of those we know.

You followin' me there camera guy?

G

ph Offline duckman1975

• No Life Club
  • Naked without my multitool!
Reply #27 on: February 16, 2009, 02:27:08 AM
Hiddy Ho! just went to the "other" site. I like it here better because of the dysfunctional members here myself included!  :D
Multitools are the best thing that happened to mankind since the invention of the wheel!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #28 on: February 16, 2009, 03:05:09 AM
I think that there link is or was on wikipedia  :P I clicked it a while back and like medic thought I was going here :ahhh

I as others have said come here most of the time as soon as Firefox comes on :D

I don't think any other place could fuel my MT and SAK requirements ;)

Thanks to Def, all the Mods, the Admins and all the members :tu:

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
  • Supreme Planetary Overlord trainee
Reply #29 on: February 16, 2009, 05:44:10 AM
I just popped in there,and it says it's under construction and I didn't see any recent material.A one man show is good only up to a point.THIS site is always fresh and evolving because of the members that contribute.And believe me,a banning doesn't come easy,a LOT of discussion goes on,and a LOT of second chances are offered.
I

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD