Multitool.org Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Spirit owners club 205762

Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 5,818
Re: Spirit owners club
« Reply #2550 on: May 11, 2021, 03:44:34 AM »

Not sure if I posted this before  :think:
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 18,454 Bon Journee!!
« Reply #2551 on: May 11, 2021, 03:45:46 AM »
 :like: :tu: :tu:

Barry
Newbie Posts: 39
« Reply #2552 on: May 11, 2021, 04:30:41 AM »
:iagree: It is a work of Art and the best MT I have ever used at the same time. Congrats on your new tool, Mad Scientist  :cheers:

But we need some pics :pok: :D

Of course! She ain't camera shy, either...
« Reply #2553 on: May 11, 2021, 04:38:20 AM »
Nice and shiny!  :like:
« Reply #2554 on: May 14, 2021, 02:08:21 AM »
Used these scissors a lot today!

Barry
No Life Club Posts: 3,285
« Reply #2555 on: May 16, 2021, 09:07:27 AM »
It's a really good pair of scissors, especially if you do the open up more mod

[It's not failure if you learn something from it]

Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 7,036
« Reply #2556 on: May 16, 2021, 09:17:28 AM »
« Reply #2557 on: May 16, 2021, 03:53:07 PM »
 :iagree: Kottskrapa :tu:

Looking great Sherry :tu:

Barry
Hero Member Posts: 843 MAJ/APA
« Reply #2558 on: May 16, 2021, 11:38:56 PM »
 :iagree: :tu:

"Every generation has the obligation to free men's minds for a look at new worlds, to look out from a higher plateau than the last generation." Ellison Onizuka
No Life Club Posts: 3,200
« Reply #2559 on: May 18, 2021, 01:33:12 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)
Nice shot  :like: They are lovely things aren't they?  :tu:

They don't like it up 'em!
Hero Member Posts: 682 Guillaume
« Reply #2560 on: May 18, 2021, 05:42:05 PM »
 :iagree: :like:

My first name : Guillaume + my name Bur***** = guibur

"Soyez grands par les faits, et simples en paroles."

My YouTube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbyvNcXV7KGEfQVgnCcY4Yg
Spirit owners club
« Reply #2561 on: May 18, 2021, 06:21:09 PM »
Nice shot  :like: They are lovely things aren't they?  :tu:
Thanks and yes.  The Spirits are great pieces of craftsmanship.  Other MTs are nice and have great toolsets and functionality, but the Spirits incorporate that functionality into a tool whose fit and finish is something special
No Life Club Posts: 1,786
« Reply #2562 on: May 18, 2021, 06:52:53 PM »
Here's my submission to the club...It's awe inspiring the engineering and thoughts put into these tools; pinned/riveted construction and the action is sooo smooth, they deploy and retract with a solid snap, pliers are smooth opening with no play between parts, and the ergonomics are great. Oooooh, and the finish ... this is one good looking tool that can go with any wear; lovely. I'm thinking I'm going down the notorious rabbit's hole, as all of this has come within a month!!! (and an extension bar and a replacement bit holder are on its way!!!!!)
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 7,710
« Reply #2563 on: May 18, 2021, 09:45:00 PM »
The L-Wrench from my Swiss Tool kit is probably my most used tool I own.
It’s so bloody handy!

I agree totally!  It is so simple and so useful, and I never feel like I need the ratchet when I'm using it. 

What bothers me a bit about this is the inability to purchase the "L" wrench and bit holder as a complete unit.  You can buy replacement wrenches, or you can buy it as an add-on kit with an expanded tool pouch, or you can buy the ratchet with the bit holder, etc., but there seems to be no option to buy the just the "L" wrench with the bit holder.  If I could do that, I have several kits I would add it to.

- Terry
« Reply #2565 on: May 19, 2021, 06:29:02 PM »
Here's my submission to the club...It's awe inspiring the engineering and thoughts put into these tools; pinned/riveted construction and the action is sooo smooth, they deploy and retract with a solid snap, pliers are smooth opening with no play between parts, and the ergonomics are great. Oooooh, and the finish ... this is one good looking tool that can go with any wear; lovely. I'm thinking I'm going down the notorious rabbit's hole, as all of this has come within a month!!! (and an extension bar and a replacement bit holder are on its way!!!!!)

