Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Goals in mind

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Goals in mind
on: May 29, 2008, 01:54:46 AM
I have not been online a lot lately and I want to say that I have not forgotten all of my friends here. :)  I have been working to achieve a tough goal for some time now.  As some of yall may know I like golf.  In the past few years I got away from playing all the time and I sort of lost my form.  I have been trying to get it back so that I can win my club championship later this year.  So if anyone is wondering where I have been my answer is on the golf course.  So far I am coming along nicely, I shot under par for the first time in a long time just yesterday and I still feel that things can get a lot better. 

Anyway, I was wondering about goals.  Do you work tirelessly to achieve them or do you just expect them to come to you?  Personally, I get an idea in my head and I dont stop until I get it done.  I guess that it may be unhealthy but I gues I can handle it, I have never really let myself down yet.   

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Goals in mind
Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 02:00:24 AM
Good luck with the golfing- it's one of those great sports that has no age limit, so it's a great thing to get into.

As for goals, I have some, but I only marginally aim in their general direction, and take things as they come.  If you'd told me 5 years ago that I would be the head of the world's largest SAK collector's group, manage two websites and provide a place for multitool people worldwide to discuss tools (and pretty well anything else) while working as a marine cargo surveyor, I'd probably have thought you were doing some cheap drugs!

Goals are great, and I'm all for folks having a direction, but don't let other opportunities slip by- you never know where the side roads go until you head down them, at least a little ways.

Good to see you again!  :D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline WhichDawg

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 02:40:18 AM
great to see you around CQC-7! I luv golf, but have only been playing for a couple of years
and none in the past year, but I will get back to it. I'm still developing my form and was a
serious slicer but am now just a comical slicer!  ::) It's a fun game and very enjoyable, I hope
you win and break the record books!

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 04:05:06 AM
Thanks guys.  I dont know about any record books though. :) 

Def, I did not know that you had another job other than the two sites that you run.  Dude, you are a freakin madman.  I dont know how you do it but that is very impressive.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 07:56:48 AM
Yup... I survey cargo during the day, work the door at a bar at night, run this site, SOSAKOnline.com, moderate the SOSAK forum on Knifeforums.com and still manage to find time to go kayaking!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline WhichDawg

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 08:33:56 AM
but babysitting us is your favorite right!  :P

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99