Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Hulu - USA & UK

us Offline eodtech

• No Life Club
  • Rule #9 - Never go anywhere without a knife.
Hulu - USA & UK
on: July 07, 2009, 02:43:13 PM
Hulu is a website that offers commercial-supported streaming video of TV shows and movies from NBC, Fox and many other networks and studios. Hulu videos are currently offered only to users in the United States ( UK available 09/2009). Hulu provides video in Flash Video format, including many films and shows that are available in 480p and high-definition.
HULU

Life and Hulu are a lot easier with the desktop application - Hulu has released a beta version of Hulu Desktop, a standalone program that allows users to watch Hulu programing without using their web browser. The program uses a 10-foot user interface and is designed to be compatible with existing computer remote controls. It requires a Flash player and runs on Windows and MAC OS X.
Hulu desktop application

RipTiger  lets you d/l Hulu programs to your PC. It's the easiest and most powerful program to capture Hulu video and TV, also capable of converting Hulu videos and optionally transferring them to your iPod.

The selection on Hulu has been expanded quit a bit since it's start   2  1/2 years ago. In addition to NBC, ABC and FOX programs and movies, Hulu carries shows from other networks such as Comedy Central, PBS, USA Network, Bravo, Fuel TV, FX, Speed, Sci Fi, Style, Sundance, E!, G4, Versus, A&E, Oxygen, Food Network and online comedy sources such as Funny Or Die and Onion News Network!

TV = SNL, 24, MadTV, Burn Notice, Hill Street Blues, Cops

Movies = Taking of Pelham 123, 39 Steps, Bourne movies, Air Force One, Alien movies

UPDATE:  Hulu is planning on launching in the U.K. September 2009: about 3,000 hours of content from American networks will be available as well as, it is hoped, content from British networks BBC, ITV and Channel 4.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 02:57:48 PM by eodtech »
Why do I carry a 45 ?
Because they don't make a 46 !

us Offline Pacu

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Hulu - USA & UK
Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 02:54:50 AM
Whenever i travel Hulu is a lifesaver.
:like:    :MTO:

Offline appletree_man

Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 08:23:35 PM
Is there anyway to trick this, or any other online streaming video provider ?  I'm getting sick of trying to find old US shows online only to get the "This video is not available in your country" message  >:(
T

us Offline Pacu

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 08:54:50 PM
pick a US proxy on a anonymous ip hider maybe?
:like:    :MTO:

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 11:58:41 PM
Definitely doesn't work in the UK :(
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16