Multitool.org Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Executive Lounge 16383

No Life Club Posts: 4,323
Re: Executive Lounge
« Reply #240 on: January 14, 2020, 09:48:38 AM »
Day 2 of life with the Executive coming to an end. Just got home from work and the little thing is helping me with my after work snack!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 24,490
« Reply #241 on: January 14, 2020, 01:59:31 PM »
Day 2 of life with the Executive coming to an end. Just got home from work and the little thing is helping me with my after work snack!

(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:like: Look great
Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 20,094 Bon Journee!!
« Reply #242 on: January 14, 2020, 05:08:35 PM »
Great job! 

Barry
« Reply #243 on: February 03, 2020, 03:47:59 PM »
Used the Executive to tighten a loose screw on my pantry door.

I have been carrying the Executive as my sole knife for the most part. Sometimes, if I'm going out and don't feel like carrying my Glock 19, I'll grab my Benchmade AFO II, as my defense weapon. The Executive still rides along.

I will admit that I recently bought a brand new Victorinox Recruit, and am waiting on it to arrive.  There have been a few times where the Executive just wasn't big enough for a given task.

I am going to try the Recruit and Cadet I recently bought. See if one of those serves me better, while still being light in the pocket.

The lack of scissors is always my downfall.  I love my Pioneer X, but it is a bit bulky in the pocket. Not terrible, but I have tried downsizing.

It might just turn out, at this particular point in my life, I'm just not ready for anything less than the venerable ol' Pioneer X.  I definitely don't require anything bigger. The need for my Leatherman tools has passed, I am sure.

I have a hard time deciding between the Recruit and Cadet.  The Recruit has the tweezers and toothpick, which I do use.

The Cadet has the nail file, which I use probably even more than the tweezers or toothpick.

Neither have back side tools, of which I am not a fan of. Hate backside tools.  One problem I continue to have with the Executive, I am always turning and flipping it around, trying to find the tool or blade I'm seeking. Haha

In any case, the Executive was the first one I reached for this morning. I keep a select few SAKs and knives in my kitchen drawer...

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

« Reply #244 on: February 03, 2020, 04:16:30 PM »

I have been carrying the Executive as my sole knife for the most part. Sometimes, if I'm going out and don't feel like carrying my Glock 19, I'll grab my Benchmade AFO II, as my defense weapon. The Executive still rides along.

I will admit that I recently bought a brand new Victorinox Recruit, and am waiting on it to arrive.  There have been a few times where the Executive just wasn't big enough for a given task.

I am going to try the Recruit and Cadet I recently bought. See if one of those serves me better, while still being light in the pocket.

The lack of scissors is always my downfall.  I love my Pioneer X, but it is a bit bulky in the pocket. Not terrible, but I have tried downsizing.

It might just turn out, at this particular point in my life, I'm just not ready for anything less than the venerable ol' Pioneer X.  I definitely don't require anything bigger. The need for my Leatherman tools has passed, I am sure.

I have a hard time deciding between the Recruit and Cadet.  The Recruit has the tweezers and toothpick, which I do use.

The Cadet has the nail file, which I use probably even more than the tweezers or toothpick.

Neither have back side tools, of which I am not a fan of. Hate backside tools.  One problem I continue to have with the Executive, I am always turning and flipping it around, trying to find the tool or blade I'm seeking. Haha

In any case, the Executive was the first one I reached for this morning. I keep a select few SAKs and knives in my kitchen drawer...

Very nice usages and I see someone is a CheezIt fan!  :like: :cheers:
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 16,642
« Reply #245 on: February 03, 2020, 06:25:06 PM »

I feel the same about the Px being a tad too bulky.
I love my Pioneer, Soldier and Cadet though.

To compensate the lack of scale tools and scissors I always carry a SwissCard light in my wallet. Mind you though that i do never sit on my wallet. I'm not sure it would survive that  :D

The SwissCard light's scissors are the same size like the ones on the Executive. But they're a bit cumbersome to use.

Here are some comparison pics between Executive and SwissCard light...   :salute:
resize-894.jpg
* resize-894.jpg (Filesize: 162.42 KB)
resize-888.jpg
* resize-888.jpg (Filesize: 138.58 KB)
resize-887.jpg
* resize-887.jpg (Filesize: 192.32 KB)
resize-889.jpg
* resize-889.jpg (Filesize: 192.88 KB)

Formerly known as MTMatt
« Reply #246 on: February 03, 2020, 06:26:57 PM »

To compensate the lack of scale tools and scissors I always carry a SwissCard light in my wallet. Mind you though that i do never sit on my wallet. I'm not sure it would survive that  :D

The SwissCard light's scissors are the same size like the ones on the Executive. But they're a bit cumbersome to use.

Here are some comparison pics between Executive and SwissCard light...   :salute:
Nice  :like: :cheers:
« Reply #247 on: February 03, 2020, 07:23:37 PM »
Very nice usages and I see someone is a CheezIt fan!  :like: :cheers:
Love my Extra Toasty Cheez-Its!!!!!

« Reply #248 on: February 03, 2020, 07:23:57 PM »

Nice set up!!

Point Of No Return Posts: 33,700 Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
« Reply #249 on: February 03, 2020, 07:39:39 PM »

I just bought 3 boxes of those the other day, BIG family size boxes, since they were only $2!
JR

"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Water Closet and explode in the Commode, I think with my Head, that my flush will always beat John’s or Jerry’s pair! But Jack’s ran for the Reading Room and tripped on a Can and bowed to the Porcelain God!
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 11,191
« Reply #250 on: February 03, 2020, 07:41:39 PM »
I was surfing on Amazon and discovered that they are still selling New  Red Executives for $23.60, so I ordered 2 of them for spares and they came in the mail today.

