Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Things That Irritate Me!

Wilfried · 222 · 10262

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Re: Things That Irritate Me!
Reply #30 on: January 31, 2014, 09:10:11 PM
Good ones Derek :tu:  Now that you mention going to the movies...I hate it when a large/tall person sits in front of me...because I'm short >:(  So I guess it's not really their fault, but they could be mindful of their surroundings just in case :P 

I also hate when I'm driving along and someone feels the urgent need to pull out in front of me, only to casually drive at along as if they really have nowhere to urgently go :rant:
So with me being 6'4", you're saying you wouldn't want me in front of you?  :twak: :rofl:

Oh yes, I usually get behind one of those every morning.  Floor it so they can get out in front of me (usually NO ONE behind me), and then drive 10 below the limit.  :rant: :rant: :rant:

Oh wow, yeah, I'd have to cuff ya in the back of the head if you sat in front of me :twak:  I'm about 5'7", so you would tower over me :P  Oh yes, it bugs me even more when they pull out in front of me and like you said, there's no line of traffic behind me.  As if they're trying to avoid getting stuck in a line... :rant:
K-Tibbs

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #31 on: January 31, 2014, 09:17:49 PM
Wow there are just too many things that annoy me daily... what to pick...

You know what I find annoying.  I watch alot of the discovery channel shows. I HATE that they preview what will happen after the commercial, and then recap what just happened before the commercial.  Minor I know, but its irritating especially if you skip the commercials.  Its like they assume people are too dumb to retain 15 minutes of something that happened in short term memory?

People that use catch phrases without thinking about what they mean.  Like.. "there are no dumb questions".  OMG have you heard the dumb questions dumb people ask?

Oh yes, this one bugs me too.  I don't watch much reality tv type shows, but any I do watch do this constantly.  Just like you said, right before commercial, they preview what's about to happen.  Then after commercial, they practically replay the previous two minutes or so and then finally get to what should have been shown right after commercial.  There's probably a total of 10-15 mins of actual material in a 30 min show nowadays ::)
K-Tibbs

be Offline Wilfried

Reply #32 on: January 31, 2014, 11:19:59 PM
What really has been firing me up for the last 15 years or so - and still makes me feel like a volcano that could explode anytime soon - is the really outrageous manner in which cyclists and all sorts of pedallers are behaving.    :rant:

Most - yes! most! - of these people seem to think about themselves as being above the law!   

They not only behave themselves as morons on the road but pose a constant danger to others, pedestrians and motorists alike.    :skull:

They disregard traffic lights, make phone calls while driving, feel themselves entitled to drive wherever they feel like it, suddenly sneak up behind you on the sidewalk and so on and so forth.

They do not even feel themselves obliged to use the bicycle bell to warn people.

Those idiots just drive me crazy!    :bnghd:

This is one of the many examples of  the anarchy we find ourselves in today.    :rant:

Needless to say that there are indeed decent cyclists around. They deserve our respect.    :)

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #33 on: January 31, 2014, 11:51:03 PM
I hate politicians of any kind, wing, party and color.

au Offline PTRSAK

• No Life Club
  • I'm an Adult?!?! When did that happen?
Reply #34 on: February 01, 2014, 02:32:55 AM

au Offline PTRSAK

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: February 01, 2014, 02:36:53 AM
I HATE the people who sit on your back bumper on the open road at the speed limit, then make some asshat overtaking move to get in front of you and THEN slow down to 5km/h BELOW the speed you were doing before they HAD to be in front because you were obviously holding them up..

us Offline nate j

• No Life Club
Reply #36 on: February 01, 2014, 03:47:15 AM
I HATE the people who sit on your back bumper on the open road at the speed limit, then make some asshat overtaking move to get in front of you and THEN slow down to 5km/h BELOW the speed you were doing before they HAD to be in front because you were obviously holding them up..

+1.

People that use catch phrases without thinking about what they mean.  Like.. "there are no dumb questions".  OMG have you heard the dumb questions dumb people ask?

There are no stupid questions; only stupid people (or inquisitive idiots, if you prefer).   :D

ca Offline jzmtl

Reply #37 on: February 01, 2014, 08:55:45 AM
Idiots who drive 20 below, insisting on jam in front of you as if his life depends on it, then continue to drive 20 below, straddling two lanes, or passing someone else at 0.5 over.

