Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Under $49.99 (38 Euro) torch/light you like.

Pacu · 7 · 1572

us Offline Pacu

• Absolutely No Life Club
Under $49.99 (38 Euro) torch/light you like.
on: September 10, 2013, 08:19:29 PM
I like my 23.99 dollar Maglite xl50 I picked up at Walmart the other night for work. Takes 3 aaa batteries which are on tap at my job for basically nada. It's says 139 lumens on the package which is plenty bright enough for looking into dark corners of the store, behind transformers, and fits neatly into my 5.11 moab 10 sling bag. Says batteries last bout 6 hours on high and 33 hours on low. 3 setting depending on the way you click the tail cap button ...1 click high power, 2 quick clicks low power, 3 quick clicks a strobe light bright and annoying enough for someone to throw a brick in your general direction.  ::)

Pros-  lightweight, uses 3 common aaa batteries, Maglite been a player for a while now, seems durable enough. Fits into my surge nylon sheath pretty good but looking at other carry options for multitool, flashlight belt carry. Maybe maxped triad or similar.

Cons- NO LANYARD HOLE....I likes me lanyards  >:(    Thing is so round forget setting it down anywhere...it will roll to the next shire in a second. Also has the slightest little rattle .....took battery holder out...rattle is in the led section. not sure if this is common of just mine but I don't like rattle in my torches. The regular 2 aaa led  Maglite has a slight rattle too.

Conclusion - Not a bad purchase for under 30 bucks...it's bright, works simple enough, cheap enough if ya lose it in a few months at work it wont be too heartbreaking. Made in the USA for us southern boys who take pride in homeland made stuff.

prob made here out of outsourced parts but whatever  ;)
:like:    :MTO:

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Under $49.99 (38 Euro) torch/light you like.
Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 12:26:06 AM
If it wasn't for the 3xAAA format I would have been far more likely to pick up one of the XL Maglites, but I'm just not a fan. 

Best for me, by far and away, is my Eagletac D25A Clicky.  With a little shopping around it can be found for under $50, though going rate seems to be just a little more.  It's been my mainstay light since February this year, with nothing really able to shift it out of my EDC.  What more praise do I need to give it? :)
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline JAfromMn

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Stranger in a Strange Land
Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 01:59:33 AM
My xl50 also has a slight rattle coming from the head.

its good to know its not just mine.

thanks Pacu

back on topic I think the thruenite ti is the best light I own for the money. Under 20.00
Defend the Hive!!!

us Offline gustophersmob

• No Life Club
  • <><
Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 02:16:42 AM
I'm a big fan of the latest version of the Fenix LD01.  XP-G R4 led, good mode spacing, good runtime, well build, takes common AAA.

I'm a REALLY big fan of the Stainless R5 version of the LD01, but it is no longer available, and it was >$50.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 02:20:21 AM by gustophersmob »
If the trees blew down the wind and no one was around, would the alphabet song really go backwards?

us Offline nate j

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 06:20:23 AM
I'm a big fan of the latest version of the Fenix LD01.

I like my LD01 as well.  The only thing I can really pick on thus far is that the coating doesn't seem very durable.  I've had the same problem with other Fenix lights, to the extent that I question whether the anodizing is truly HAIII.  Fortunately, this is a cosmetic issue only and doesn't impact the functionality of the lights.

us Offline Breezy12

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 07:35:56 AM
my new Olight S10 was just delivered today!  I paid less than $40 for it, and I like it so far.  :tu:

haven't been able to really test it out yet, but I played around with it for a bit tonight.  I'm still getting used to the UI, but I love the output range (320 lumens on high, 70 on medium, 5 on low, and 0.5 lumens on moonlight mode).

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 07:51:36 AM
For smaller ones I am very happy with my Tank007 E09, for about $12 (online)

For medium sized ones I like my Jetbeam BA20, $40 I think. The sipik etc. SK68 models/clones are also great value and do not melt despite limited heatsinking (I used to worry about it)

For bigger ones I like the romisen RCT6, $30 (last time I checked) You can get similar ones for less (ultrafire) but the romisen feels better made

For even bigger ones I like the Trustfire TR3t6, $45 (last time I checked)

I also get to play with a 2D Maglite, LED often and it is solid, though the battery life is not brilliant.

The tank007 and the SK68 will run on any battery that fits in them which is a bonus.
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $160.46
PayPal Fees: $9.45
Net Balance: $151.01
Below Goal: $148.99
Site Currency: USD
50%