Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Minimalist Victorinox MiniChamp plus Olight 3E Eos EDC carry option for the lazy

00 Offline Dutch_Tooler

• No Life Club
I've been considering what I should do in those rare cases, more frequent in summer, that a pair of shorts does not have a 5th pocket to carry around a MiniChamp and light in, but the main pockets are out of bounds.

I had found a small Victorinox pouch (4.0518.XL) years ago, and it turns out that one of the Olight 3E Eos' I bought recently is small enough to be able to share the space inside it with an Alox MiniChamp, with a little bit of room to spare.

Also, I have some dislike for unthreading and rethreading belts from shorts just to attach a pouch, so I proceeded to blind-rivet a belt clip to it.

The result is a very small, quick to attach EDC option. I used some of the spare room for a piece of shrink tube lodging tweezers, toothpick and MiniChamp pen as those won't fit in my Alox MiniChamp, but a normal MiniChamp with these integrated will also fit.

* 56202215633.jpg (Filesize: 412.54 KB)

* 5620221577.jpg (Filesize: 387.15 KB)

* 56202215747.jpg (Filesize: 452.06 KB)
Cheers!
Dutch_Tooler

wales Offline GearedForwards

• No Life Club
Oh I like that clip mod! And a very efficient little carry, I really like the minichamp loadout and the i3E  :hatsoff:
Check out my Youtube channel  for gear reviews, comparisons, and carry philosophy.

Love belt carry? Consider doing the Batman Challenge!

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Nice work. Need more information about that clip.

00 Offline Dutch_Tooler

• No Life Club
Thanks both!

Nice work. Need more information about that clip.

The clip is available from TheClip.com, Model 661BP.
Cheers!
Dutch_Tooler

us Offline Sos24

• Absolutely No Life Club
Nice job and carry

When I’m looking to do the minimalist thing, i usually just do a Rambler and keychain flashlight on a clip.  I like the clip shown because I can attach securely to a pocket, waistband, lanyard, etc.  plus it is fairly easy to remove items from clip

If I’m wanting to go minimalist and carry an ID and cash or card I use a zipper pouch with clip I got of CountyComm.

00 Offline Dutch_Tooler

• No Life Club
 :like: nice Sos24! I've been considering something similar to your zipper pouch as a minimalist carry option for my Secrid wallet/card holder. I have a few spare clips left... See if I can fashion/find a sheath that is just the right size.  :think:
Cheers!
Dutch_Tooler

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69