Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Greetings from Norway

no Offline Medic82

• No Life Club
  • You will not laugh! You will not cry!
Greetings from Norway
on: May 20, 2008, 02:06:26 AM
 Hello everybody. :salute:

My name is Kenneth and I'm 26 from Norway and live in Oslo witch is the capitol. I work as a securitygard for a company called Securitas. I'm a boy scout by hart, been a member of YMCA since I was 8, not in it because it's a Christian organization, I'm not religious. My nick came too life when I was in the army as a medic, me and a bunch of other soldiers were watching Starship Troopers, and they yell MEDIC! allot in the movie. I'm also a medic in a organization that has concentrated providing Fire and EMT services within motor sports here in Norway and we are the only team in the country.

I own a SOG paratool that I bought 10 years ago, tried LM and Gerber, but SOG is the MT I use. Came across MTO when I was trying too find a cheap store in USA to buy a Gerber Suspension. Well, I pretty much changed my mind when I read a few post and decided that SOG is worthy of my loyalty and now waiting for my S60.

Medic.
There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Greetings from Norway
Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 02:18:40 AM
Good to have you here!

I used to manage an office of Burns security, which was eventually bought out by Securitas.  Until Securitas came along, Burns was the largest security company in the world.  I still work security these days, mostly at a local bar, but I also take contracts that come up and interest me.

I hope you made sure to check our banner advertisers!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ph Offline edap617

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 02:20:44 AM
Hi there Medic82! Glad to have a member from Norway.

no Offline Medic82

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 02:41:21 AM
Good to have you here!

I used to manage an office of Burns security, which was eventually bought out by Securitas.  Until Securitas came along, Burns was the largest security company in the world.  I still work security these days, mostly at a local bar, but I also take contracts that come up and interest me.

I hope you made sure to check our banner advertisers!

Def

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

It's needles to say how Securitas became the world largest security company when you buy the world largest security company.

And yeas, I have checked out the banner advertisers, just realized I could have saved 6 bucks on the S60. I now know where to buy my stuff in the future, as long as they ship to Norway.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 02:46:48 AM
That is one of the great things about this forum- I own it, and I`m a dirty foreigner too!  I only accept advertisers who are willing to ship internationally, so you can order with confidence!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

no Offline Medic82

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 03:07:16 AM
That is one of the great things about this forum- I own it, and I`m a dirty foreigner too!  I only accept advertisers who are willing to ship internationally, so you can order with confidence!

Def

I just love the internet. But to you know if they are willing to post a little green sticker to the pack and say that it's a gift??
I'm not willing to pay 25% tax of a product that I already have paid tax on, ok it's another country I paid it too, butt still the same. The government takes 36% of my paycheck, there is 25% tax on the food here, ca 70% tax on tobacco and alcohol, take the price of a car in the US or UK and double it and you have the Norwegian price, 2 dollars and 66 cent for a liter of gasoline or 10 dollars and 64 cent for a gallon. The list goes on and on.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008, 03:12:53 AM
That is something that would be between you and the dealer in question, and I can`t speak for them.

A short list to check them out is:

Tim Meeker
www.felinevet.sosakonline.com

Marc Kochan
www.edcdepot.com

Dennis Thompson
www.hand-tools.com
www.gerber-tools.com

Robert Bailey
www.eleatherman.com

Good luck- these are all good guys who usually go out of their way to help out members.

Def

no Offline Medic82

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 03:19:37 AM
That is something that would be between you and the dealer in question, and I can`t speak for them.

A short list to check them out is:

Tim Meeker
www.felinevet.sosakonline.com

Marc Kochan
www.edcdepot.com

Dennis Thompson
www.hand-tools.com
www.gerber-tools.com

Robert Bailey
www.eleatherman.com

Good luck- these are all good guys who usually go out of their way to help out members.

Def

Thank you, I love this forum.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #8 on: May 20, 2008, 04:28:33 AM
Don't worry- soon you'll have a house full of tools and be cursing the day you found us, just like everyone else here! :D

Def

no Offline Medic82

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: May 20, 2008, 04:37:10 AM
Starting to notice that.........Have already a little list made up of MT I want, and this my 2nd day as a member. This is the start of something great and expensive

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #10 on: May 20, 2008, 04:47:01 AM
When I started this site, I had about 25 tools and figured I had it all figured out.  Two years later I have many more tools, and a greater understanding of how much I didn't know before!  Oh yeah, and a MUCH longer list of "must have" tools too!