Click on pictures for best pictures
IMG_0978.JPG
* IMG_0978.JPG (Filesize: 225.47 KB)
IMG_0980.JPG
* IMG_0980.JPG (Filesize: 184.97 KB)
IMG_0981.JPG
* IMG_0981.JPG (Filesize: 245.56 KB)
IMG_0983.JPG
* IMG_0983.JPG (Filesize: 214.68 KB)
« Reply #251 on: February 03, 2020, 07:47:26 PM »

Nice use of the Executive and great pics zrxoa1! :like: :tu: :tu:

That Cadet makes for a very sturdy knife that still rides well in the watch pocket of a pair jeans. :cheers:
« Reply #252 on: February 03, 2020, 07:47:47 PM »
Thanks guys  :hatsoff:

Formerly known as MTMatt
« Reply #253 on: February 03, 2020, 07:49:10 PM »

Nice pics and wallet McStitchy! :like: :tu: :tu:
« Reply #254 on: February 03, 2020, 07:50:08 PM »
I was surfing on Amazon and discovered that they are still selling New  Red Executives for $23.60, so I ordered 2 of them for spares and they came in the mail today.

That's a great price  :ahhh

Formerly known as MTMatt
« Reply #255 on: February 03, 2020, 07:52:31 PM »
Nice pics and wallet McStitchy! :like: :tu: :tu:

I love it. It's just big enough for my needs.
I have to fold the notes though and it doesn't hold too much coins. It's a Belroy and seems to hold-up to their promises  :tu:

Formerly known as MTMatt
« Reply #256 on: February 03, 2020, 08:12:25 PM »
That's a great price  :ahhh

I could not resist it I HAD to buy 2 of them. :D
« Reply #257 on: February 04, 2020, 12:52:42 AM »

Oh yeah, my favorite is these...
« Reply #258 on: February 04, 2020, 12:54:41 AM »
I just bought 3 boxes of those the other day, BIG family size boxes, since they were only $2!
JR
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Publix - buy one get one free - so I got 4 boxes!  :cheers:
« Reply #259 on: February 04, 2020, 12:55:24 AM »

Great price!  :like:
Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 20,094 Bon Journee!!
« Reply #260 on: February 04, 2020, 01:46:14 AM »
 :drool: Me too!!!!

Barry
Point Of No Return Posts: 33,700 Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
« Reply #261 on: February 04, 2020, 02:28:33 AM »
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Publix - buy one get one free - so I got 4 boxes!  :cheers:
Ain't nothing wrong with that!
JR

"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Water Closet and explode in the Commode, I think with my Head, that my flush will always beat John’s or Jerry’s pair! But Jack’s ran for the Reading Room and tripped on a Can and bowed to the Porcelain God!
« Reply #262 on: February 04, 2020, 08:52:20 AM »

Formerly known as MTMatt
« Reply #263 on: February 04, 2020, 11:15:00 AM »
No Life Club Posts: 1,199
« Reply #264 on: February 05, 2020, 04:05:44 PM »
The Recruit has the tweezers and toothpick, which I do use.

Why not take the Sportsman then? Cadet with tweezers and toothpick  :pok:
« Reply #265 on: February 06, 2020, 04:26:26 AM »
Why not take the Sportsman then? Cadet with tweezers and toothpick  :pok:
Does it have backside tools?  I don't like backside tools much.

« Reply #266 on: February 15, 2020, 05:35:19 PM »
The Executive was quite useful with my breakfast today!

« Reply #267 on: February 15, 2020, 05:57:33 PM »
The Executive was quite useful with my breakfast today!

Nice pics and breakfast zrxoa1! :like: :tu: :tu:

Good use of the Executive! :cheers:

« Reply #268 on: February 15, 2020, 06:05:58 PM »
Nice pics and breakfast zrxoa1! :like: :tu: :tu:

Good use of the Executive! :cheers:
Thanks, VICMAN!

I have found that the Executive is really all the knife I NEED on a daily basis. Sometimes it is accompanied by either my JE Made slippy, Benchmade Griptilian (sporting AWT OD Green scales...)  or AFO II.

I like to play with those knives but they are not really needed. The Executive seems to have what I require. Believe it, or not, that little blade can do some serious damage to cardboard. Even the thick, heavy duty stuff!!

A quick touch up on my Victorinox diamond sharpener pen, and that blade is back up to snuff. I carry it with me every day as well

« Reply #269 on: February 15, 2020, 07:43:57 PM »
Thanks, VICMAN!

I have found that the Executive is really all the knife I NEED on a daily basis. Sometimes it is accompanied by either my JE Made slippy, Benchmade Griptilian (sporting AWT OD Green scales...)  or AFO II.

I like to play with those knives but they are not really needed. The Executive seems to have what I require. Believe it, or not, that little blade can do some serious damage to cardboard. Even the thick, heavy duty stuff!!

A quick touch up on my Victorinox diamond sharpener pen, and that blade is back up to snuff. I carry it with me every day as well

The Executive is a great EDC. Even though I always have other SAKs and knives on me the Executive is the one I use the  most. You are right about being able to cut up cardboard easily with it. :cheers:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $119.88
PayPal Fees: $7.45
Net Balance: $112.43
Below Goal: $187.57
Site Currency: USD
37%