Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Some guy from eBay, mentioned earlier

Offline Rodion

• When shumer hits the fan, bolo for me, mam.
Some guy from eBay, mentioned earlier
on: June 30, 2008, 09:05:24 PM
Bought a small pile of survival gear from this guy some months ago. Advertised as some kind of unspecified military line, arrived in Highlander packaging. Service was superb, delivery fast, etc. What makes him special (in addition to the complimentary button compass I got out of the deal), is that when asked about sourcing some can openers for me (no, I'm not addicted. I can quit any time I want  :-X) he just threw a twin pack of P-51s in with the other stuff and declared them a gift as well. Does not combine shipping (though he offers a $ per item discount) and I suspect I got a little ripped off, but his prices and service are still among the best I've ever seen, on eBay or otherwise.
W

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Re: Some guy from eBay, mentioned earlier
Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 10:34:40 PM
That was pretty decent of him :)
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 12:04:26 AM
Yeah, indeed it was!
B

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 01:13:59 AM
I've come across a few sellers on ebay that do that kind of thing - it shows that there are still some decent people about.

I once bought some polythene bags from ebay, and after a few days I got a mail from the seller apologising for the delay, her friend had just died! I replied and said that it was no problem, offered my condolences and told her that I was in no rush at all for the bags. They arrived a couple of days later and she had included a little note and doubled the quantity I had bought, this despite the goods arriving much quicker than most e-bay purchases anyway!

The best one though was just a couple of weeks ago, I bought a PST in great condition, for less than £10 including postage from Canada! It arrived in less than a week, and the guy had put a Vic Swisscard in there too. I made a point of contacting him and thanking him.

Free stuff is the best :D

I used to come here a lot.

Offline Rodion

• When shumer hits the fan, bolo for me, mam.
Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 01:21:18 AM
Yep, you can't beat free stuff.

I bought a PST in great condition, for less than £10 including postage from Canada! It arrived in less than a week, and the guy had put a Vic Swisscard in there too.

You know why I believe you? Because you don't say you bought a Swisstool. That would just be cheating.
W

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 01:33:37 AM
Yep, you can't beat free stuff.

I bought a PST in great condition, for less than £10 including postage from Canada! It arrived in less than a week, and the guy had put a Vic Swisscard in there too.

You know why I believe you? Because you don't say you bought a Swisstool. That would just be cheating.

:D

I've not yet been tempted by the Swisstool. If I see one at a silly price, I might be tempted, but still many more Leatherman's to get first.
I used to come here a lot.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD