Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Social Media Stuff

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Social Media Stuff
on: October 01, 2021, 12:43:45 PM
In case anyone isn't following us on Instagram, Facebook etc (and really, why would you?  The forum is so much better!) I have been adding photos and little write ups each day on different tools and SAKs.

But it's not fair to forum members to miss out on this cool stuff, so until we figure out a good way to post them here automatically, I am going to post them here manually.

Here is yesterday's:

Highly prized by collectors, Leatherman's SideClip may not be familiar to recent Leatherman enthusiasts but it was remarkable for being the first multitool with a pocket clip, as well as its (relatively) compact size and four piece handles.

It was relatively light on functions, but because it was very pocketable it was with you when larger, heavier tools couldn't be.

Want to know more about the SideClip?  Of course you do- luckily theres a place dedicated to that kind of thing.  We call it the Multitool Encyclopedia:
https://wiki.multitool.org/tiki-index.php?page=SideClip

@leathermantools @leathermancanada @leathermanuk #Leatherman #leathermantools #leathermansideclip #leathermantoolgroup #multitool #multitooldotorg #multitools #edc #edcknivesandtools #everydaycarry #everydaycarrytools #sideclip
16330849811170.jpg
* 16330849811170.jpg (Filesize: 195.97 KB)
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Social Media Stuff
Reply #1 on: October 01, 2021, 12:45:41 PM
And the day before:

Long known as the Go To tool for the serious hands on types, SOG's PowerLock in unmatched when it comes to sheer usefulness.

Starting with SOG's Compound Leverage system for more gripping power on the pliers to a series of user replaceable or customizable tools, the PowerLock is unmatched in its ability to meet an individual's needs.

Learn more about the SOG PowerLock (and its descendent, the PowerLock 2.0, it's variant, the PowerLock EOD) and other SOG tools at the one and only Multitool Encyclopedia: 
https://wiki.multitool.org/tiki-index.php?page=PowerLock

@sogknives #multitools #multitool #multitooldotorg #sog #sogtools #sogpowerlock #sogmultitool #powerlock #sogmultitools #diy #edc #edcknivesandtools #edcmultitool
16330851222051.jpg
* 16330851222051.jpg (Filesize: 88.5 KB)
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: October 01, 2021, 12:47:25 PM
And before that... shamelessly borrowed from the Inky Challenge thread...  :facepalm:

While it may not seem like much, this model, known both as the Waiter and Bartender actually has a lot going for it.

Minimalists love it because it has the highest function to size ratio of any Swiss Army Knife, featuring a keyring, toothpick, tweezers, main blade, can opener, bottle opener, flathead screwdriver, wire stripper and corkscrew, all in a single layer.  Add a set of Plus scales and it will also have a pen, pin and eyeglass screwdriver!

But that's not all- the Waiter is also available in 84mm size (shown here) and 91mm size (Waiter Plus) for those who want a bigger knife!

Read more about Waiter/Bartender and Waiter Plus at SAKWiki!

https://sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=Waiter

@victorinox @victorinoxnorthamerica @victorinoxitalia @victorinoxnederland @victorinox_australia #Victorinox #victorinoxwaiter #victorinoxbartender #swissarmyknives #swissarmyknights #swissarmyknife #minimalistedc #Waiter #Bartender #pocketknife #pocketknives
16328444227880.jpg
* 16328444227880.jpg (Filesize: 104.13 KB)

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3 on: October 01, 2021, 12:50:09 PM
Another one.

The Micro Tool Clip is one of SOG's greatest multitools, and has been through three separate generations- with the third generation still available.

This Generation 1 Micro Tool Clip is a rare Outdoor Green version, but was also available in Swiss Red, Emergency Yellow and the most commonly found, black.

