Multitool.org

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Harley Buck.... 291

No Life Club Posts: 1,329
Harley Buck....
« on: May 12, 2020, 03:37:15 AM »
Managed to stumble across this during the long winter, didn’t realize they were packaged so nicely.  Now wondering what the original retail price was and if I’m now required to go out and buy a Harley.... :cheers:
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 18,235 Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Re: Harley Buck....
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2020, 12:54:13 PM »
Managed to stumble across this during the long winter, didn’t realize they were packaged so nicely.  Now wondering what the original retail price was and if I’m now required to go out and buy a Harley.... :cheers:

Yup, you are!

:pok: :pok:

Remember:

:worthless:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2020, 04:02:43 PM »
You’ll hold your breath while waiting for the pictures, right?  😂     :cheers:
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 18,235 Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2020, 05:06:47 PM »
You’ll hold your breath while waiting for the pictures, right?  😂     :cheers:

:D :D :D :D

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

No Life Club Posts: 4,144
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2020, 02:40:30 AM »
I am wondering, what era is that from? The packaging looks very recent, but I thought the Buck Tool was discontinued ages ago? Was Buck making it for Harley after they discontinued it from the regular catalog?
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2020, 05:58:12 AM »
Cody.....not really up on dating these treasures but I would assume late 1990’s for this one.  Since it is a Limited Edition it does make sense that the packaging is nice.  I doubt that they continued on after the decision was made to end production.  I think I read somewhere that Buck had some conflict with Leatherman’s patent.
Hero Member Posts: 868
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2020, 05:15:19 PM »
Boonies
Hello
First of all you have a very nice BuckTool, these are fairly hard to find.
I have some info on your BuckTool. These Harley Davidson BuckTools were made in 2000. Buck Knives made approximately 1500 of them for Harley Davidson. Some of the unique features on the tool are, on the Harley Davidson Bucktool there are no implement icons or stamped BuckTool logo, this is the only BuckTool like this. These BuckTools came with the bit kit and driver. The driver attaches to the medium slotted screwdriver for use. The sheath has a special pouch for the bit kit, the bits are in an orange holder. The BuckTool you have recently came out of the Buck factory, these were some BuckTools kept for warranty reasons. I can tell this by the box you have. The box is a recent Buck Custom box. I do not know if there was ever a special box for the Harley Davidson BuckTool, Harley Davidson may have had a box. I have never seen one and no one at the factory knows. As far as the original price that would have been set by Harley Davidson. Buck Knives suggested retail price on standard BuckTools was in the $80 price range. The BuckTool was made from 1996 until 2000. 2000 was the last time that any BuckTool appeared in the Buck catalog.
Hope this info helps.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 05:25:33 PM by THE_LONGBOW »
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2020, 09:45:14 PM »
Longbow.....wow, a treasure of information, had no idea these were only made for 4 years.  And a single year for the Harley version.  I have picked up 3 of these over. the years, two are complete and one is missing the driver and bit set but has the correct sheath.  Hoping against hope to stumble across a lonely bit set 😊.

Replaced a Gerber Pinchy in 1996 right after it bit me for the 3rd time and put a blood blister across my palm.  The Bucktool stayed on my belt for over 10 years, acting as a mobile toolbox for 4-wheeling.  It spent a lot of time sliding around underneath a Jeep, even wore a tiny hole in the sheath.  Tool held up very well even though it received a lot of use.  Still have it  👍

Thank you very much for the information, adds new light to these tools........ :cheers:
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 13,948
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2020, 09:50:17 PM »
Now I "need" a Bucktool  (-_-')

Buy now or regret later
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2020, 10:17:37 PM »
Yes you do, but it’s the last SAK or multi tool you’ll ever feel the need to buy 😳.   :rofl:     :cheers:
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 13,948
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2020, 06:57:28 AM »
You don't seem to know me that well :rofl:

Buy now or regret later
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2020, 05:16:23 PM »
😂😂😂

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!