Stupidification of softwares. So many of wonderful powerful software gets neutered in the name of bubbly and cute, and developers go out of their way to hide/remove the more advanced features.

Happened to google map a while ago, now the browser that I've been using for 15 years just fell. Opera just went from a powerful feature laden giant to a sad chrome clone.

00 Offline gorbag

• Tapatalk User
Reply #38 on: February 01, 2014, 09:21:15 AM
Smelly heads that order off menu drive me to thoughts of murder.  When you go into a restaurant, the menu is there for a purpose.  These are the dishes that the people have in back all ready to go, with the ingredients just waiting to be burned so they can be jammed into your cakehole.  When some $@#÷÷#@#/×÷%/#! person then proceeds to just make their own stuff up, forcing me to run around looking for ingredients, improvising whatever sauce that may be needed, jamming it all together on a plate in a visually pleasing manner, and slowing me down on my other orders, this displeases me.  My workload increases, usually whoever doing this stupid order is really frakking picky, and then whatever tip is generated through my brilliant improvisation lands directly in the pocket of the server.

ARGH!  Minor alterations to accommodate your dislike of pickles or cheese preferences are one thing, but thinking that because a particular food exists, I should be able to whip it out from my nether regions with little to no delay is something quite different.

The world belongs to the funkiest.

The world belongs to the funkiest.

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #39 on: February 01, 2014, 11:18:34 AM
Wow there are just too many things that annoy me daily... what to pick...

You know what I find annoying.  I watch alot of the discovery channel shows. I HATE that they preview what will happen after the commercial, and then recap what just happened before the commercial.  Minor I know, but its irritating especially if you skip the commercials.  Its like they assume people are too dumb to retain 15 minutes of something that happened in short term memory?

Oh yes, this one bugs me too.  I don't watch much reality tv type shows, but any I do watch do this constantly.  Just like you said, right before commercial, they preview what's about to happen.  Then after commercial, they practically replay the previous two minutes or so and then finally get to what should have been shown right after commercial.  There's probably a total of 10-15 mins of actual material in a 30 min show nowadays ::)

You should see how it is in Spain. Those same shows, dubbed, and the commercial breaks are random, not like TV in North America where you get many short (3-4min) breaks here the breaks are 15min, and typically cut off said show mid sentence, not the regular break points. If that wasn't bad enough, you get the after the break & before the break recoups/teasers immediately. Also the breaks sometimes feature the same commercials multiple times, and sometimes the ad breaks feature all the same commercials in the same order.  :facepalm:

And they wonder why people take to downloading and ondemand TV services...

I'm a relatively new driver. I tend to respect the speed limit as much as possible (rarely 5km over the limits). I hate when people ride my back bumper, and I do not do it to others. If someone rides my back bumper they will find that I will brake frequently and gradually keep going slower until they overtake me. (this happened to me a few weeks ago on a multilane highway where not only was the guy riding my bumper with no other traffic around but his headlights were also blinding me... I made sure to flash my highbeams at him once he finally passed me.) Of course I only do this in a place where I can be overtaken. A lot of the main roads here in town are 2 lanes, so there's no reason to ride my bumper unless you're turning at the next intersection... in which case it's a short term issue.

The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

be Offline Wilfried

Reply #40 on: February 01, 2014, 11:27:12 AM
Some people living peacefully together...   

:D

de Offline Sweety-Sama

• No Life Club
  • First and Only
Reply #41 on: February 01, 2014, 01:39:06 PM
I hate having a Netherlands  car before me on the road! I always fear they will do something crazy and I'll crash into them :-/
No offense meant to any Netherlands citizens!! ^_^

And I hated history class at school! 5 out of 6 years we hat WW2, Nazi, Holocaust, WW2, Nazi, a bit after WW2, Nazi.... It was really bad what happened back then, but it's over now! And EVERYDAY there is some show at TV hosting WW2, Nazi and holocaust (do I even write it correct???)! This doesn't help in getting it rehabilitated! On the contrary! I always change the channel because it's too much! It's like everyone want to tell us younger ones, that it's our fault! We even discussed this in German class and religion class (that's why I changed to philosophy at the first opportunity!)!

