Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day Carry

Offline Denny45acp

• New User
Re: Christmas Eve and Christmas Day Carry
Reply #30 on: December 19, 2016, 02:43:09 AM
Add a 38 Special and that's my  EDC. 

Denny Shootsalot

us Offline Roc

• No Life Club
Reply #31 on: December 19, 2016, 02:50:47 AM
Possibly these two, but I'm not sure. I have a tendency to just throw my SI in my pocket on the way out the door. If my pioneer x shows up it will probably be that. I'm not holding my breath though.
IMG_5857.JPG
* IMG_5857.JPG (Filesize: 314.38 KB)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #32 on: December 19, 2016, 02:57:39 AM
Possibly these two, but I'm not sure. I have a tendency to just throw my SI in my pocket on the way out the door. If my pioneer x shows up it will probably be that. I'm not holding my breath though.

Couple very capable SAKs :like: :like:

us Offline Roc

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: December 19, 2016, 03:12:57 AM

Thanks! Trying to keep with the Christmas colors. SAKs make it pretty easy.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #34 on: December 19, 2016, 03:40:23 AM

Thanks! Trying to keep with the Christmas colors. SAKs make it pretty easy.

Yes you can get SAKs in a great range of colors :dd: :like: :like:

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #35 on: December 19, 2016, 12:40:11 PM
Add a 38 Special and that's my  EDC. 

Denny Shootsalot

Good choice in case any of the presents decide to get rowdy!   :P

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

se Offline Fortytwo

• No Life Club
Reply #36 on: December 19, 2016, 11:29:38 PM
All good carries :cheers: If anyone has time to snap a pic of the carry that day it would also be awesome :like:

I know I will, the Spirit is not the tool I would have preferred for the holidays but a challenge is a challenge!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #37 on: December 20, 2016, 03:10:06 AM
All good carries :cheers: If anyone has time to snap a pic of the carry that day it would also be awesome :like:

I know I will, the Spirit is not the tool I would have preferred for the holidays but a challenge is a challenge!

Ah yes the Spirit challenge :like: It seems to be going very well in the thread :cheers: :cheers:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #38 on: December 20, 2016, 08:33:32 PM
I guess the MT of choice will be the sleek and shiny Spirit, but I now have the definitive sexy SAK to carry and use around friends and family these holidays.
Thanks to PN, this will be the SAK of choice for dress carry!

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #39 on: December 21, 2016, 05:27:35 AM
I guess the MT of choice will be the sleek and shiny Spirit, but I now have the definitive sexy SAK to carry and use around friends and family these holidays.
Thanks to PN, this will be the SAK of choice for dress carry!

(Image removed from quote.)

Awesome color Peacent 8) :like: :like:

us Offline colt 1911

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #40 on: December 21, 2016, 08:51:59 PM
Christmas Eve, i carry a camper that my grandmother gave me, this is my first SAK that started my addiction to SAKs, some 150 later. Christmas Day a Brass Spartan that my parents brought back from Switzerland. Ill have to through in a leatherman of some sorts, probably a PST or skeletool.
CHEERS

us Offline LoopCutter

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #41 on: December 21, 2016, 09:08:49 PM
My SAK Vagabond handles the Toy chores on most occasions past,, with ease.

Actually the family get together is on New Years Eve, sons are fireman and work two different shifts, so best date to be together. 
On the holiday, my wife and I are planning some quality time together, and tools will near by if needed. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I start and end the day above ground, it is a good day!

Hope yours is as good!

A SMART man always knows what to say!
   A WISE man knows whether or not to say it!!!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #42 on: December 22, 2016, 12:13:47 AM
Christmas Eve, i carry a camper that my grandmother gave me, this is my first SAK that started my addiction to SAKs, some 150 later. Christmas Day a Brass Spartan that my parents brought back from Switzerland. Ill have to through in a leatherman of some sorts, probably a PST or skeletool.

Sounds like a good carry colt :dd: :like: :like:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #43 on: December 22, 2016, 12:14:56 AM
My SAK Vagabond handles the Toy chores on most occasions past,(Image removed from quote.), with ease.

Actually the family get together is on New Years Eve, sons are fireman and work two different shifts, so best date to be together. 
On the holiday, my wife and I are planning some quality time together, and tools will near by if needed. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pics from New Years Eve are welcome and I may even do a thread of that nature as well ;) I love the Vagabond and that is a great SAK and pic LC :like:

us Offline Aberdrew13

Reply #44 on: December 22, 2016, 05:51:44 PM
I'll be carrying my MUT as part of the 30 day challenge.  I always have to have a blade on me at Christmas as my mom can get a bit ridiculous with the ribbon and bows.  I'm sure I will have to open something for someone.
If my text is in blue, read it with sarcasm.  That is how it's meant!

