Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Forum Rules- please read before posting a sale

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
on: May 29, 2006, 06:44:33 PM
Welcome to the Trade Forums.  In order to keep things fair for everyone, we have a few rules that we ask everyone to adhere to:

1- Please post a price, even in trades.  People will have a better idea of how interested they are in your item or what to offer you if they have a reference point.

2- Please contact a moderator to mark something sold for you when it is sold.  This will keep you from being continually harassed with offers after the item is gone.

3- No dealers please.  Dealers can contact me at info@multitool.org for options available for them.

4- Anyone using this forum to buy, sell or trade any items are responsible for determining legality, condition, postal rates or any other matters involved in the trade.  Multitool.org does not in any way, shape or form assume any liability for any trade problems that might arise.  This forum is offered as a free service to members, and it is up to those members to be aware of what they are trading, and whom they are trading with. 

5- New members are restricted from sending Private Messages until they have 5 posts.  Please see this thread for details.

These rules are subject to interpretation by the Moderator staff here at Multitool.org, and the decision of any Moderator will be considered final.  If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at info@multitool.org.  Failure to follow these rules when posting here could result in deletion of the post and/or further action to be taken.

Thanks for your co-operation and good luck selling!

Def
« Last Edit: January 28, 2022, 01:55:32 PM by SteveC »
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline kvsitinw

• New User
Re: Forum Rules- please read before posting a sale
Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 12:20:12 PM
thanks  :)

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 09:39:03 PM
Can we please add something in to the forum rules to stop people asking for Paypal as a gift or payment owed etc?

This is standard practice on a lot of other forums now, and more importantly the buyer gets no protection when sending a gift. Paypal rules state that a purchase is only covered when you send money for "goods" and sellers shouldn't be asking for anything else. You're not giving me a gift, you are receiving funds for goods - a transaction.

I'm getting pissed of with it and refuse to deal with people who try to avoid the fees. If you are accepting Paypal as payment, factor it in to your asking price and keep it simple. Both parties are then legally covered for the transaction. I strongly advise anyone against sending payments any other way.
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

Offline TCC256

Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 10:00:42 PM
Can we please add something in to the forum rules to stop people asking for Paypal as a gift or payment owed etc?

This is standard practice on a lot of other forums now, and more importantly the buyer gets no protection when sending a gift. Paypal rules state that a purchase is only covered when you send money for "goods" and sellers shouldn't be asking for anything else. You're not giving me a gift, you are receiving funds for goods - a transaction.

I'm getting pissed of with it and refuse to deal with people who try to avoid the fees. If you are accepting Paypal as payment, factor it in to your asking price and keep it simple. Both parties are then legally covered for the transaction. I strongly advise anyone against sending payments any other way.

I just did that. I am still new to using PayPal, and I didn't realize that with PayPal gift, the buyer doesn't have some sort of protection against scamming. I will definatly edit my post. Thanks for bringing this to the attention of those who may not have known.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 10:48:23 PM
I didn't know that either. The details of sale are really between the two parties involved so I don't think we can really add it in to the rules here, but it is well worth mentioning.

Def

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline tattoosteve99

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 11:34:09 PM
Just for me I ask which way they would like to pay. If that want gift, thats cool by me, if they want a purchase that's cool too. I usually hold funds until delivered or unless they say it is ok. I have no objection to either form of payment but PayPal gets enough of the money???  I'm not arguing or debating just stating my personal opinion. 
If I remember correctly, wait, what was I saying?

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 01:53:22 AM
You still pay a fee on the other end when you a gift though, so someone has to pay them either way.

You may as well have proper protection if they are making something out of the deal anyway.

A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

us Offline Sazabi

Reply #7 on: June 21, 2012, 02:14:11 AM
I just ask for gift or payment owed either from the people that have had prior experience with me (they know they won't be smurfed over by me) or especially from members who have very low post counts; if I don't know them, I need protection from the possibility from being scammed; otherwise both insurance and tracking has to be added to packages, as Paypal mentions - international shipping with guaranteed tracking is uber expensive in the US. :/

I personally don't mind paying for items as gift; I typically do when I buy something from someone else; I like sellers getting the amount asked for a product.  The only exception is when they mention that the total includes fees, as I presume they've added a small buffer to take care of the pesky fees while still getting what they want from the item. :tu:

[Edit:  As an aside, I think I'm caught up on my commissions. :think:]

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #8 on: June 21, 2012, 02:16:43 AM
I can't even send payment as gift. I remember seeing that option when I first started using it but it disapeared some time ago. :( well I never used it anyway. I agree with Nuphoria that all purchases should be paid as goods.

us Offline tattoosteve99

Reply #9 on: June 21, 2012, 03:26:20 AM
You still pay a fee on the other end when you a gift though, so someone has to pay them either way.

You may as well have proper protection if they are making something out of the deal anyway.
Oh. I didn't know that. I always see what's on my side.  I'll look at that more closely now. Thank nuph
If I remember correctly, wait, what was I saying?

us Offline Ashley

• AKA Knife Crazied
Reply #10 on: June 22, 2012, 01:15:57 AM
For people I buy from a lot I use gift as it helps them out. I've never paid a fee for it and neither has that person. I've never heard of what your talking about Chrissy. If you go under personal tab and mark gift there is no fees at all.

I also always tell folks gift is appreciated but never required!

