Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The new Vic lockback - review, critique and teardown (Pic heavy)

Syph007 · 98 · 36467

us Offline Marius

• No Life Club
Ok, but, again, what about the pouches? Are all North American customers given the wrong pouch (shorter flap, the pouch that works for the smaller 111 mm knives) with no packaging? Why in Switzerland the knife is sold with a better pouch, appropriate for this knife, box and papers and here not?  ???

us Offline Marius

• No Life Club
Or maybe there is more to it and the knives sold in Europe do not have the blade play and rest of assembly defects that we saw here for the NA ones?

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • SAK Surgeon
Or maybe there is more to it and the knives sold in Europe do not have the blade play and rest of assembly defects that we saw here for the NA ones?

Hmm ya that would be nice info to have.  I didnt even realize about the shorter flap case, but you're totally correct.
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

ch Offline victor7000

• No Life Club

OK. So I bought mine directly in Ibach in the factory shop. As you can see from my photos in the other thread, http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,21658.msg731573.html#msg731573
mine came in a standard silver box with the information paper and with a larger pouch. The salesgirl told me the pouch is the same as for the soldier but just a bit larger. That's what you can see on the photos.

My knife has no bladeplay. I recognized the rounded edges on the tang and spine, which syph007 already mentioned in his review. But overall it seams to me to be a good worker. Not comparable with other competitors like Spyderco etc. but ok. The wow effect was only because of it's size, because I'm used with 93 and 111mm  ;)

Next week I should get another piece I ordered from an online shop here in Switzerland. It will not have a pouch at all, because I didn't order it to save some money. I'll check this knife too and let you know my findings.

I'm sure Victorinox will improve that knife in the near future, but I'm a bit sad they didn't send us a few pieces for testing before they sold it to the world, they would have saved a lot of bad publicity   :facepalm: :D

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
I looked around but havent found much other feedback or reviews on the knife. I expected something on youtube by now, but I havent found anything.   :think:
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

gr Offline firiki

• Cats have pocket knives of their own
Honestly, I'm biased. I don't really like that knife for a number of reasons but I feel I should give it a chance to show itself after all :think:
Omnia vincit amor. Vae victis.

us Offline Marius

• No Life Club
Re: The new Vic lockback - review, critique and teardown (Pic heavy)
Reply #96 on: November 12, 2013, 03:30:19 PM
I gotta give Victorinox a little bit of a plug on this.  I was contacted by one of their director's via email and he assured me that they are going to address all the issues I raised in the review, and thanked me for the feedback.  So, they are listening, and Im happy to do a follow up review if they make a better product that is more deserving of the Victorinox brand.   :salute:

Bump.

So I wonder, did any of this happen? Are the later production knives better? Is this model still in production today?

hr Offline splico

• Explorer
Re: The new Vic lockback - review, critique and teardown (Pic heavy)
Reply #97 on: January 20, 2014, 08:49:12 PM
Thanks for the good info. It is just too tactical for me to think about carrying even before the quality issue.

Everyone seems excited about it on FB: https://www.facebook.com/VictorinoxAG?hc_location=stream

Maybe one should link them to this thread. >:D

:facepalm: fb people...

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21