Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Car boot finds

Sparky415 · 4117 · 296489

us Offline Mike 56

• No Life Club
Re: Car boot finds
Reply #3750 on: July 26, 2021, 06:23:08 PM
You’re welcome that guy can restore anything.
I think Alcohol, Tabacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency. 

Mike

us Offline Mike 56

• No Life Club
Reply #3751 on: July 30, 2021, 06:24:26 AM
Here is a link to thousands of old tool catalogs. https://archive.org/details/internationaltoolcataloglibrary
I think Alcohol, Tabacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency. 

Mike

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Estate Sale 8/14/2021
Reply #3752 on: August 14, 2021, 10:19:26 PM
Lots of nice items.   The 1/2 drive Bonney pull bar, Thorsen wrenches, Proto wrenches, Kraeuter pliers, and a Bonney V50 1/4 drive socket set with a minty new Plomb  breaker bar amongst it all. Also 4 USA Vise-Grips.  Average price per item was $1.25.
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

us Offline David

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3753 on: August 15, 2021, 03:41:22 AM
Good haul on some of the good old tool companies that are no longer around!     :tu:
What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.
Hold Fast

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #3754 on: August 15, 2021, 04:56:49 AM
Good haul on some of the good old tool companies that are no longer around!     :tu:

:hatsoff:
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3755 on: August 17, 2021, 05:58:52 PM

:iagree: :tu:

Offline richardwilde90

• New User
Reply #3756 on: August 25, 2021, 03:48:23 PM
They have been around for ever Bob

Their website says...

Founded in 1906 by innovative young engineer Frank Moore, Moore & Wright has been designing, manufacturing and supplying precision measuring equipment to global industry for over 100 years. With roots fixed firmly in Sheffield, England, the company began by manufacturing a range of calipers, screwdrivers, punches and other engineer’s tools.

Now part of the eminent Bowers Metrology Group and with production facilities in the UK and China, Moore & Wright continues its commitment to supplying worldwide industry with high quality, affordable products. Its ongoing pledge to research and development should ensure that Moore & Wright remains at the forefront of global innovation.

http://www.moore-and-wright.com/

:cheers:

mod edit: advertising links removed
« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 11:14:45 PM by SteveC »

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3757 on: August 26, 2021, 11:12:56 PM
Sorry to have to pull your post, but it is in violation of our forum policies on advertising. :salute:

As this is a privately owned and members funded forum we can't allow you to advertise for free here. We have members here paying for the privilege to advertise and allowing you to do so for free wouldn't be fair to them. If you're searching for input and thoughts on projects you'll need to upgrade your account to a Research and Development subscription you can buy here for only $10 for 30 days or $75 a year.

Then you'll be able to post links to your project in our R&D subforum.

Or if you're trying to fund your project, check out our Crowd Funding board. Crowd Sourcing subscription is $15 per month or $110 a year.

Be sure to read Multitool.org Think Tank Rules too.

If you have any more questions or would like arrange options for advertising your tool, please contact Grant Lamontagne, the site owner via email.

Nice to have you with us and you can enjoy the forum and take part in the discussions, but don't advertise anymore until you've made arrangements to do so with the forum owner. :cheers:  [/quote]

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #3758 on: August 27, 2021, 11:17:09 PM
I needed some retail therapy today. Estate sale  #1. Fulton Tools plane.   Stanley 299 and Walsco  box cutters.  Mineral spirits and assorted nails and bolts. Red Devil paint scraper.   

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #3759 on: August 27, 2021, 11:41:48 PM
Retail therapy estate sale #2.   Vise-Grips galore.   Also an 8mm Craftsman wrench to replace one I lost, two Craftsman screwdrivers, a craftsman 3/8 8 inch extension,  an Elephant brand 6 inch adjustable wrench and a Lufkin 656 Mason’s rule and this was the mundane stuff. More from this sale to come.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2021, 12:00:35 AM by Yadda »

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #3760 on: August 28, 2021, 01:30:36 AM
OMG I swear you must be running out of space!
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #3761 on: August 28, 2021, 01:35:31 AM
OMG I swear you must be running out of space!
JR

You would think.  The star buys for this week are still to come.   :o

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #3762 on: August 31, 2021, 04:56:05 AM
This is part two of my Estate sale #2 buy Saturday.  Payed $5. Looks like new.  Kindly three blade multi tool.

