Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SOG EOD PowerLock 2.0 In Stock!

Offline supratentorial

SOG EOD PowerLock 2.0 In Stock!
on: September 28, 2007, 05:34:15 PM
The SOG EOD PowerLock 2.0 (S69) is in stock at some online stores:  http://www.knifecenter.com/kc_new/store_detail.html?s=SOG69

The PowerAssist and PowerCut aren't available yet.

Offline Viper

• No Life Club
Re: SOG EOD PowerLock 2.0 In Stock!
Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 10:05:16 PM
I'm waiting for the Powerassist in November, but I'm in New York right now visiting the Victorinox store. :multi: I'm going back tomorrow morning, and I've already spent about 200 (American) on SAKs alone! So I have some recovering to do before getting the PA.  :ahhh
[

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 02:25:47 PM
So what exactly are the differences between a 2.0 and a regular PowerLock?

• Piano Key blade locks
  • new guards for the handle gears
  • slightly different plier design (?)
  • anything else?
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 02:31:40 PM
It says SOG many more times on the plier hinge? :P

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #4 on: September 29, 2007, 06:50:20 PM
So what exactly are the differences between a 2.0 and a regular PowerLock?

• Piano Key blade locks
  • new guards for the handle gears
  • slightly different plier design (?)
  • anything else?

A C4 punch/metal scriber, I don't think that impliment was on any other SOG.
[

Offline supratentorial

Reply #5 on: September 29, 2007, 08:06:36 PM
I wonder if the cutters on the PowerLock 2.0 are as good as the cutters on the PowerPlay PT-525.

I'm probably going to wait for the non-EOD version since I don't use a C4 punch.

I'm waiting for the Powerassist in November, but I'm in New York right now visiting the Victorinox store. :multi: I'm going back tomorrow morning, and I've already spent about 200 (American) on SAKs alone! So I have some recovering to do before getting the PA.  :ahhh

Nice!  How was your visit to the Victorinox Store?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 08:16:08 PM by supratentorial »

us Offline Chris@SOG

Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 07:52:20 PM
All the above listed info is correct. Changes for the EOD 2.0 are

PianoLocks
Gear Covers
New Plier Head
C4 punch

All other tools will be getting the following upgrades through the remainder of the year

PianoLocks
New Plier head
Gear covers

The Power Assist is still a little ways off, I am going to say that the date is now looking like the beginning of 2008.  Sorry to bring such bad news.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #7 on: October 02, 2007, 02:47:06 AM

The Power Assist is still a little ways off, I am going to say that the date is now looking like the beginning of 2008.  Sorry to bring such bad news.

Better to take the time and get the bugs out, than rush it to market early.

Thanks for the update Chris!
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Offline zackhugh

Reply #8 on: October 02, 2007, 02:58:41 AM
And it's better that we have a realistic release date rather than be expecting something earlier and be champing at the bit!

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #9 on: October 02, 2007, 03:04:29 AM
(I've already champed clean thru my bit)  :(

;)

Offline zackhugh

Reply #10 on: October 02, 2007, 03:14:27 AM
I hear ya, Bob!

I'm pretty excited about these new SOG tools too.  I just might have to get one of these Powerlock 2.0's to tide me over until the Power Assist is available.

Offline Mike D

Reply #11 on: January 16, 2008, 04:52:55 AM
Does anyone have any info on the 2.0? Has anyone bought one yet, or are they even available?

I'm wondering if the piano locks work any better then the original Powerlock, which is really my only complaint with it, well that and the stupid covers :-\
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 04:55:44 AM by Mike D »

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #12 on: January 16, 2008, 01:58:42 PM
It has been released- try contacting Marc at www.EDCDepot.com or Dennis at www.Hand-Tools.com to see if they have them in stock.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline hahn11

• New User
Reply #13 on: February 08, 2008, 07:55:15 AM
i just purchased the powerlock 2.0...is it true that this is what the udt seal teams use? does anyone know if the p38 sheath fits this..the powerassist will be my next buy. its much similar but its good for collection and use of course!

Offline kreskin13

Reply #14 on: February 08, 2008, 06:45:08 PM
i just purchased the powerlock 2.0...is it true that this is what the udt seal teams use? does anyone know if the p38 sheath fits this..the powerassist will be my next buy. its much similar but its good for collection and use of course!

Welcome to the forum hahn11!

I found that the p38 sheath was too small for the Powerlock. I sent it to Leatherman123 and I believe he said he soaked it in water and stretched it out with a broomstick! :o

I could be wrong about that, I've been known to get facts all mixed up. ::)

Calvin
[

Offline Mike D

Reply #15 on: February 09, 2008, 01:16:12 AM

If you dont mind me asking, where did you get it and how much did you pay for it?

Offline hahn11

• New User
Reply #16 on: February 09, 2008, 05:41:50 AM
I bought mine thru a website that ships internationally, see im located in Australia, its the same guy i bought my sog seal knife from so i know his shipping is reliable..his shop is called www.knifetrek.com i bought it for $64 and i paid a high $19 shipping. I was looking for a new multi tool in the sog website and this one caught my eye..its a nice buy. I think this model is more for collecters than anything else unless you plan on working with demolitions. its got a c4 punch a crimp for blasting caps..but its also got features you can use everyday.

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #17 on: February 09, 2008, 05:44:23 AM
I'm 99% sure you can take the C4 punch out and replace it with another more useful tool.
[

Offline Mike D

Reply #18 on: February 09, 2008, 06:19:35 AM
I bought mine thru a website that ships internationally, see im located in Australia, its the same guy i bought my sog seal knife from so i know his shipping is reliable..his shop is called www.knifetrek.com i bought it for $64 and i paid a high $19 shipping. I was looking for a new multi tool in the sog website and this one caught my eye..its a nice buy. I think this model is more for collecters than anything else unless you plan on working with demolitions. its got a c4 punch a crimp for blasting caps..but its also got features you can use everyday.

Thanks for the info. Ive been looking for a 2.0 for less then 75$ for awhile now. A lot of dealers keep telling me they were getting them, but don't have them in stock. What I'm interested in more so then the explosive spike is how the new piano locks work. They have to be better than the ones on the older Powerlocks. Twenty years ago I could have used this tool with its explosive spike for what it is designed for. I used to be part of a team of guys who rigged up TNT for blasting rock out of the ground for road construction, but now I want this tool more as another step in this collector's view of SOG'S best multi tool evolution.

Offline hahn11

• New User
Reply #19 on: February 22, 2008, 01:43:55 AM
The piano locks work very simply as you pull a tool out either the screwdriver, the v cutter, the c4punch ect...if you straighten them all the way out they lock into place.. individually or you can lock more than one.. but if you lock more than one its pointless because you cant use the tools, now on the other side the locks they use a lock that look like piano keys, if you hold the piano keeys down you can release the the tool from the locked position and return it back into its hidden possition then cover it with the built in covers of the powerlock..the piano keeys are located at the other end of the built in covers all the way down at the bottom of the handle..they have a picture diagram at sog.com where the powerlock 2.0s pics are.

Offline Steel

Reply #20 on: February 27, 2008, 02:44:28 AM
Anybody know what kind of Metal the C4 is made From. It would be nice to know before I use it. LOL I have one coming in tommorrow. :multi:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%