Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What is it with these scantily clad women?

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
What is it with these scantily clad women?
on: December 12, 2022, 04:07:52 AM
I know we limit ads that are shown on MTo and the Wiki -
Also I assume that the adds shown will be selected by the local service provider, browser tool etc etc

However all the adds I get seem to be receiving are fashion/clothing ads with beautiful women wearing very skimpy outfits.
The models are pretty stunning with amazing bodies - So I suppose I cannot complain     :o 
- Although it is extremely distracting when you are slaving away over a Wiki edit   ;)   :D

The irony is I will never buy any of these clothes as I am not a cross-dresser, and I know no-one who has a body remotely like any of those chicks
So I am just wondering why the ad selection engine has chosen these ads for me !!!    :think:     
I've been pointed to several different fashion sites - But always the same theme.     

* scantily clad.jpg (Filesize: 127.31 KB)

* Scantily 3.jpg (Filesize: 82.64 KB)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2022, 04:21:07 AM by Huntsman »

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: What is it with these scantily clad women?
Reply #1 on: December 12, 2022, 05:28:54 AM
Browser history  :D

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #2 on: December 13, 2022, 11:32:36 AM
Steve is right.  The algorithm pulls ads based on what kinds of things you have been looking at in the past, so someone has been looking at either scantily clad women or women's clothing on that computer.

It's not our place to judge!   :D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3 on: December 13, 2022, 01:52:43 PM
Steve is right.  The algorithm pulls ads based on what kinds of things you have been looking at in the past, so someone has been looking at either scantily clad women or women's clothing on that computer.

Def

:iagree:   MTo is a judge free zone !   :D

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: December 13, 2022, 02:11:39 PM
It can also be calculated by the sites visited from your routers IP... so any computer used in your home network.  :salute:

....oh...and thanks for sharing it with us  :D

gb Offline Tasky

• Galaxy-hopping garbage-man
Reply #5 on: December 13, 2022, 07:29:17 PM
It can also be random guff and Smurf that requires serious mental gymnastics to figure out the very tenuous link between your history and what Google's Al-Gore-ith-um thinks is a good match.
You might have looked at work gloves, and since gloves are fashion and clothing, it pulls up the most popular fashion clothing brands...

I tend to get a lot of random unrelated cack like this as I don't allow personalised ads or tracking and, while I have ad blocking in place, there are plenty of other data sources on us. If you visit a newspaper site that also features celebrity news, it'll be peppered with scantily clad actresses on the beach, for example, which them means you get similar stuff in ads.

Unfortunately my ad blockers mean I can't see any scantily clad people. :(

no Offline nakken

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: December 13, 2022, 07:39:03 PM

You might have looked at work gloves, and since gloves are fashion and clothing, it pulls up the most popular fashion clothing brands...
I have notifications set for an auction site when someone posts a Leatherman. I keep getting messages when someone posts leather skirts, etc.
I also get ads about "leather men" :facepalm:

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Reply #7 on: December 14, 2022, 09:17:44 AM
Def

BUSTED !!!  :pok:     :o      :rofl:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31