Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What's on your keychain?

nezza33 · 1908 · 322897

de Offline Jmora

Re: What's on your keychain?
Reply #1770 on: March 30, 2023, 09:29:25 PM
Updated keychain. So many keys, that  a keywallet was the best solution. New small titanium handled backup knife, really nice quality from J E Made 

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1771 on: March 30, 2023, 09:35:48 PM
 :like: everything pictured.
Esse Quam Videri

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #1772 on: March 31, 2023, 01:02:45 PM

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline Sazabi

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #1773 on: April 05, 2023, 07:39:25 PM
That is a cool knife.

gb Offline EMarkM

Reply #1774 on: April 10, 2023, 11:54:38 AM
Leatherman By the Numbers #10 for the last few days, and, boy, it's come in handy for so many things! I don't use a bottle opener much these days, being alcohol-free, so I never really require that functionality, but all my one-piece "keyring" tools seem to have one! Instead, I use them for prying, poking and other "my fingers and/or knife are NOT going anywhere near THAT!" tasks, and each of my collection has its own unique shape and use.

Is the BtN my favourite? Not completely, although it was a kind and thoughtful gift from Mrs. M., which means it will always be special. But it really does work for quite a few little daily jobs.

While I'm typing, my entire collection (IIRC) is as follows: the BtN #10, the Brewzer, the Piranha II, the Gerber Shard and the (original) NiteIze DoohicKey.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1775 on: April 13, 2023, 05:01:10 AM
 :tu:  Nice selection of tools.  I really like having a little tool like BtN as well.  The Shard was a fast favorite of mine early one.  The reason you gave for them are same for me as well.  There are just somethings a tool like BtN is great for. 
Esse Quam Videri

gb Offline EMarkM

Reply #1776 on: April 13, 2023, 09:18:20 AM
Cheers! It's funny how, within something that many would no doubt consider quite niche and precise – the World of EDC – there are such varying opinions on whether keyring tools, especially any form of mini pry bar, are actually useful.

I'm firmly rooted in the "Yes" camp, but many on this forum, whose opinion I respect hugely, just don't find them all that essential.

An interesting world, to be sure!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #1777 on: May 06, 2023, 06:34:50 PM
Ok, I need a little help, I’m currently using a heavy duty leather over the belt I made with two clips, but I want to go back to the old school carabiner, just not the $2 one, I have one picked out but my problem is the rest, I’m thinking of something of like below, something funky, I only have like 3 keys, but then I have a dog tag to match our dogs in case he gets lost, store cards, a 4way screwdriver, duct tape roll, sak and mini flashlight, I have a few of those S-clips but I’d like to make it nice just not super long,, any suggestions?
JR

* IMG_1460.jpg (Filesize: 287.37 KB)
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline powernoodle

Reply #1778 on: May 06, 2023, 07:24:11 PM

PS4 for The Squirt Challenge, with a Screwpop box cutter and Victorinox nail clipper.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #1779 on: May 08, 2023, 05:46:16 AM
Any clue what that triangle thingy is called? The only place I’ve seen it is Etsy called a keychain expander? I mean the other round ones the ufo or mothership Amazon sells yet I have a small bag of harden 3/8” washers that I just have to drill the holes I want out vs all the way around, but I think that other one will fit what I’m after better,,
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1780 on: May 08, 2023, 04:03:39 PM
I recall a member was making something similar.  I cannot recall what they are called  :dunno:
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #1781 on: May 08, 2023, 04:49:33 PM
I recall a member was making something similar.  I cannot recall what they are called  :dunno:.
YES, but who idk, or what there were called, I guess I can go through all like 60 pages of this link and maybe it’s on here?
JR

us Offline charlie fox

Reply #1782 on: May 10, 2023, 06:00:16 PM
This is my work keyring; keys (duh), 32gb thumbdrive, Gerber Curve, and an Olight 1R2 EOS :cheers:

* oE8T6aT[1].jpg (Filesize: 94.78 KB)
"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you."

us Offline UscgSal

• JOIN Knife Rights!
Reply #1783 on: May 17, 2023, 11:27:32 PM
Back to a small halyard clip w/ 2 house keys, 2 club keys, ti whistle, my tag, dogs tag (RIP) and the nitecore one, not the best bottle opener but looks like a key so... 
It's me, back with new phone after retiring.
Was Tony Sal. Ts-cg@Hotmail but locked

Now Salimbenetony@Gmail

au Offline Echotech

Reply #1784 on: May 25, 2023, 07:15:04 AM
This is my “posh” set up for going out 8) 

Blank Industries carabiner, TEC python & QR clips and tritium vial, RovyVon, SAK Manager, mini lighter

I’ve got a more everyday one which is pretty similar and hangs in my front pocket using a TEC P7, with Nitecore Tiki and SAK Rambler

Over the years I’ve tried many (many!) set ups using OPT’s and keychain tools and lights of all descriptions but eventually found this perfect for my needs

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #1785 on: May 25, 2023, 03:43:19 PM
Nice Echo, I’m finally going to switch up my setup, it’s going to look somewhat like that, it’s a unique carabiner that has a swivel D-ring at the bottom so that the smaller clips I got along with it can clip onto it, the carabiner itself is an auto lock and a weight load of 4.5KN, so not one of those normal 150lb ones.. I think is should be here tomorrow..
JR

au Offline Echotech

Reply #1786 on: May 26, 2023, 04:26:44 AM
Thanks JR, that sounds really good :cheers:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #1787 on: May 26, 2023, 04:50:36 AM
Thanks JR, that sounds really good :cheers:
Here’s the two diff ones, so they will kinda go like this,,
JR