Sent from Ash forum mobile

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #11 on: June 22, 2012, 01:29:21 AM
There's always fees. You have to go to gift AND tick the box that says you will pick up the fees so the other person doesn't ... or that's how it works here anyway. If I'm buying from someone I trust, I have used "gift" and paid fees even when the other person didn't ask for it. I don't do this all the time though ... just when it seems right

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #12 on: June 22, 2012, 01:33:59 AM
Ya when I've used it the gift costs me the fee, the other way the other person pays the fee.  The main issue is if bad sellers convince you to gift them the money you can never ever file a dispute if anything goes wrong, so don't gift to someone you arent 100% sure you can trust. 

Its also a violation of Paypal user agreement to ask for someone to gift you an amount for a sold item.  I dont give a flying smurf about that part, but I do about the cant file a dispute part.
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

us Offline Ashley

• AKA Knife Crazied
Reply #13 on: June 22, 2012, 02:30:13 AM
I swear to you all I've never paid a fee and Tom (rotokid) hasn't either. I use it all the time and never pay fees and the other person doesn't either. Maybe its different in different countries. :think:

Sent from Ash forum mobile

bm Offline skygear

• N0
Reply #14 on: July 07, 2013, 06:10:10 AM
I feel that Pictures of all items should be mandatory also.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #15 on: July 09, 2013, 07:37:37 PM
I feel that Pictures of all items should be mandatory also.

That certainly does help, but not everyone is a decent photographer, or even skilled enough to upload pics.  If you see something that someone has listed for sale and it doesn't have pics, always feel free to ask for them.

Def

Offline CLAUDIO TRAMONTANO

Reply #16 on: June 24, 2015, 02:30:10 PM
Welcome to the Trade Forums.  In order to keep things fair for everyone, we have a few rules that we ask everyone to adhere to:

1- Please post a price, even in trades.  People will have a better idea of how interested they are in your item or what to offer you if they have a reference point.

2- Please contact a moderator to mark something sold for you when it is sold.  This will keep you from being continually harassed with offers after the item is gone.

3- No dealers please.  Dealers can contact me at info@multitool.org for options available for them.

4- Anyone using this forum to buy, sell or trade any items are responsible for determining legality, condition, postal rates or any other matters involved in the trade.  Multitool.org does not in any way, shape or form assume any liability for any trade problems that might arise.  This forum is offered as a free service to members, and it is up to those members to be aware of what they are trading, and whom they are trading with. 

5- New members are restricted from sending Private Messages until they have 5 posts.  Please see this thread for details.

These rules are subject to interpretation by the Moderator staff here at Multitool.org, and the decision of any Moderator will be considered final.  If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at info@multitool.org.  Failure to follow these rules when posting here could result in deletion of the post and/or further action to be taken.

Thanks for your co-operation and good luck selling!

Def

I agree, thanks!

mt Offline primal

Reply #17 on: September 23, 2015, 08:48:39 PM
agree! fair play! :salute:

au Offline Scoon

Reply #18 on: September 28, 2015, 09:07:55 AM
Read and understood :)

nl Offline Ron Who

• I'm blue!

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • I brake for cake
Reply #20 on: January 09, 2017, 11:31:28 AM

Just a bump to remind users of the possible pitfalls of paying using paypal gift (or direct transfer for that matter).  Pay with PP gift and you have no protection if a sale goes badly.

Offline Mavericky11

Reply #21 on: January 29, 2017, 03:48:42 AM
This is totally fair rules set up. Hope I can get to 5 post soon!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Offline HankGreen

Reply #22 on: May 17, 2018, 02:35:16 AM
what is the rule of thumb for someone to be considered a dealer?
on a now defunct knife forum i was on, one of the moderators jumped me for selling stuff i
found at yard sales, then the same week helped a guy setup a page (on their site) to sell stuff he admitted he got from a storage unit sale;

i don't make enough selling used knives to pay one weeks gas bill (& i drive an economy car) but i want to play by the rules.   thanks

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #23 on: May 17, 2018, 04:33:30 AM
A dealer would be in my book someone selling new tools at a certain set price and having multiples to sell :salute: Someone selling garage/ sale items (as long as it isn't an extreme amount) should be fine :cheers: It is also nice to donate a small amount back to the forum if you sell things here as well :cheers:

Also it is good practice to join in forum discussion and not just be here to sell things :tu:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #24 on: May 17, 2018, 01:16:23 PM
A dealer would be in my book someone selling new tools at a certain set price and having multiples to sell :salute: Someone selling garage/ sale items (as long as it isn't an extreme amount) should be fine :cheers: It is also nice to donate a small amount back to the forum if you sell things here as well :cheers:

Also it is good practice to join in forum discussion and not just be here to sell things :tu:

+1 to all of that. Participating on the other boards is appreciated and valued  :salute:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • I brake for cake
Reply #25 on: July 30, 2018, 03:22:10 PM

I'll bump this topic, and this post in particular again.  Be wary of paying by PayPal friends and family or bank transfer, even if you think you know the seller.

Offline ABURABURA

Reply #26 on: August 16, 2019, 04:17:45 AM
When we list a multitool for sale can we add links or add the name of website where they can buy it .?

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #27 on: August 18, 2019, 04:20:09 PM
When we list a multitool for sale can we add links or add the name of website where they can buy it .?

The short answer is, no we don't allow it.

Offline Jefe0013

Reply #28 on: August 09, 2020, 10:11:07 PM
#5!!!     :hatsoff:

Def

Offline JonE

• New User
Reply #29 on: March 10, 2022, 07:43:11 PM
I'll bump this topic, and this post in particular again.  Be wary of paying by PayPal friends and family or bank transfer, even if you think you know the seller.
:like:

Completely agree... need to have protection when making a remote sale!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%