Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Can we get the red Pioneer X in the US anywhere?

gb Offline Oxford_Guy

Re: Can we get the red Pioneer X in the US anywhere?
Reply #60 on: October 26, 2016, 09:06:32 PM
LCSAS is now listing individual Red Pioneer X knives for sale again at 55 CHF (shipping with the EU is 19 CHF):

http://www.couteaux-du-so...rinox-pioneer-x-red-lcsas

(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)

I've now bought one! Is slightly more pricey than SMS, but I couldn't wait! I also quite like the LCSAS swiss flags logo...

BTW it looks like LCSAS do ship to the USA, though they only had 4 left in stock when I looked 30 mins ago, so you'll need to be quick!

Only 1 left now...

All gone! I did buy one for myself earlier, though...
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 09:08:05 PM by Oxford_Guy »
"We broke into Mir using a Swiss Army knife. Never leave the planet without one." - Chris Hadfield, Astronaut

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club
Reply #61 on: October 26, 2016, 09:10:26 PM
Et voilà: "Pas de stock"

It wasn't me!

us Offline sir_mike

• No Life Club
  • It is what it isn't.
Reply #62 on: October 26, 2016, 10:28:49 PM
The search continues as these are gone! 

I am not sure how much that price plus shipping equals but gonna guess it to be around $86 in US, which is alot for a Pioneer X, to me anyway!  I guess I am basing that on the silver ones that run around $35 US.

Thx.

fr Offline jcfiguet

Reply #63 on: October 27, 2016, 12:48:02 AM
The search continues as these are gone! 

I am not sure how much that price plus shipping equals but gonna guess it to be around $86 in US, which is alot for a Pioneer X, to me anyway!  I guess I am basing that on the silver ones that run around $35 US.

Thx.

Exchange rate beween CHF & USD = 1.00630 today, so $86 it's impossible !
And you cannot compare the silver Pioneer X which sold at millions of units with special runs sold at hundreds of units...
SwissBianco sell colored alox since a long time, with more expensive prices ! Nobody think to claim them a colored P-X for $35 or $50...

us Offline twiliter

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • motionless wheel, nothing is real
Reply #64 on: October 27, 2016, 01:16:18 AM
So after some research...  :whistle:

LCSAS seems to stand for Les Couteaux du Soldat de l'Armée Suisse, a retailer in Nax.

fr Offline jcfiguet

Reply #65 on: October 27, 2016, 03:28:40 AM

LCSAS seems to stand for Les Couteaux du Soldat de l'Armée Suisse, a retailer in Nax.

Like "S" means Schweizermesser-Shop
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 03:30:08 AM by jcfiguet »

us Offline twiliter

Reply #66 on: October 27, 2016, 12:49:57 PM

Old news.

I did ask politely in another thread. http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,53842.msg1362914.html#msg1362914

us Offline twiliter

Reply #67 on: October 27, 2016, 12:50:57 PM
Good luck with your sales sir.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #68 on: October 27, 2016, 12:54:55 PM
on a related note, has anybody succeeded in removing the Logo/s?  I assume that the logo will be painted on the alox coating and it should be possible to remove it, in some way
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

gb Offline Oxford_Guy

Reply #69 on: October 27, 2016, 12:58:53 PM
on a related note, has anybody succeeded in removing the Logo/s?  I assume that the logo will be painted on the alox coating and it should be possible to remove it, in some way

I doubt that's going to work well
"We broke into Mir using a Swiss Army knife. Never leave the planet without one." - Chris Hadfield, Astronaut

fr Offline jcfiguet

Reply #70 on: October 27, 2016, 01:02:34 PM

I confirm ! And even if it's possible : logo removed = lifetime warranty lost !

fr Offline jcfiguet

Reply #71 on: October 27, 2016, 01:04:42 PM

Old news.

I did ask politely in another thread. http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,53842.msg1362914.html#msg1362914

Sorry but I didn't read this post before !

us Offline twiliter

Reply #72 on: October 27, 2016, 01:06:57 PM

Old news.

I was just curious. I like to know what logos mean, so I try to find out, this one was not obvious.

us Offline twiliter

Reply #73 on: October 27, 2016, 01:09:29 PM

+1 Like removing a bad tattoo, it's going to leave a scar one way or the other.

fr Offline jcfiguet

Reply #74 on: October 27, 2016, 01:11:47 PM

Old news.

I was just curious. I like to know what logos mean, so I try to find out, this one was not obvious.

In fact I thought that after threads of few members, everyone knows the meaning of this logo.

us Offline twiliter

Reply #75 on: October 27, 2016, 01:22:07 PM

Old news.

In fact I thought that after threads of few members, everyone knows the meaning of this logo.