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #45 on: December 22, 2016, 06:14:08 PM
I' giving serious thought to swapping out the Surge or Center-Drive for the Reactor.  A small, lightweight tool may serve me better, and the Reactor hasn't seen a lot of carry or use for a while, which is too bad as it's a nice little multi.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #46 on: December 22, 2016, 06:24:31 PM
I' giving serious thought to swapping out the Surge or Center-Drive for the Reactor.  A small, lightweight tool may serve me better, and the Reactor hasn't seen a lot of carry or use for a while, which is too bad as it's a nice little multi.

Def

The Reactor is one of the tools that has my interest piqued and I have wonder if I should get one as they seem to be handy as a Skeletool to have around :think: :like:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #47 on: December 22, 2016, 06:25:42 PM
I'll be carrying my MUT as part of the 30 day challenge.  I always have to have a blade on me at Christmas as my mom can get a bit ridiculous with the ribbon and bows.  I'm sure I will have to open something for someone.

Always best to have a blade on hand at Christmas for present opening :cheers: The MUT will surely serve well for this :like: :like:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #48 on: December 22, 2016, 06:32:23 PM

Def

The Reactor is one of the tools that has my interest piqued and I have wonder if I should get one as they seem to be handy as a Skeletool to have around :think: :like:

It as all the function of the Skeletool, but in a Freestyle sized package.

What was Leatherman thinking not doing it first?  :P

Def

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #49 on: December 22, 2016, 09:16:39 PM

Def

Def

I think the Freestyle should have only done away with the carabiner and kept the bit driver and just have 1 bit with it. That way you just store the bit in the handle until you need it :facepalm: I guess they figured it would take to much sales away from the Skeley :shrug:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #50 on: December 24, 2016, 04:49:51 PM
My Christmas Eve carry :cheers: :cheers:

20161224_093352 by Poncho 65, on Flickr

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #51 on: December 24, 2016, 07:29:37 PM
I've just had my Swisschamp on me today and it's proven handy a couple of times already. :cheers:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline Roc

• No Life Club
Reply #52 on: December 24, 2016, 08:43:11 PM
My Christmas Eve carry :cheers: :cheers:

20161224_093352 by Poncho 65, on Flickr
Much love for the executive. Has been in my coat pocket for the past few weeks for the days I carry a SAK without scissors. I think I've used mine more than all my other knives combined.  :like: :cheers:

us Offline Roc

• No Life Club
Reply #53 on: December 24, 2016, 09:46:12 PM
Stupid younger me. Yeah, I quoted myself. So what?
IMG_5897.JPG
* IMG_5897.JPG (Filesize: 279.26 KB)

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #54 on: December 24, 2016, 09:52:06 PM
Doh! :doh:  Roc's pic just reminded me that I've actually got a Gerber Dime on my keys, as well as my Swisschamp (though that isn't on my keys ;)). 
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline Roc

• No Life Club
Reply #55 on: December 24, 2016, 10:01:01 PM
Doh! :doh:  Roc's pic just reminded me that I've actually got a Gerber Dime on my keys, as well as my Swisschamp (though that isn't on my keys ;)).
There needs to be a thread dedicated to the SAK/multi you forgot you were carrying that day. I do it all the time. A need arises for a certain tool and I completely forget it's on my keys, in my coat pocket or in the drawer of my work desk.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #56 on: December 24, 2016, 10:22:52 PM

Def

Def

I think the Freestyle should have only done away with the carabiner and kept the bit driver and just have 1 bit with it. That way you just store the bit in the handle until you need it :facepalm: I guess they figured it would take to much sales away from the Skeley :shrug:

That's the way it was first developed here at MTO before Leatherman put it in production without the screwdriver....  :pok:

If I was a suspectful individual I'd think maybe they omitted the screwdriver so they could pretend they didn't get the idea here..... if I was the suspectful type.

I ended up with the Compact and Switch plier 2.0 as that was easier to grab on the way out the door yesterday.

Def

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #57 on: December 24, 2016, 10:27:06 PM
Great bunch of carries this day everyone :tu: Can't wait to see what everyone carries tomorrow as well :dd: :like:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #58 on: December 24, 2016, 10:35:42 PM
I'm carrying my 61' ( dated roughly by you awesome members ) 84mm Tinker with my Delica I also have my Olight i3 eos. 
Esse Quam Videri

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #59 on: December 24, 2016, 10:46:18 PM
I was talking to Megan's father and he whipped out his TimeKeeper.

I knew he was a good guy.  :D

Def

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%