For more info on the Micro Tool Clip, see the Multitool Encyclopedia at Multitool.org!
https://wiki.multitool.org/tiki-index.php?page=Micro+ToolClip

@sogknives #sog #sogtools #sogtoolsandknives #sogmicrotoolclip #multitool #multitooldotorg #multitools #microtoolclip #edcknivesandtools #edctool #everydaycarry
16330853112632.jpg
* 16330853112632.jpg (Filesize: 202.07 KB)
16330853112983.jpg
* 16330853112983.jpg (Filesize: 248.51 KB)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: October 01, 2021, 01:00:26 PM
Excellent posts and tools :like:

I follow on Facebook and Instagram and you are correct. The forum is so much better :woohoo:

The interaction is good on Insta :cheers: less so on Facebook :whistle: but the overall experience of the forum is what has kept me here over the years :salute: :tu: :like:

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #5 on: October 01, 2021, 01:06:30 PM
Since FB and Inst keep asking me to create an account so I can see what they have, I don't see what they have.

:twak: :twak: :twak: :twak:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #6 on: October 01, 2021, 01:15:19 PM
Well, here is today's installment for you, hot off the presses!

This particular Surge model was presented to us to commemorate our forum hitting 1 million posts- obviously a little dated now, and as you can see from the marks on it, this particular Surge has seen a lot of use!

It's pictured here with a custom Skinth XL sheath that I had made special for it- your eyes don't deceive you, it is indeed purple, red and camo, and on the flip side it is fitted with a MOLLE strap so it can be carried virtually anywhere!

For more on the Leatherman Surge, see the Multitool.org Encyclopedia here:  https://wiki.multitool.org/tiki-index.php?page=Surge

@leathermantools @leathermancanada @leathermanuk @skinthsolutions #skinthsheath #skinthsheaths #skinthxl #Leatherman #leathermantools #leathermansurge #leathermansurge2 #multitool #multitools #multitooldotorg #forum #blackoxide #blackoxidetools #mollesheath
16330868949440.jpg
* 16330868949440.jpg (Filesize: 253.01 KB)

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #7 on: October 01, 2021, 03:23:20 PM
 :woohoo:  Great posts and tools. 
Esse Quam Videri

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #8 on: October 01, 2021, 03:42:03 PM
Excellent posts and tools :like:

I follow on Facebook and Instagram and you are correct. The forum is so much better :woohoo:

The interaction is good on Insta :cheers: less so on Facebook :whistle: but the overall experience of the forum is what has kept me here over the years :salute: :tu: :like:

I find that, overall, there is little to no meaningful interactions on FB and IG.  Most folks just post things like "Gerber sucks" or "I have one of those" and that's pretty well it.  And when I say "most folks" I mean the ones who actually went to the bother of commenting at all.  The vast majority of people click like and move on, never to be seen or heard from again.... until you post something else that they can click LIKE on.   :facepalm:

Not to sound like an old Fuddy duddy, but where the heck is the fun in that?

Also, I got two more warnings yesterday on my account for daring to point out that a scam in one of my local buy and sell groups was a scam.  *GASP*

I'd have left FB a while ago if I didn't need it for things like the FB group, the rental group I need for my property etc.

Def
16330956495110.jpg
* 16330956495110.jpg (Filesize: 76.77 KB)

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #9 on: October 04, 2021, 03:55:08 PM
Today's installment.

It has been suggested that we favor the big multitool brands like Leatherman, Gerber, SOG, Victorinox and CRKT, and there is some validity to that- after all, they all stake their reputation on good tools.

But that's not all we are interested in- for example, the DeWalt branded M16 has been a frequent user of mine for several years now, and, with a price tag of $20-30 is a good quality tool anyone should feel good to have around.

@dewalttough @dewalt_ca #dewalt #dewalttools #dewaltm16 #dewaltm16multitool #multitool #multitools #multitooldotorg #edc #edcknivesandtools #everydaycarry #budgetcarry
16333556348120.jpg
* 16333556348120.jpg (Filesize: 194.82 KB)

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #10 on: October 04, 2021, 08:41:22 PM
Usually it's us that's down and we are keeping people up to date on FB....