Can you post a link where this was explained? I did some research and could not find it anywhere on MTO, the rest of the web, and it is also fairly obscure on your retail site. If it was explained what exactly this lcsas meant somewhere on MTO, then maybe I didn't look hard enough, but it is a big site...

If I was selling these on eBay or my own site or elsewhere I would explain what the logo means, but that's just me, people are entitled to put things up for sale however they see fit.

gb Offline shibafu

Reply #76 on: October 27, 2016, 01:32:06 PM

It may vary depending on the type of logo, but the Schweizermessershop and Edelwiess ones seem to be like a mask that was applied during the anodising, rather than printed on afterwards.  The LCSAS one has 2 colours so may be different.  If it's screen printed, an organic solvent like acetone or paint thinner might work.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #77 on: October 27, 2016, 01:35:12 PM
It may be worth a try, if the whole process can not damage the anodising.

I use a gold pruner from  Brumgard or something similar (I can not recal the name properly)  and I do not like the logo on it

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

fr Offline jcfiguet

Reply #78 on: October 27, 2016, 02:04:09 PM

Can you post a link where this was explained? I did some research and could not find it anywhere on MTO, the rest of the web, and it is also fairly obscure on your retail site. If it was explained what exactly this lcsas meant somewhere on MTO, then maybe I didn't look hard enough, but it is a big site...

If I was selling these on eBay or my own site or elsewhere I would explain what the logo means, but that's just me, people are entitled to put things up for sale however they see fit.

I remember 2 or 3 threads on the forum where you see a blue Pioneer X "Amicale LCSAS" with the address of the web site "Les Couteaux du Soldat de l'Armée Suisse", so for me it was obvious...
I already explained in other threads what is LCSAS : it's a cultural association of collectors and research about Swiss soldier's knives, well known in Switzerland and the boss is Robert Moix in Nax. Robert (Bob) is my friend and I help him to maintain his website.
I don't sell knives by myself, I'm only a collector, but the association sells some knives to earn money for several activities and documentations. I can't make advertising here or I will be banned (conflict of interest), therefore I communicate not much on these subjects, but in that case, other members spoke first about these knives.
If you want more informations please contact me in PM.

gb Offline Oxford_Guy

Reply #79 on: October 27, 2016, 02:10:34 PM

I remember 2 or 3 threads on the forum where you see a blue Pioneer X "Amicale LCSAS" with the address of the web site "Les Couteaux du Soldat de l'Armée Suisse", so for me it was obvious...
I already explained in other threads what is LCSAS : it's a cultural association of collectors and research about Swiss soldier's knives, well known in Switzerland and the boss is Robert Moix in Nax. Robert (Bob) is my friend and I help him to maintain his website.
I don't sell knives by myself, I'm only a collector, but the association sells some knives to earn money for several activities and documentations. I can't make advertising here or I will be banned (conflict of interest), therefore I communicate not much on these subjects, but in that case, other members spoke first about these knives.

For me at least, I actually really like the idea of having the LCSAS logo on the back of my red Pioneer X, it's not some random advertising, but the logo of an organisation very much related to SAKs and  how much more appropriate can you get than Swiss crosses! :-)

us Offline twiliter

Reply #80 on: October 27, 2016, 04:34:01 PM

And yet a search of the site using single or multiple keywords or exact spelling yields no results except in this thread. Can you link me to it? I was wondering what the letters LCSAS on the knives stand for exactly, and there was no mention of this anywhere on the site, eBay, or anywhere else I have internet access to. I did manage to finally find it by digging through your website to see if anything matched this acronym and finally had success. As I mentioned I did try to ask before.

I think there is a way to advertise here on MTO, you could contact the administration via PM or e-mail, I'm sure they would be happy to help. Noone here seems to have anything against selling SFO knives, in fact most of us really look forward to the different models and colors available.

I will PM you if I want more information, thank you for the offer. Finding out what the acronym stands for was the information I was seeking.

Also there is an area on this site to donate to it's operating expenses and such if you're interested, contributions are welcome if you think you have been profiting from it's use and feel like reciprocating a little. :)

us Offline twiliter

Reply #81 on: October 27, 2016, 04:37:31 PM

For me at least, I actually really like the idea of having the LCSAS logo on the back of my red Pioneer X, it's not some random advertising, but the logo of an organisation very much related to SAKs and  how much more appropriate can you get than Swiss crosses! :-)

I like it too, and more so now that I know what it stands for. I was just thinking if I was to show one of these to someone and they asked what LCSAS was, I would have an answer besides "I dunno"...  :D

fr Offline jcfiguet

Reply #82 on: October 27, 2016, 05:38:28 PM

I like it too, and more so now that I know what it stands for. I was just thinking if I was to show one of these to someone and they asked what LCSAS was, I would have an answer besides "I dunno"...  :D

Here some links I found about LCSAS, Robert Moix, Les Couteaux du soldat de l'armée suisse, etc.
Effectively, it's not clearly indicated that LCSAS means Les Couteaux du Soldat de l'Armée Suisse. I think there was not enough place on the alox to write all the words, so the acronym was used!