-----------------------------

I didn't start the fire...

be Offline Wilfried

Reply #42 on: February 01, 2014, 01:58:27 PM
What also enrages me are people -in most cases they turn out to be young women- who seem to be perpetually hypnotized by their fancy smartphones, as they are almost always talking and texting on their expensive toys.        :wc:

No matter under what circumstances you encounter them -on the street, at the counter in the supermarket, at the doctor’s office    :o    or in a pub- they are more often than not mesmerized by that magical little talking device. They carry it around in such a manner as if their life would be at stake if they would not have immediate access to it.

They even use it while cycling or driving a car, which has of course already led to many an accident by which other people’s lives have been destroyed.

What the hell are they talking about all the time?

What kind of important messages do they receive which must instantly be answered?       :rant:

Their behaviour is intolerable!        :viking:   

To be fair: there are also a lot of males involved in this kind of misconduct...

de Offline Sweety-Sama

• No Life Club
  • First and Only
Reply #43 on: February 01, 2014, 02:05:21 PM

What also enrages me are people -in most cases they turn out to be young women- who seem to be perpetually hypnotized by their fancy smartphones, as they are almost always talking and texting on their expensive toys.        :wc:

No matter under what circumstances you encounter them -on the street, at the counter in the supermarket, at the doctor’s office    :o    or in a pub- they are more often than not mesmerized by that magical little talking device. They carry it around in such a manner as if their life would be at stake if they would not have immediate access to it.

They even use it while cycling or driving a car, which has of course already led to many an accident by which other people’s lives have been destroyed.

What the hell are they talking about all the time?

What kind of important messages do they receive which must instantly be answered?       :rant:

Their behaviour is intolerable!        :viking:   

To be fair: there are also a lot of males involved in this kind of misconduct...

Young woman: check
Smartphone: check
The rest: nope
At home I use my phone a lot, but not while driving or going through the street (exception: getting lost and using the map - that happens to me easily...).
A lot of kids around here put on loud music WITHOUT using their headphones! I don't want to listen to wanna-be-rappers!

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #44 on: February 01, 2014, 02:15:11 PM
What really has been firing me up for the last 15 years or so - and still makes me feel like a volcano that could explode anytime soon - is the really outrageous manner in which cyclists and all sorts of pedallers are behaving.    :rant:

Most - yes! most! - of these people seem to think about themselves as being above the law!   

They not only behave themselves as morons on the road but pose a constant danger to others, pedestrians and motorists alike.    :skull:

They disregard traffic lights, make phone calls while driving, feel themselves entitled to drive wherever they feel like it, suddenly sneak up behind you on the sidewalk and so on and so forth.

They do not even feel themselves obliged to use the bicycle bell to warn people.

This is one of the many examples of  the anarchy we find ourselves in today.    :rant:

Needless to say that there are indeed decent cyclists around. They deserve our respect.    :)

Oh this!  Our farm is in some of Maryland's most popular cycling country for the local clubs.  It drives us CRAZY :ahhh :rant: when they ride 3 and 4 across on a weekend club ride and refuse to move over, causing traffic to back up while the "Tour de France" rides through.

I would love to pull out in front of them with the manure spreader hooked up to the tractor. >:D

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #45 on: February 01, 2014, 02:33:46 PM

Oh this!  Our farm is in some of Maryland's most popular cycling country for the local clubs.  It drives us CRAZY :ahhh :rant: when they ride 3 and 4 across on a weekend club ride and refuse to move over, causing traffic to back up while the "Tour de France" rides through.

I would love to pull out in front of them with the manure spreader hooked up to the tractor. >:D
LMAO! im glad i not the only one who thinks about doing this.
Nate

SEND IT!

fi Offline Crow

• No Life Club
  • Look at all those shiny sharp things.
Reply #46 on: February 01, 2014, 02:39:15 PM
I do some work with motorhomes and caravans. Summer is always my busiest season. Almost everyday i have same kind of customer. For example i am fixing customers caravan, customer waiting next to me. Another customer comes in, and starts to tell me his problem with his caravan. I tell him what problem is and we need to reserve time for him, because we are all booked up for next 4 weeks. But this customer says that he is here now, and wants his problem to be taken care right now. I tell him, that i have another customer whos caravan i am working on right now. Usually it takes from 15 to 30 minutes to explaining these "i am no hurry, but i want it right now" guys, why i cant do multiple customers at same time. Or why i dont keep parts to all manufacturers caravans and motorhomes.
Why did you not check, that your caravan works before you took it in use?

gb Offline tosh

• No Life Club
Reply #47 on: February 01, 2014, 03:05:38 PM

LMAO! im glad i not the only one who thinks about doing this.