Now it looks like FB is down and we are still going!   :woohoo:

Def

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #11 on: October 04, 2021, 08:46:52 PM
Well that explains why I could not get onto Facebook.  :salute:
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #12 on: October 04, 2021, 10:35:40 PM
*rude comment about FB deleted, because MTO is a happy place, and that kind of derogatory comment doesn't belong here*

Def

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #13 on: October 04, 2021, 11:02:56 PM
 :rofl:

Apparently FB, Insta and Whatsapp are all down and have been for a few hours now :ahhh

Hopefully it means an upsurge of views and posts here :woohoo:

:D

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: October 04, 2021, 11:16:55 PM
:rofl:

Apparently FB, Insta and Whatsapp are all down and have been for a few hours now :ahhh

Hopefully it means an upsurge of views and posts here :woohoo:

:D

I have had several calls from clients crying that the Internet is down,if that gives you any idea of what people think about these days?! :twak: :whistle: :dunno: :rofl:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #15 on: October 04, 2021, 11:33:10 PM
Yeah, productivity probably leap forward today for a lot of people! 

Def

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #16 on: October 05, 2021, 12:31:06 AM
 :iagree:
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #17 on: October 05, 2021, 01:24:55 PM
For today's installment I stole a pic from the Inky Challenge thread.   :D

Explorer Mike Horn found plastic bottle almost everywhere he went during his many outdoor excursions, and, as it does most of us, it annoyed him immensely.

Originally this collaboration Ranger model with Wenger Knives was supposed to have scales made from recycled bottles that Mike had picked up along the way, but in the end, his cleanup attempts couldn't match production demands, so Wenger used locally sourced recycled (and recyclable!) materials instead.

Either way, the Wenger Mike Horn Ranger is an impressive knife!  Learn more about this handful of utility at SAKWiki today!
https://sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=Wenger+Mike+Horn+Ranger

@wenger_official @mikehornexplorer @victorinox #wenger #wengerranger #wengerswissarmyknife #wengerswissarmyknives #swissarmyknife #swissarmyknives #swissarmyknights #multitool #mikehorn #mikehornexplorer #explorer #multitooldotorg #sakwiki
16334330260550.jpg
* 16334330260550.jpg (Filesize: 166.56 KB)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #18 on: October 05, 2021, 05:08:49 PM
Love that whole range of tools from Wenger  :drool: I remember seeing one of those way back when they first came out :ahhh

I so wanted one but never got one :facepalm: Wished Wenger was still in business because they always thought outside the box (whether the design worked or not) but they sure had some very cool ideas 8) :like:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #19 on: October 05, 2021, 05:40:58 PM
They sure did, and it's sad to see that Victorinox isn't interested in that stuff anymore.

I think they should have turned Wenger into their in house skunkworks type department, cranking out new and fantastic ideas.

I love Victorinox, don't get me wrong, but they aren't the most dynamic company, are they?

Def

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #20 on: October 05, 2021, 05:48:54 PM
 :iagree:

Imagine  :dd:

They had a formula and once 9/11 happened they got shook like many companies.  I think they play it a little too conservative.  The LE releases are aimed at collectors so imagine if they did Wenger LE releases?   
Esse Quam Videri

se Offline RF52

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #21 on: October 05, 2021, 06:15:49 PM
Would be awesome to get a 130mm with a file without selling a kidney first.

Sent fra min M2002J9G via Tapatalk

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #22 on: October 05, 2021, 07:10:23 PM
I think they are concentrating more on the colored ALOX market these days.  You can't blame them, judging by the groups on FB, more people are interested in having slight variations in green colored Pioneers than they are in knowing the difference between an Adventurer and a Backpacker.

Def

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #23 on: October 07, 2021, 05:55:12 PM
I missed yesterday and decided to make up for it with a little bit of fun today.

