Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

New SOG Collector's Club!

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
New SOG Collector's Club!
on: November 22, 2007, 02:18:51 PM
SOG Collector's Club

It's great to see companies showcasing and promoting older, discontinued knives and tools- many companies want to sweep their history under the rug because discontinued tools often mean a failure.  Of course, Thomas Edison said it best when he suggested that it wasn't failure, it was discovering another method that didn't work, which was one step closer to what did.  Charles Darwin said that only by finding out what doesn't work can we find out what does, and I have often said that the tools that didn't work out are just as important to the evolution of the perfect tool as the ones that do work out.

Kudos to Chris@SOG for putting something like this together, and I encourage any member who is interested in SOG to join up!

Def

* CollectorClub.JPG (Filesize: 82.97 KB)
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline cryptrick

Re: New SOG Collector's Club!
Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 04:59:52 PM
Thanks for sharing Def... I've subscribed to it, sounds interesting!  :)
[

us Offline Viking

• J-sews Fan Club-- Member #0001
Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 08:07:07 PM
Me too!

Thanks Def for the info and for Chris for doing something like this.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 08:12:23 PM
No problem- this wouldn't be much of a forum if we didn't share info!   :D

Now if only Chris could give us some more info on his next pass through, that would be fantastic!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline cryptrick

Reply #4 on: November 25, 2007, 06:32:44 PM

Now if only Chris could give us some more info on his next pass through, that would be fantastic!

Def

Yeah I love it when Chris comes round and gives us details about SOG stuff. Shame his last news was that the PowerAssist and Powercut were delayed til 08  >:(  But I don't mind too much, its better than rushing it through.
[

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: November 25, 2007, 06:38:57 PM
He's probably scared to come back after that announcement- he probably figures we have the torches and pitchforks ready! :P

Def

Offline cryptrick

Reply #6 on: November 25, 2007, 06:52:00 PM
He's probably scared to come back after that announcement- he probably figures we have the torches and pitchforks ready! :P

Def

Lol probably! He don't pop in that often does he. Shame really, nice to have an insider that can give us some gossip on whats going on :D

Shame we can't test his SOG prototype products for him  :D  now that would be cool!
[

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #7 on: November 25, 2007, 07:59:49 PM
He stops in when he can- like most marketing reps he works long hours and still has trouble getting everything done.  We appreciate him dropping by whenever he can.

Def

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #8 on: November 25, 2007, 08:13:56 PM

Def

Yeah I love it when Chris comes round and gives us details about SOG stuff. Shame his last news was that the PowerAssist and Powercut were delayed til 08  >:(  But I don't mind too much, its better than rushing it through.

I'm looking forward to the powerassist as well. :drool:

Looks really impressive from what I have seen so far.
I'm back!!

us Offline Chris@SOG

Reply #9 on: November 26, 2007, 05:43:10 PM
Well here I am again. 

The reason I do not check in here too often is because I have so much other stuff to do that I don't necessarily have the time to be here regularly.  I wish I could spend more time here but I do check often and where there is something that needs my special knowledge I'll fill in the gaps but mostly I just look around. 

As for the collectors club.  It is going to be great.  We are going to start cataloging all of our out of date models as well as start selling some limited editions not available anywhere else.  So by signing up you can be the first to know about these special offers and hopefully get some great deals.  Give us some time but we hope to have the site up and running around the first part of 2008.

Chris

Offline cryptrick

Reply #10 on: November 26, 2007, 08:07:21 PM
Well here I am again. 

The reason I do not check in here too often is because I have so much other stuff to do that I don't necessarily have the time to be here regularly.  I wish I could spend more time here but I do check often and where there is something that needs my special knowledge I'll fill in the gaps but mostly I just look around. 

As for the collectors club.  It is going to be great.  We are going to start cataloging all of our out of date models as well as start selling some limited editions not available anywhere else.  So by signing up you can be the first to know about these special offers and hopefully get some great deals.  Give us some time but we hope to have the site up and running around the first part of 2008.

Chris

Great stuff Chris, thanks for popping by. We understand you're busy, you do a great job though helping us out on SOG stuff, keep up the good work. The collectors club sounds like it will be top notch  :D
[

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #11 on: November 26, 2007, 08:31:12 PM
I too am looking forward to the collectors club, like I said in a previous thread...got me SOG crazy  :ahhh

David

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #12 on: November 26, 2007, 10:58:31 PM
Good to see you made it Chris!   :D

I think I speak for all of us when I say we will be waiting for any news you can give us, when you can give it to us!

Def

Offline supratentorial

Reply #13 on: December 18, 2007, 06:34:44 AM
Cool!   :ahhh

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20