Nah,  your best bet is simply run them over!! Then tell the plod you had a sneezing fit and didn't expect cyclists would ride in front of you!!

Years ago when I used to drive 7.5 tonne box vans, I found cyclists to be a real PITA. So, I simply used to scare the smurf out of em'  ;)
I don't claim to know it all, but what I do know is right.

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #48 on: February 01, 2014, 03:24:00 PM

Please video this when you do it! :D
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

be Offline Wilfried

Reply #49 on: February 01, 2014, 06:07:45 PM
I do some work with motorhomes and caravans. Summer is always my busiest season. Almost everyday i have same kind of customer. For example i am fixing customers caravan, customer waiting next to me. Another customer comes in, and starts to tell me his problem with his caravan. I tell him what problem is and we need to reserve time for him, because we are all booked up for next 4 weeks. But this customer says that he is here now, and wants his problem to be taken care right now. I tell him, that i have another customer whos caravan i am working on right now. Usually it takes from 15 to 30 minutes to explaining these "i am no hurry, but i want it right now" guys, why i cant do multiple customers at same time. Or why i dont keep parts to all manufacturers caravans and motorhomes.

Hi Crow! Long time no see...    :D

Yes. People nowadays want instant gratification, don't they?

The moment something pops up in their mind, they want it fixed NOW with a complete disregard of other costumers. They feel themselves to be the Centre of the Universe and all and everything is subordinate to their desires...

To hell with them!

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #50 on: February 01, 2014, 06:37:58 PM
I hate Mondays.

de Offline Sweety-Sama

• No Life Club
  • First and Only
Reply #51 on: February 01, 2014, 06:42:46 PM
Co workers that don't appreciate my work, thinking its a piece of cake and think they are better because they went to a university.

fi Offline Crow

• No Life Club
  • Look at all those shiny sharp things.
Reply #52 on: February 01, 2014, 07:57:12 PM

Hi Crow! Long time no see...    :D

Yes. People nowadays want instant gratification, don't they?

The moment something pops up in their mind, they want it fixed NOW with a complete disregard of other costumers. They feel themselves to be the Centre of the Universe and all and everything is subordinate to their desires...

To hell with them!
Well Wilfried, i have been looking out your back... And your posts... I like to be more on behind, and read and follow people and their opinions. When i have something to say, i say it. It is more of a Finnish way of doing things.
I do things my way with my job. Some like my output and effort, (Not my boss, but my clients do) that is why most customers come to me first rather than to my coworkers or my boss.

be Offline Wilfried

Reply #53 on: February 01, 2014, 11:45:41 PM
This is a foolow up of my previous entry #42

So that’s what we’ve come to: instead of making good use of a phantastic invention like the cell phone, all too many of us became addicted to it or otherwise said have become slaves of their precious toy.

There’s even a name for this addiction: nomophobia.

I would however argue that the word nomophobia (fear of the law) is not particularly well chosen. What we are dealing with here is an anxiety disorder.

According to a Wikipedia article:

Nomophobia is the fear of being out of mobile phone contact.

Just imagine: no text messages, no emails, no calls, no Facebook for the duration of let’s say 15 minutes. This cannot be true... What has the world come to! That’s against Human Rights!     :o

The term, an abbreviation for "no-mobile-phone phobia",

Yeah, right...

These researchers have probably been struggling for weeks to come up with this one.      :think:

was coined during a study by the UK Post Office who commissioned YouGov, a UK-based research organization to look at anxieties suffered by mobile phone users. The study found that nearly 53% of mobile phone users in Britain tend to be anxious when they "lose their mobile phone, run out of battery or credit, or have no network coverage".

As far as I’m concerned, many users should better lose their phones forever...       :rant:

That would be better for their sanity and for our health and safety as well.   

Fifty-five percent of those surveyed cited keeping in touch with friends or family as the main reason that they got anxious when they could not use their mobile phones.

What the hell is wrong with visiting friends and family, provided that it is possible? Too old fashioned perhaps?       :o

More than one in two nomophobes never switch off their mobile phones.

My guess would be that the world comes to an end if they ever dare to switch off that tiny talking box.

:D

us Offline metasyntax

Reply #54 on: February 02, 2014, 02:11:41 AM
What irritates me is when somebody sells me a BO Spirit S but sends me a BO Spirit X.
May it be as the Pattern has chosen.

be Offline Wilfried

Reply #55 on: February 02, 2014, 10:25:25 AM
Did you ever notice the bizarre manner of speech adopted by many young women and girls over the last years?