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #3763 on: August 31, 2021, 05:02:29 AM
Part three of Estate sale #2.   And this is the star buy.  Spyderco Police pair in a Nite Ize Mini sheath.  Another $5. A little wear on the stainless steel scales, but otherwise no real use .  These are marked G-2 which from my research indicates they were made 1992-1994ish.  I don’t usually buy knives, but this was too good to pass up.

us Offline Adam5

Reply #3764 on: August 31, 2021, 05:29:47 AM
This is part two of my Estate sale #2 buy Saturday.  Payed $5. Looks like new.  Kindly three blade multi tool.

Part three of Estate sale #2.   And this is the star buy.  Spyderco Police pair in a Nite Ize Mini sheath.  Another $5. A little wear on the stainless steel scales, but otherwise no real use .  These are marked G-2 which from my research indicates they were made 1992-1994ish.  I don’t usually buy knives, but this was too good to pass up.

Very nice!

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #3765 on: September 12, 2021, 07:27:57 PM
My Saturday Auction buy.  Paid a little over $28.   Includes a skateboard multi tool. 

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #3766 on: September 12, 2021, 08:57:43 PM
Nice find! I like that chisel set!
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #3767 on: September 12, 2021, 10:50:05 PM
Nice find! I like that chisel set!
JR

Yep, there is a second 1 1/4 chisel so kind of an extended set.  I bought the lot for that set. 

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #3768 on: September 12, 2021, 10:55:00 PM
Yep, there is a second 1 1/4 chisel so kind of an extended set.  I bought the lot for that set.
Nice! :tu:
JR

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3769 on: September 12, 2021, 11:55:59 PM
Nice score especially the chisels !

us Offline cody6268

Reply #3770 on: September 17, 2021, 02:24:22 AM
My Craftsman just like that was my first real power tool (in other words, not a Dremel). I badly need to replace the cord, but it's still going strong. My Granddad bought it in the '80s, replaced it with a cordless drill in the early 2000s; and it sat unused for quite some time. I've mostly been using a 5/8 Hitachi for the bigger stuff, however. Got that on sale at Lowe's for $30.

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #3771 on: September 19, 2021, 07:19:09 PM
Estate sale buy this weekend.  Craftsman doweling jig, Millers Falls No. 18 vise, a saw vise, Stanley No. 20. Tri square, Stanley No. 25 pivoting bevel square.  Big Pal fishing multi tool, Great Neck six foot folding rule.

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3772 on: September 20, 2021, 03:13:20 PM
 :like:

Great  vice !

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #3773 on: September 20, 2021, 04:20:02 PM

Wow! Those two Police were a steal!

:o :o

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #3774 on: September 21, 2021, 04:28:47 AM
Wow! Those two Police were a steal!

:o :o

I was wearing a mask.  Actually two masks!  :whistle:

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #3775 on: September 21, 2021, 04:29:23 AM

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #3776 on: September 21, 2021, 11:56:15 AM
I was wearing a mask.  Actually two masks!  :whistle:

One for each Police. You're smart!

:cheers: :tu:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3777 on: September 23, 2021, 03:45:20 PM
Some really great finds Yadda.  Theres a lot of garage sales this weekend in my community.  I'll be working  but my partner is a pro when it comes to seeking out neat things I like.  We'll see if she scores anything.
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #3778 on: September 24, 2021, 01:02:30 AM
Some really great finds Yadda.  Theres a lot of garage sales this weekend in my community.  I'll be working  but my partner is a pro when it comes to seeking out neat things I like.  We'll see if she scores anything.

Thanks!  There are a couple of nearby estate sales with tools starting tomorrow. I don't know if I'll get to go, but look very interesting.  :D

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #3779 on: September 24, 2021, 07:12:37 PM
The kid and I just got back from tag sale hopping throughout the town and I ended up buying a little toolbox full of tools along with zippo imposture being also with butane, for the kid, and at another I bought a antique multi bit screwdriver that has light! I’ll have to take pics
JR

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%