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,21658.msg1367788.html#msg1367788
 http://swissknives.info/pioneer-x-2016/
 http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,53842.msg1367789.html#msg1367789
 http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,53842.msg1367917.html#msg1367917
 http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,35228.msg761707.html#msg761707
 http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,68943.msg1365648.html#msg1365648
 http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,62284.msg1191303.html#msg1191303
 http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,53855.msg929904.html#msg929904
 http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,53842.msg1366861.html#msg1366861
 http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,49775.msg853074.html#msg853074
 http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,60948.msg1131718.html#msg1131718
 http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,52684.msg899715.html#msg899715

I know there is an area on this site to donate to it's operating expenses but when I give informations or when you find informations on http://www.couteaux-du-soldat-suisse.ch/ or on other forums in Europe, no one claims money and we have also operating expenses!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 05:39:49 PM by jcfiguet »

us Offline twiliter

Reply #83 on: October 27, 2016, 06:18:11 PM
Thank you JC, that is exactly what I was looking for.  :cheers:

us Offline twiliter

Reply #84 on: October 27, 2016, 06:27:14 PM
I know there is an area on this site to donate to it's operating expenses but when I give informations or when you find informations on http://www.couteaux-du-soldat-suisse.ch/ or on other forums in Europe, no one claims money and we have also operating expenses!

Yes, but the difference is that MTO is not a retail site, hence the .org suffix. Retail sites like yours with .com, .co.uk, .ch, .ca etc. suffixes are commercial and do not depend on donations.  :salute:

fr Offline jcfiguet

Reply #85 on: October 28, 2016, 12:44:59 AM

Yes, but the difference is that MTO is not a retail site, hence the .org suffix. Retail sites like yours with .com, .co.uk, .ch, .ca etc. suffixes are commercial and do not depend on donations.  :salute:

I will not get into the debate about domain names, .org or not, it is not the real problem...
Just a remark to clarify: You say "Retail sites like yours", but LCSAS is not MY site ! It's the site of an association of collectors, the president of this association is my friend and I'm the webmaster, no more, no less!
I don't think it could be very dangerous for the business of MTO, I think this policy is reductive for MTO members, but it's the MTO rule. So I will not get into unnecessary controversy...

us Offline twiliter

Reply #86 on: October 28, 2016, 02:19:42 AM

I will not get into the debate about domain names, .org or not, it is not the real problem...
Just a remark to clarify: You say "Retail sites like yours", but LCSAS is not MY site ! It's the site of an association of collectors, the president of this association is my friend and I'm the webmaster, no more, no less!
I don't think it could be very dangerous for the business of MTO, I think this policy is reductive for MTO members, but it's the MTO rule. So I will not get into unnecessary controversy...

ok JC, also just to clarify, read "yours" as "one you are associated with, and are the webmaster of", which is more in the spirit of what I meant. Apologies for my lazy American usage of the English language, it does seem to leave room for misinterpretation. There is income generated by and for various .org sites for various reasons and I have no argument there, but generally speaking the .org suffix is reserved for non-profit sites and, strictly speaking, MTO is not a retail site. I doubt the debatability of this point. I am not arguing the use of domain suffixes in all possible cases, just the fact that MTO is not a retail site, and the one you are associated with, and are webmaster of, is most certainly a retail site. There are advertisements on MTO that generate income for the site, and also a widget for charitable donations. This is necessary to cover expenses associated with the site's operation and upkeep, which on retail sites is generally covered by the sales of products and the cost is passed along to the patrons in the form of increased prices, this seems to be how it generally works according to my basic understanding of economics and retail marketing. Please feel free to correct me if I am getting this wrong, as I am always open to new ideas about how things work.  :salute:

us Offline sir_mike

• No Life Club
  • It is what it isn't.
Reply #87 on: October 28, 2016, 02:21:04 AM
Well, I guess the answer to my OP is "no" so if a mod wants to close this thread, please do.  It has gone a bit off course.

Thx.

us Offline twiliter

Reply #88 on: October 28, 2016, 02:28:25 AM
Well, I guess the answer to my OP is "no" so if a mod wants to close this thread, please do.  It has gone a bit off course.

Thx.

Sorry Mike  :facepalm:

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #89 on: October 28, 2016, 02:57:18 AM
If mods closed threads for going off-course all the threads on MTO would have been closed.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12
Below Goal: $140.88
Site Currency: USD
53%