Nice!  :like: I knew you would like it  :cheers:
« Reply #2566 on: May 19, 2021, 11:14:29 PM »
Thank you, SirVicaLot; like does not even begin to describe how I feel about it!!
 :tu: :cheers:
Full Member Posts: 123
« Reply #2567 on: May 20, 2021, 01:44:05 AM »
Hey folks, I've never owned the Sprit but have had a few Leatherman tools over the years.  I'd order a Spirit if I can convince myself there's a legitimate difference between the two.  Aside from the possibly different tool combinations, how would you differentiate the qualities of Vic Spirit from the Leatherman?  Help me buy one!

Ike
« Reply #2568 on: May 20, 2021, 04:37:03 AM »
Hey folks, I've never owned the Sprit but have had a few Leatherman tools over the years.  I'd order a Spirit if I can convince myself there's a legitimate difference between the two.  Aside from the possibly different tool combinations, how would you differentiate the qualities of Vic Spirit from the Leatherman?  Help me buy one!
There are three things that I feel really differentiate the Spirit from Leatherman:
- All tools are accessible without opening the pliers.  LM usually has blades, saw, and file accessible but not the other tools.
- The ergonomics of the Spirit are better
- The Chisel combo tool.  LM has no tool that is comparable to the “Chisel thingy” (as it is sometimes called) and it is very useful.  It works great as a package opener, scraper, cutter, etc.  In my opinion, the chisel thingy alone would make a nice OPMT that I would want.

With all my love of the Spirit, I think there are a few things that should be mentioned, that some people do not like about the Spirit:
- Whereas many LM are OHO, most Spirits are not
- Many LM have both a serrated and plain edge blade but most Spirits are either or
- The new MXBS (oho) Spirt does not have a saw
Full Member Posts: 123
« Reply #2569 on: May 20, 2021, 06:59:32 AM »
That's good info, thanks for the balanced perspective.

Ike
« Reply #2570 on: May 20, 2021, 07:03:37 AM »
There are three things that I feel really differentiate the Spirit from Leatherman:
- All tools are accessible without opening the pliers.  LM usually has blades, saw, and file accessible but not the other tools.
- The Chisel combo tool.  LM has no tool that is comparable to the “Chisel thingy” (as it is sometimes called) and it is very useful.  It works great as a package opener, scraper, cutter, etc.  In my opinion, the chisel thingy alone would make a nice OPMT that I would want.

With all my love of the Spirit, I think there are a few things that should be mentioned, that some people do not like about the Spirit:
- Many LM have both a serrated and plain edge blade but most Spirits are either or

:iagree: But I would put non-OHO as a plus  :D
« Reply #2571 on: May 20, 2021, 07:58:32 AM »
:iagree: But I would put non-OHO as a plus  :D

Some people consider it a plus while some think oho is important and even a potential no-go, which is why I list it as something to be aware.
« Reply #2572 on: May 20, 2021, 09:05:42 AM »
Some people consider it a plus while some think oho is important and even a potential no-go, which is why I list it as something to be aware.

You are certainly correct  :cheers:
« Reply #2573 on: May 20, 2021, 09:13:59 AM »

:cheers:
« Reply #2574 on: May 20, 2021, 12:23:17 PM »
It really has to be experienced.  The feel is much more solid, and running the risk of upsetting my Leatherman friends, it doesn't have those cursed cast screwdrivers that snap off just when you are applying a little torque.  Each tool opens individually and snaps back into place.  They're literally pocket tool boxes.  I've a number of Leathermans, and was there for the original PST revolution, but these tools are a whole different level. 

Barry
« Reply #2575 on: May 20, 2021, 12:24:46 PM »
Precisely.  I actually use the chisel a good bit in whittling and carving. 

Barry
« Reply #2576 on: May 25, 2021, 09:51:55 PM »

:cheers:
« Reply #2577 on: May 30, 2021, 02:44:30 AM »
Amazing how even the Black Spirit can brighten up a gloomy day.
« Reply #2578 on: May 30, 2021, 04:28:39 AM »
Great pic Sherry!

Barry
No Life Club Posts: 4,215 Carpe titanium
« Reply #2579 on: May 30, 2021, 09:02:10 AM »
Great Spirit pics guys. I'd agree with others that the Spirit really is in a different league.  :like:

Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.
Apex predator of fruit cake

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
September Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: $174.10
PayPal Fees: $10.10
Net Balance: $164.00
Below Goal: $136.00