Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

sog leather sheaths

gav · 3 · 1839

Offline gav

sog leather sheaths
on: September 14, 2012, 12:48:04 AM
sorry i cant put up pics on this one,my laptop has pretty much had it,but i got 3 new large leather sheaths for my powerlock,spares y'know,and all 3 have black plastic button fastners.

are they better than the usual steel ones?maybe they are.no rust and all.

has anyone used one for a while and can confirm that they are just as good or worse?

it would seem to me that the plastic would wear out pretty fast and said sheath would just be flapping open all the time.maybe i'm wrong and plastic fastners are the way to go.

anyone help me on this one?
                                             cheers.gav :cheers:

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: sog leather sheaths
Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 01:30:04 PM
I haven't seen a plastic fastener yet so I really can't comment.  I think you may be the first one to have encountered one so please let everyone else know what your experiences are.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline gav

Re: sog leather sheaths
Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 07:35:28 PM
will do.again,sorry for no pics on this post.i've had the new sog leather sheaths for a few weeks now and been wearing one everyday with a powerlock.
the plastic button lock compared to the traditional metal ones on the the sog sheaths gets a big thumbs up so far from me.the plastic version is very solid and secure and shows no sign of any kind of wear any time soon.
you know with some sog sheaths,not all,that the metal button snap can just open by itself sometimes by just getting in or out of a car or getting caught on your jacket.
well,not so with the plastic version,they're very secure indeed,wont rust and look good.

me likey,
                                       gav.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21