* IMG_1580.jpg (Filesize: 131.58 KB)

au Offline Echotech

Reply #1788 on: May 26, 2023, 05:12:47 AM
Here’s the two diff ones, so they will kinda go like this,,
JR
Cool those gate locks are a really good idea as is the spinning ring on the carabiner, should make it much easier on your pocket

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #1789 on: May 26, 2023, 05:41:01 AM
Cool those gate locks are a really good idea as is the spinning ring on the carabiner, should make it much easier on your pocket
You think? I mean I used to clip to a belt loop before I made my leather key holder that I’ve been using, I wanted the auto lock cause I never had one and since I was going back to carabiners why not? Then I saw that one with the D-ring and said perfect, it will give me something to attach the clips to instead of a swivel to turn the way the keys would line up and not out from the hip and making it even longer, cause that’s why I stopped in the first place cause the entire keyring was so long and when I walked it bounced front to back and having to hear and feel that with as much walking as I do it kinda makes you nutty, so I’m hoping it won’t be as long nor annoying..
JR

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1790 on: May 26, 2023, 04:05:00 PM
Very nice set up Echotech. 

@MadP, that is an interesting biner.  I have a swivel lock biner and really like it.  I use it more for utility that for a key keeper.  The D ring swivel is a great addition. 

I carried my keys on a cheap aluminum biner for years.  One day I tried something different and man its been a weird journey.  Like Echo, I've tried so many set ups I have forget most. 

What I like to do is separate my tools that I carry from my keys. 

I use the Victorinox belt clip with my wallet so my Midnight Manager and Rovyvon live on that set up.  This way when I leave my house I alway have something with me. 

My vehicle set up does have a light that is going on 10+ years ( photon x ).  I like having that light with me.  The coin cells are easy to find and cheap.  I've used that Nite-Ize biner now for years.  I've switched it out several times only to come back to it.  I keep my vehicle key and fob separate so I can take it off and nothing is heavy on my ignition.  My Leer Topper has tool boxes and the rear glass locks so I keep those keys on their own push release.

After all these years the spring on the gate is still pretty good.  I dont actually use it like that tho, I clip it into the belt thing as shown.  I've become a fan of using these type things to secure to my belt rather than belt loops.  Never had a fail on a belt loop but I just prefer this attachment option better. 

Once attached to my belt I can slip keys into my back pocket.  No jingle, no problems.  I can access them as needed and re-attach very easy.  I like those push button things tho admittedly I was not sure they were secure.  No issues at all so far. 

* IMG_8507.jpg (Filesize: 61.22 KB)

* IMG_8508.jpg (Filesize: 64.44 KB)

* IMG_8509.jpg (Filesize: 59.29 KB)

* IMG_8512.jpg (Filesize: 112.53 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline UscgSal

• JOIN Knife Rights!
Reply #1791 on: May 26, 2023, 04:32:48 PM
Like that Nitecore stuff!   :salute:
It's me, back with new phone after retiring.
Was Tony Sal. Ts-cg@Hotmail but locked

Now Salimbenetony@Gmail

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1792 on: May 26, 2023, 04:37:59 PM
 :tu:.  That clip came with the plastic biners but I switched out for the locking one my pill container is dangling from.  That clip has been great and I also have a NiteIze case which I keep on my work tool belt.  As said, they make good gear  :tu:.   
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #1793 on: May 26, 2023, 05:05:29 PM
I have that same niteize one but it came with a bunch of metal s biners, I wasn’t to thrilled using that main biner but the small s ones I liked, of course I can only find three of the five that came with it,, thus why I ordered a bunch of those others, so I can set up my diff categories on each biner then hook it to that fancy heavy duty one with the D-ring..
Back when I drove I had just the cheap $2 carabiner with a bunch of stuff on split rings, but of course as you put the key in the ignition all the other fell to the other side of the carabiner and made it like a foot long and it would keep whacking you on the knee,, drove me nuts!
JR

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1794 on: May 26, 2023, 05:47:50 PM
Go for the locking biners.  They are great.  I still have a few of the plastic ones that came with the set up I showed.  Not to keen on it since I had a few issues with items coming free. 

Good luck on the set up. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #1795 on: May 26, 2023, 06:29:54 PM
Go for the locking biners.  They are great.  I still have a few of the plastic ones that came with the set up I showed.  Not to keen on it since I had a few issues with items coming free. 

Good luck on the set up.
That’s why I went with the G-biner, so whatever you put on yeah goes through the first gate but then also goes through a second gate to not fully lock but keep whatever down on the bottom keeping the upper biner easy to open and use, I think they have one of the G-biners with one of those slide locks on the upper gate but I think the size was a little too big,,
JR

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1796 on: May 26, 2023, 06:41:39 PM
 :salute:  That is a great way to keep things secure on a biner. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #1797 on: May 26, 2023, 07:03:17 PM
And look what just came in.. :whistle:
JR

* IMG_1643.jpg (Filesize: 279.31 KB)

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #1798 on: May 26, 2023, 07:07:18 PM
 :like: That looks awesome. 

:popcorn:
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #1799 on: May 26, 2023, 07:53:48 PM
:like: That looks awesome. 

:popcorn:
Some time I’ll get to loading it, the only thing I’m not liking is that the G-biners don’t have a large opening gate, so taking it off that D-ring isn’t easy, but it’s still doable, but unlocking the main carabiner is easy, so taking it off a belt loop will be easy, when time comes to where you only want one specific tool like the flashlight then it’s going to be a, ok wait let me get it, then good to go..
JR

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $142.99
PayPal Fees: $8.01
Net Balance: $134.98
Below Goal: $165.02
Site Currency: USD
45%