Def

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #11 on: May 20, 2008, 10:20:11 AM
Starting to notice that.........Have already a little list made up of MT I want, and this my 2nd day as a member. This is the start of something great and expensive
Yep, kiss goodbye to your wallet mate :D
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

no Offline Medic82

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: May 20, 2008, 12:49:03 PM
Yep, kiss goodbye to your wallet mate :D

I could really kiss goodbye to my wallet if I was going to bye the MT here in Norway. Butt thank God for the internet, wonder what my girl will say when there starts to come more and more MT I the mail????

us Offline WhichDawg

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #13 on: May 20, 2008, 01:36:28 PM
Welcome Medic82! glad to have you in our "gang!"  :cheers:

A very nice group of people here, easy going, fun and knowledgeable, don't let the boss (Defender) fool you, he knows more about multitools than many, in the shear fact that he's touched and handled more than I know about! :ahhh
I trust him 9 out of 10 times (the 1 guy probably has a nice looking sister!)

I'm rather surprised you don't carry and use Victorinox/Swisstools! I luv my Sog, I live in Oregon now but
nothing is more trusted and appreciated more than my Swisstools ;)

Offline Leatherman123

Reply #14 on: May 20, 2008, 08:12:48 PM
Welcome to the forum Medic82! Maybe you should try a new brand. SOG makes great multitools but their designs are pretty outdated. By this I mean how their tools have handle covers! This annoys me greatly because it makes getting the tools out so much more difficult. If SOG didn't have to make a MT with assisted opening knives maybe they could have made PowerLock with outside opening blades! Don't get me wrong, I love all of my SOG tools but I would rather carry a LM or a SwissTool any day of the week.
B

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
  • "Survival must be earned"-Klingon Proverb
Reply #15 on: May 21, 2008, 12:36:37 AM
Welcome aboard!!!

:multi: :multi: Multitool.org: WORLD TOUR!!!!!! :multi: :multi:
"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall;
 Some run from breaks of ice, and answer none:
 And some condemned for a fault alone." -William Shakespeare, King Lear (1608), Act IV, scene 6, line 169

no Offline Medic82

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: May 21, 2008, 02:58:37 AM
Welcome to the forum Medic82! Maybe you should try a new brand. SOG makes great multitools but their designs are pretty outdated. By this I mean how their tools have handle covers! This annoys me greatly because it makes getting the tools out so much more difficult. If SOG didn't have to make a MT with assisted opening knives maybe they could have made PowerLock with outside opening blades! Don't get me wrong, I love all of my SOG tools but I would rather carry a LM or a SwissTool any day of the week.

no Offline Medic82

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: May 21, 2008, 02:59:02 AM
To be honest, I did not know about SwissTool and many of the other brands, except LM SOG and Gerber, before I joined this forum, I can reassure you all that my list of MT is growing bye the day as I'm reading thru the different post in the forum.

Don't get me wrong LM123, I don't have anything against LM or other MT out there, have tried allot of LM and some few Gerber's. Butt I like SOG weary much, my brain just wired that way. Just let me get the S60 and I will give it a shakedown first, then I will buy another brand.

us Offline WhichDawg

Reply #18 on: May 21, 2008, 03:24:49 AM
lol we get you Medic!

but being so close to Switzerland it's like me living near Tijuana
and still being a virg....ahhh not ever having tequila! :D

no Offline Medic82

• No Life Club
Reply #19 on: May 21, 2008, 03:44:49 AM
LOL. You se, LM practically own the MT marked here in Norway, and it's not that weary big. We are little over 4 million living in this country. I've never seen a swisstool before, only SAK. :tool:

us Offline WhichDawg

Reply #20 on: May 21, 2008, 04:11:51 AM
ohhh! that makes sense. I understand now Medic.  :-\

"if you flood them, they will drown in your products!"

no Offline Medic82

• No Life Club
Reply #21 on: May 21, 2008, 12:15:18 PM
Exactly. A very good friend of mine started a company with his father called Viking International. They were the people that introduced the Maglight and LM in Norway and did it good. Until some of the employees stole the customer list and started their own company. They flooded the marked and dumped the prices. To find a store here in Norway that actually sells a MT that is not from LM is very rare.

We Norwegians are very skeptical to new brands. Just ask a random guy in Norway if he wants a LM or a Swisstool, and 9 out of 10 times he will say LM, except me, I want a SOG

us Offline Smitty44

• No Life Club
Reply #22 on: May 28, 2008, 09:55:17 PM
Welcome Kenneth,and hope you get your SOG pretty soon,and let us know how you like it.

Smitty

Offline Tarrodemierda

• No Life Club
  • Smells like tar and smoke.
Reply #23 on: June 16, 2008, 05:16:43 PM
another noobie shakes virtually your hand from Finland.

i bet u have one multitool with Thors hammer ;)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%