When it comes to keychain tools, Leatherman knocked it out of the park with the Micra.  This, however, is the Style CS.

It's a great, compact tool in its own right, with excellent scissors, tweezers, nail file  blade, bottle opening carabiner- all the things you need and a stylish look!  What more could you ask for? 

(Besides a Micra!)  😀

Learn more about the Style CS (and Micra!) at Multitool.org!
https://wiki.multitool.org/tiki-index.php?page=Style+CS

@leathermantools @leathermancanada @leathermanuk #Leatherman #leathermantools #leathermantool #leathermantoolgroup #leathermanstyle #leathermanstylecs #leathermanmicra #micra #stylecs #keychain #keychaintool #keychaintools #multitools #multitool #multitooldotorg
16336220069640.jpg
* 16336220069640.jpg (Filesize: 280.05 KB)

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #24 on: October 08, 2021, 05:16:56 PM
Today's addition!

This is one of the great unsung tools- The Utica Kutmaster Multimaster may have a long name, but it is worth saying a lot more!  And it's one of my favorites!

It's USA made, all locking tools, fixed head, blunt nosed pliers and the usual array of multitool functions you have come to expect, all for around $35.

@uticacutleryco #utica #uticakutmaster #uticamultimaster #multimaster #kutmaster #multitool #multitooldotorg #edcmultitool #pliertool #everydaycarry #everydaycarrytool
16337061215460.jpg
* 16337061215460.jpg (Filesize: 129.03 KB)
16337061216361.jpg
* 16337061216361.jpg (Filesize: 145.75 KB)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #25 on: October 08, 2021, 05:17:54 PM
Probably has one of the strongest actual plier heads out there :o :like:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #26 on: October 08, 2021, 05:28:32 PM
I love fixed head plier tools.  In my opinion, they are always tougher, beefier and better than folding or sliding heads.

At least  they feel that way when I'm using them.

Def

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #27 on: October 08, 2021, 07:17:36 PM
Today's addition!

This is one of the great unsung tools- The Utica Kutmaster Multimaster may have a long name, but it is worth saying a lot more!  And it's one of my favorites!

It's USA made, all locking tools, fixed head, blunt nosed pliers and the usual array of multitool functions you have come to expect, all for around $35.

@uticacutleryco #utica #uticakutmaster #uticamultimaster #multimaster #kutmaster #multitool #multitooldotorg #edcmultitool #pliertool #everydaycarry #everydaycarrytool

Why the hole in the file?

Doesn't seem to have much in terms of "extra" tools: clip point blade, serrated blade, wood saw, file and can opener. No screwdrivers or bit holders.

:think: :think:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

nz Offline Syncop8r

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #28 on: October 08, 2021, 08:09:24 PM
I was actually hoping Facebook had died for good until I realised I didn't know some people's actual phone numbers as I normally only contact them through Messenger.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #29 on: October 09, 2021, 07:28:43 PM
Making a tremendous splash when it was released, the Rescue Tool from Victorinox had several grand new and unique features, such as removable and replaceable components (glass saw and breaker) as well as the StayGlo scales that glow in the dark!

Built on the 111mm platform the Rescue Tool was a "must have" Tool for any emergency worker or collector at the time.  It also features a one handed opening, partially serrated blade, a serrated clothing cutter and a screwdriver/bottle opener- and if you know any emergency workers, you know how important that last bit is!

Learn more about the Rescue Tool at SAKWiki!
https://sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=Rescue+Tool

@victorinox @victorinoxnorthamerica #rescuetool #rescuetools #Victorinox #victorinoxrescuetool #stayglo #emt #firefighter #emergencyworker #emergencyworkers #swissarmyknives #swissarmyknife #swissarmyknights #sakwiki
received_400381811805565.jpeg
* received_400381811805565.jpeg (Filesize: 102.65 KB)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%