It actually is a speech pattern that has evolved from what used to be called valley girl speech in the 1980′s. That pattern mostly consisted of uptalk where the voice rises at the end of a sentence, making a statement into a sort of question.

That really drives me crazy...       >:(

This phenomenon has evolved to consist of several components, but the most annoying is the vocal fry where the pitch drops and growls, mostly at the end of sentences.  The other variations include the use of like punctuating every few words, but unfortunately guys do that too.

It’s excruciating!

I  wonder whether these young women are going to talk like this for the rest of their lives and do they actually go on a job interview speaking like that?

:rant:

What they need is a speech coach!

On my irritation scale from 1 to 10 this one definitely has a 10.

gb Offline Cupboard

• No Life Club
Reply #56 on: February 02, 2014, 01:47:15 PM
I'm not a great, like, fan of, like, like.

But I did go through a stage where I used it rather a lot, about 16 I suppose. My dad picked me up on it.

Something that irritates me is Leatherman use those knurled pivot bolts on their MTs. The Wave and some Charges can use Torx heads, why not everything else?

nl Offline bmot

• No Life Club
  • Don't judge a tool by it's brand
Reply #57 on: February 02, 2014, 09:21:38 PM
Hmmm... Things that irritate me...

Lots of things while driving:

People who drive 80 on a 120 max speed road, swaying over the road because they're on their phone

People who drive in the left lane 30 km's under the speed limit

People who don't look before coming into my lane, making me having to break really quite hard

etc etc etc

Also....

I hate having a Netherlands  car before me on the road! I always fear they will do something crazy and I'll crash into them :-/
:twak: :twak: :twak: :whistle:

Oh, and it would be a "Dutch" car ;)

And, another... I get very irritated by those new smileys  >:(
A knife-carrying guide for the international traveller. : http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,47532.0.html

de Offline Sweety-Sama

• No Life Club
  • First and Only
Reply #58 on: February 02, 2014, 09:23:15 PM

Hmmm... Things that irritate me...

Lots of things while driving:

People who drive 80 on a 120 max speed road, swaying over the road because they're on their phone

People who drive in the left lane 30 km's under the speed limit

People who don't look before coming into my lane, making me having to break really quite hard

etc etc etc

Also....

:twak: :twak: :twak: :whistle:

Oh, and it would be a "Dutch" car ;)

And, another... I get very irritated by those new smileys  >:(

Then Dutch! :P

au Offline PTRSAK

• No Life Club
Reply #59 on: February 03, 2014, 12:40:48 PM
Okay, this has just irritated me to the point of senseless violence against inanimate objects...

You buy a brand-name external USB3 hard disc to backup your computer on, you use it ONCE to make said backup and then put it away safely and don't even look at it for about a year.
Then one of the drives in your computer starts making a lot of head thrashing noise, not failed, but could be on the way out or perhaps a format might freshen it up.
SO you pull out the backup drive which has been unneeded this past year planning to do a file compare backup to catch all the new stuff and then reformat the dicky drive.

AND THE SMURFING SMURFHOLE MOTHERSMURFER OF A SMURFSMURF BACKUP DRIVE JUST GOES BZZZZZ-CLICK-CLICK-BZZZZZCLICK-BEEP-BZZZZ WHEN YOU PLUG IT IN.

It won't even show up in Explorer.
Are you KIDDING me Seagate? once upon a time you made uber-reliable gear. Now you just turn out CRAP.

I got so pissed with the damn thing I repeatedly threw it as hard as I could onto the concrete floor. now its case is shattered and the actual drive is a funny shape and makes a noise when you shake it like it's full of sand... pulverised glass platters methinks.

Pointless, asinine, and scared the cat... but it made me feel a little bit better.

I HATE "technology" that fails to deliver.  Plug-and-play that doesn't, re-writable discs that don't, intuitive interfaces that aren't...  Take Bluetooth for example... "It just works"  BULLsmurf IT DOES.  I spend endless hours trying to get my phone, tablet, MAC and PC to talk to each other with bluetooth. It's far faster and less agrivating to use a USB stick or SD/MicroSD card. The new version of sneaker-net where you just copied files onto a floppy rather than subject yourself to the hassle of trying to get old ethernet to work.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%