Multitool.org Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Gerber MP 600 D.E.T Fake. 97212

Zombie Apprentice Posts: 10,549 Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Re: Gerber MP 600 D.E.T Fake.
« Reply #240 on: August 08, 2019, 04:46:26 AM »
Interesting collection focus. I like a good rip-off tool, but don't actively collect them.  :ahhh

But, that said, those DET fakes can still be had all over the place for $10-$20 shipped, so that buyer got a bad deal. :facepalm:

Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.
Full Member Posts: 126
« Reply #241 on: December 31, 2019, 07:30:06 PM »
Thanks for the posting this Gerleatherberman it's important to know what you're buying.  I have see similar MP600 fakes on Ebay in the past.  Buyer beware. 
New User Posts: 2
« Reply #242 on: May 10, 2020, 03:09:03 AM »
Does anyone know if the tool screws work from these fakes in the real Gerber tools. I snapped one off my Center Drive and need to replace it. I know the one from the MP600 is the same but I don't want to tear apart a good MP600 just to tale the screws I need.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 03:14:26 AM by NewZona Rides »
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 19,731 Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
« Reply #243 on: June 14, 2020, 11:13:26 AM »
I have no clue. I have never had to do it. Mind you, considering the obvious lack of quality that permeates the knock off throughout, I probably wouldn't suggest doing that if you are looking for something durable...if it fits in the first place.

A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles
New User Posts: 2
« Reply #244 on: June 21, 2020, 08:34:06 AM »
I suppose I should answer just in case someone ever has the same question I did. I purchased one and found that nothing is interchangeable except the plier head. Since no one would ever want to make that switch I would just say nothing will work on a real Gerber.
Newbie Posts: 11
« Reply #245 on: January 02, 2021, 10:06:44 PM »
Does anyone know if the tool screws work from these fakes in the real Gerber tools. I snapped one off my Center Drive and need to replace it. I know the one from the MP600 is the same but I don't want to tear apart a good MP600 just to tale the screws I need.

DAmn it is sad though, you snap a screw and consider buying an entire fake tool because it is cheaper/easier than trying to get a replacement screw for the original. I wish Gerber would take this into account. Making a warranty claim to them is the slowest process.
Newbie Posts: 11
« Reply #246 on: January 02, 2021, 10:42:37 PM »
Interesting. Think it's worthwhile to alert Gerber to this?

A few years ago the firearms accessory the Grip Pod became an item that was issued to certain US Military members, over the course of time poorly made Chinese clones managed to get into the supply system and cause problems for frontline troops. Being that the EOD tool is sometimes issued and used by US Military personnel it may be worth an email to let Gerber know so they can make sure their supply line doesn't get compromised.

The only way it gets into front line troops is when the troops steal the genuine items, sell them and then replace them with cheaper items so they don't get fined by the army for losing items. I think everyone involved is to blame a little. When I was in my ET tool (the thing we use to bury our poop with) got stolen by another soldier. It is impossible to prove but the army would have fined me about 100 bucks for that, so I went down and bought a cheap 20 dollar replacement. It never bothered me because I never went to the front line but it is hardly the copycat manufacturers fault that the tools end up there. It takes 4 parties to contribute, the manufacturer for making them, army for charing their troops to replace them, the soliders for stealing them and the victim soldiers for replacing them with counterfiets.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $79.60
PayPal Fees: $5.65
Net Balance: $73.95
Below Goal: $226.05
Site Currency: USD
25%