Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

FT - Foldable Crossbow for airgun or multi-tool or whatever you have to trade

Offline Dave the Rave

Hello guys, have a nice foldable, 180 Lbs, Brasilian military crossbow to trade, looking for a nice PCP airgun or a good assortment of multi-tools or a orion flare gun or anything you wanna offer for it.

I am a Brazilian boy scout Chief and Need to enhance our stock of nice things for the boys, so, Im open for trade
bestapp8.jpg
* bestapp8.jpg (Filesize: 21.94 KB)
besta Microshock Velox.jpg
* besta Microshock Velox.jpg (Filesize: 215.84 KB)

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
That is awesome!

I haven't heard of a military issue crossbow since about the 1500's though.  Can you tell us more about it?

Def

Sent from a digital multitool

Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline Dave the Rave

That is awesome!

I haven't heard of a military issue crossbow since about the 1500's though.  Can you tell us more about it?

Sure thing, Grant !

There is a special division in Brazilian army, called CIGS (Centro de Instrução de Guerra na Selva) or Jungle Warfare Instruction Center in Brazilian Amazonia, and they are proficient in unconvencional weapons, such as crossbows and blowguns, as well as mantrapping and the use of plants to heal and kill !

Anyway, in the sixties there was an military uprising in brazil, the constitutional government was overthrown and the members of the soSmurfpillst party were considered terrorists, started a guerrilla army, the "guerrilha do araguaia" and went to Amazonia, hopeing to uprise the people and come back to the cities and fight the army there.

The army needed a weapon that was silent and powerfull, to take down sentries, and that could replace the regular compound bow they used to use inside the jungle, so the army asked several bow makers to create a powerfull (over 150lbs), low maintenance, (there are only 4 moving parts) and that could be used with military optics, then they picked the microshock velox.

Its small, only 16" fully assembled, powerfull, 180 to 200 Lbs, easy to cock, you just push the stock forward, engages the string and pull it back again, just like a regular "goats foot" and its cocked. Its body is alum alloy, its bow is made of composite fiber and the string is regular mylar. The weapon uses a positive safety, that engages as soon as the string is held by the sear and needs to be depressed before the trigger is pulled.

Here is a video of it being shot at a coconut
Here is a video of it being cocked and shot

cheers, Dave
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 03:16:23 AM by Dave the Rave »

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Now that is neat. I haven't seen or heard of one of these before.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
That is genuinely very cool! :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
That is genuinely very cool! :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Agreed. Very cool stuff. I'd love to play around with one of those. Regretfully I don't have anything I could offer you in trade. Good luck to you in your search. :cheers:

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Very cool  :drool: whats the trade value ?  :salute:

Offline Dave the Rave

Sorry about that, forgot to put a trade value...

IDK, in Brazil, if you can find it, the civilian version, 80Lbs, costs around U$ 1.000, but everything is really expensive in Brazil, you´ll see when come to world´s cup this years...

Lets say U$ 1.200,00 just for the sake of it, its not written on stone, so if you offer something around U$ 300 and its nice for the Boys, we´ll setlle for U$300...

Regards.

pt Offline RamoN

Hello fellow south american  :salute:

mmmmm that is really interesting, i would have to check what would involve (tax wise) to pass it through customs here and may offer you something for it.

Or if you are planning a trip to argentina that would make it even easier  :pok:  :rofl:

Offline Dave the Rave

In Fact, Ramon, Im going to Buenos Aires in veinte tres de april... Maybe you have a Shark or a Menaldi in PCP or a nice Mendoza RM1000 and we can talk about a nice trade...

Saludos desde Brasil !

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD