Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What a weekend!

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
What a weekend!
on: March 19, 2012, 04:02:03 PM
Saturday started off with pulling out 250 feet of fencing around the arena after a breakfast of eggs and toast.  Then, I had to load (and unload) 30 75 lb pressure treated fence posts.  At that point, Janene and I decided to take a break and see what the neighboring farm was up to. 

They were putting in a culvert and road over a little creek to make the trail between our places more hospitable.  The mini-excavator was amazing!  After watching Joe move a bunch of heavy rocks, we headed back, for lunch.  When we went out, with the idea of pounding posts, the BossLady says,

"You know, I kind of like it without a fence.  I want to think about it for a bit". 

So we start to clean the barn.  By the time we're done, she says,

"Would you be upset if we didn't put the fence back in?"  I say no, but we have to fill the holes now, because people are coming to ride in the arena.

So we spend the next hour or so pounding dirt into thirty holes.  At this point there are still thirty 75 lb posts that have to be RE-loaded on the tractor and put BACK into the fence post pile AND all the old fencing has to be loaded to the chipping pile (no nails) and "Take to the dump" pile (nails in).  But Saturday is getting late so, instead, I resurrect the lawnmower (one frozen wheel bearing, and a slow to turn starter) and mow the lawn until dusk.

At that point, I turn to the mini-rotory tiller that coughed out blue smoke earlier this week and stopped running.   A little online time and a little work on the motor and the thing springs back to life.   :D

Sunday, I have an 8 mile long run, which went pretty well.  9:48 pace.  Afterwards, clean the barn and then pick up and restack the new fence posts.   Afterwards, I head over to the neighboring farm to drink beer and discuss a small bridge that's going in.  Then the dubious task of picking up the old fencing.  A little more mowing until dark and then inside for dinner and to work on the pellet stove (which has been running very quirky).  20 minutes of cleaning and the stove is running like new.  Just in time for the last NCAA tournament game.  :cheers:

Good thing it's Monday.  I need a break.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: What a weekend!
Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 04:09:41 PM
Did you stick your fingers in the rototiller?  :D

After Dunc's finger injury and Bob's recent argument with the snowblower I have to wonder which Moderator is next on the digital hit list!

I am tired just reading about all you did!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 04:30:46 PM
Did you stick your fingers in the rototiller?  :D

After Dunc's finger injury and Bob's recent argument with the snowblower I have to wonder which Moderator is next on the digital hit list!

I am tired just reading about all you did!

Def
I read the manual.  :P

Actually, I'm extremely safety conscious.  Chainsaws and tractor PTO's don't give many second chances.

us Offline sawman

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • You're amongst friends.
Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 04:36:13 PM
I'd need paramedics after an 8 mile walk!   :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh
SAW

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 05:10:31 PM
Yeah, I need a tea break just from reading it :D
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

gb Offline ryan1835

• buh
Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 11:10:34 PM
Yeah, I need a tea break just from reading it :D

better get that pan of water on your cooker then!  ;)
I

au Offline MultiMat

• The MTO handshake.
Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 11:48:50 PM
I was waiting for the 'you know what I think  we do need that fence.....'  :ahhh :ahhh :D :D :D. Or is that coming next weekend  :think: :P :D :D :D.

"Downunder Mod (that sounds dirty, doesn't it?)"
Yeh Baby :P >:D >:D

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 03:23:22 AM
I was waiting for the 'you know what I think  we do need that fence.....'  :ahhh :ahhh :D :D :D. Or is that coming next weekend  :think: :P :D :D :D.

That's what I was thinking too :D :D
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 07:40:02 AM
I really admire folks that work that hard on their weekends.  It inspires me to do more in my life.  I get one full day a week off right now, and lately I have been spending at least two hours of it exercising both on the road and in the gym, the rest gets spent working on my house.  My off time during the work week is spent taking care of my little boy and maintaining the housework for my VERY pregnant wife.  I can't wait until I have some acreage to mow though, I need to get out of my "cozy" house and into some open air!  Our house in Montana has 3 acres, and my father in law says the place is pretty fun to maintain.  Just gotta get out of this house somehow and move...

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $139.46
PayPal Fees: $8.05
Net Balance: $131.41
Below Goal: $168.59
Site Currency: USD
44%