Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Rite Edge Miner Sod Buster re-visted

us Offline Old Happy Tiger

Rite Edge Miner Sod Buster re-visted
on: January 19, 2023, 05:26:23 PM
Last year, I did a review on this Rite Edge knife that is a Sod Buster pattern for the handle / body. At the time it was $6.99.

2.jpg
* 2.jpg (Filesize: 277.25 KB)

This is a very large slip joint knife and as such, it does not have a locking blade at all. I've been using it from time to time over the past months and while it has a 420 stainless steel blade, I can quickly hone the edge back.

As some of you know, I travel to certain client/stakeholder sites up and down the east coast at times in certain lines of security work. Where this knife will come in handy, is in North Carolina where this is no knife length laws, but certain kinds of automatic knives (spring/other) are considered illegal. Also carrying in the pocket concealed, is considered illegal across the board in North Carolina, so only open carry in a knife sheath like a slip joint knife is permissible. So if I go to North Carolina I can carry this at all times, again in a belt sheath as it's a non-locking slip joint knife.  This is another reason, that I buy so many inexpensive knives as laws are different state by state.

The knife after a few months is still holding up well. - OHT
"One day as a tiger is worth a thousand as a sheep."

us Offline PitCarver

• No Life Club
  • Average Old Guy.
Re: Rite Edge Miner Sod Buster re-visted
Reply #1 on: January 19, 2023, 06:50:32 PM
It's good to know that it's still holding up for you.  Awesome pattern.
Addicted to sharp pointy things.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD