Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad by logging in.

Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear host, suspended by BBC after 'fracas' 15432

Wielder of the Bow of Banishment. Admin Team Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 29,763 El Presidente del Fan Club Micky D
Re: Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear host, suspended by BBC after 'fracas'
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2015, 10:52:01 PM »
I'd always assumed that his persona on the show was just that- TV Clarkson. 

If it turns out that is really the way he is then I'm surprised this hasn't happened sooner.

Def

I'd heard both versions of this from "people who know people".  Some say that's exactly what he's like, others say it's all done as a TV character. :shrug:  I suspect the truth is, as always, somewhere in the middle.

Head Turd Polisher Administrator He who has the most nuts, wins! Posts: 57,805 Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2015, 11:06:37 PM »
I like him. I think he's funny.   But then I don't have to work with him.  If I had to deal with him on a daily basis I imagine I wouldn't be quite so amused.

That having been said, if I was paid like James May and Richard Hammond I think I'd put up with an awful lot.

Like him or hate him,  the very fact that we are here discussing this predicament is proof that he has what it takes to be on TV, and that he won't be down long,  whether it be a return to Top Gear or whether he turns another show on another network into Top Gear.

I'm surprised that his very edgy humor hasn't upset the stuffed shirts at the BBC mush sooner to be honest.

Def

NEW!   NEW!   NEW!   NEW!   NEW!   NEW!   NEW!

NEW PRODUCTS ADDED DAILY!
Admin Team Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 14,597 Sir Kirk of Blamington Hall
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2015, 11:12:45 PM »
Considering some of the things I've said about Top Gear here,I will speak up on behalf of the big ape.

I met him at work a lot of years ago,round the time that Top Gear was really hitting the big time. He was absolutely great with tons of people asking for autographs,and just as wanting to say hi(as well as two shop staff who are apparently worthy :whistle: :angel:)

The other thing thing is to look at the documentaries he's done about Arnham and the Artic Convoys. He's not the dumb baboon he acts on TG. The other point is,if you ever watch the footage of him punching Piers Morgan,well,he punches like a girl!

----
There's a lot of really stupid stuff he's done,and the BBC really should have done more about it in the past. Let's wait and see what the facts are here

No matter how I try,I find my way to the same old jams.

There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

Hero Member Posts: 856
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2015, 01:20:48 AM »

This guy sums it up.
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 19,658 Gone Hunting

dks cy

« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2015, 08:54:30 AM »
Stewart Lee has aged.... a lot.

Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]
Sr. Member Posts: 349 Outdoorsy type and over-opinionated buffoon
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2015, 09:12:40 AM »
Considering some of the things I've said about Top Gear here,I will speak up on behalf of the big ape.

I met him at work a lot of years ago,round the time that Top Gear was really hitting the big time. He was absolutely great with tons of people asking for autographs,and just as wanting to say hi(as well as two shop staff who are apparently worthy :whistle: :angel:)

The other thing thing is to look at the documentaries he's done about Arnham and the Artic Convoys. He's not the dumb baboon he acts on TG. The other point is,if you ever watch the footage of him punching Piers Morgan,well,he punches like a girl!

----
There's a lot of really stupid stuff he's done,and the BBC really should have done more about it in the past. Let's wait and see what the facts are here

I have to agree, in part, Kirk (your fault again etc :)) his documentaries are excellent, and whilst I don't like him on Top Gear I am sure a lot of what the TV viewers see is a manufactured persona as you say. I suspect the BBC has put up with his shenanigans because of the huge viewing figures, but if has punched another member of staff and is to be forgiven what message does that give out?  The BBC already has a lot of explaining to do about their apparent historical disregard of sexual abuse, is that misguided leniency to be extended to violence? I sincerely hope not.  Our TV licences pay for these people and they should set a good example  :)
Admin Team Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 14,597 Sir Kirk of Blamington Hall
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2015, 09:26:25 AM »

----

I have to agree, in part, Kirk (your fault again etc :)) his documentaries are excellent, and whilst I don't like him on Top Gear I am sure a lot of what the TV viewers see is a manufactured persona as you say. I suspect the BBC has put up with his shenanigans because of the huge viewing figures, but if has punched another member of staff and is to be forgiven what message does that give out?  The BBC already has a lot of explaining to do about their apparent historical disregard of sexual abuse, is that misguided leniency to be extended to violence? I sincerely hope not.  Our TV licences pay for these people and they should set a good example  :)

Oh,I fully agree with you there Greenbear! Aunty Beeb has let Britain down on a number of issues. And yes,if Jezza is guilty of assault,then he should recieve the appropriate punishment

No matter how I try,I find my way to the same old jams.

There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

dks cy

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2015, 11:45:23 AM »
http://www.mirror.co.uk/t...ended-star-wanted-5314713
according to an onlooker:

-The witness, who did not want to be named, said: “When they arrived just after 10pm Clarkson got angry.

“It was more like a scuffle. But he did swear using every bad word you could think of.

“The producer stood there looking quiet and embarrassed. He was being blamed for not arranging hot food.

“The general manager ended up cooking himself for the three presenters.”

His co-stars sat in the Brasserie looking on in shock and a blond man tried to placate the star as he argued about the lack of food. The bar reportedly went quiet as he started to swear.

The local, who did not wish to be named, said “apparently they all left the next day and Clarkson apologised”.

Another local said: “He didn’t like the idea of sandwiches and demanded the juicy steak. He got his own way.”

However the fracas looks unlikely to result in police action – unless a complaint is made.

North Yorkshire Police said in a statement: “There has been suggestions that the alleged ‘fracas’ occurred in the Hawes area.

"We can confirm that no complaints have been reported to North Yorkshire Police.”

My comment is:
The feeling/atmosphere/signs around this is that the new BBC Director wants to get rid of Clarkson as he is not PC (he did pull out the remaining episodes which were paid for by the BBC, for no real reason..) and even Clarkson himself may be actually wanting to leave and do some other show, as his contract does end at the end of the month. The actual amount of punching/pushing/swearing is not clear, but it is not in any way justified.

And, I really do not think that the BBC covering their stars that abused children is on the same level/planet as them keeping Clarkson on Top Gear... Nor that they will be forgiven for that if they are seen taking action against Clarkson now.

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]
No Life Club Posts: 2,484
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2015, 04:40:03 PM »
He probably just had a long day at work and was smurfed off that he couldn't get the steak. I don't watch TG much but are they pulling the remaining episodes from this season or pulling the series for good?

I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings
No Life Club Posts: 2,013
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2015, 10:00:23 AM »
he's a racist, sexist bigoted monkey and I'd quite like to see him gone anyway. If he punched someone or there was some sort of assault he definitely needs to go.

Quite what the hundreds of thousands of thousands of people that have signed the petition to keep him regardless of any guilt are thinking I do not know.

dks cy

« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2015, 01:31:47 PM »
or, he is a man's man, that speaks his own mind, sleeps around a lot  :D (ask his wife...) and is different from all the PC non-offensive, lets pretend everybody loves everybody type of presenters everywhere... :D

Depens on how everybody sees it, and whether he hit someone or not

Even the PM joined in and this has now turned all political, left Vs right.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 01:33:22 PM by dks »

« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2015, 08:12:10 PM »
or, he is a man's man, that speaks his own mind, sleeps around a lot  :D (ask his wife...) and is different from all the PC non-offensive, lets pretend everybody loves everybody type of presenters everywhere... :D

Depens on how everybody sees it, and whether he hit someone or not

Even the PM joined in and this has now turned all political, left Vs right.

Nah, Cameron made it quite clear the other morning he is not going to get involved. No politics there at all  :)

dks cy

« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2015, 08:35:17 PM »
... if it gets (too) political we will not be able to discuss it here   :ahhh   

:D 

Apparently they are now hacking the BBC webpage, so as to complain.

« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2015, 09:08:44 AM »
... if it gets (too) political we will not be able to discuss it here   :ahhh   

:D 

Apparently they are now hacking the BBC webpage, so as to complain.

It won't - there are no politics involved  ::)
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 6,494
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2015, 09:13:08 AM »
so is Clarkson sacked or not?

And here is another question, who didn't see Top Gear getting pulled off air for some reason after the Argentina fiasco?

Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2015, 01:02:43 PM »
so is Clarkson sacked or not?

And here is another question, who didn't see Top Gear getting pulled off air for some reason after the Argentina fiasco?

Apparently he is summoned to a "hearing" to discuss it all over the next couple of weeks.
Head Turd Polisher Administrator He who has the most nuts, wins! Posts: 57,805 Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2015, 03:13:41 PM »
Like him or hate him I have to point out that you can't argue with the fact that we are discussing what is happening and that is proof that as a media personality he is a hot commodity.

And I will say it's refreshing to hear a controversy about someone who (again,  like him or not) had actually done and contributed something, unlike any of the Kardashians or Paris Hilton, or says and does dumb things just to get noticed like Kanye West.

Def

dks cy

« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2015, 04:40:37 PM »
I do not want to upset you Grant, but I do not want to see any home movies of Jeremy, whilst the Kardashians and Paris can make all the "special" home movies they want.....

« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2015, 04:50:38 PM »
Suuuure you don't want to see Jeremy in a home movie.

Apparently old guys making those kinds of videos are all the rage since Hulk Hogan did his.

And wait till you see mine!  :-P

Def

dks cy

« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2015, 04:59:55 PM »
Given the choice I may have suggested some other member of the MTO core team for movies... but I am sure the ladies will appreciate your film  :salute: 
maybe this will be the way to attract more female members, so go for it  :pok:    :tu:   :salute:  use a lot of soft focus
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 05:02:09 PM by dks »

« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2015, 05:09:45 PM »
You are right, Nikola is much prettier than I am but we have scheduling conflicts with him and the film crew.

Def

dks cy

« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2015, 05:15:08 PM »
Its not the looks; its mainly the lack of body hair. Maybe if you shaved...  :whistle:   

« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2015, 05:23:29 PM »
It's cold here.

Def

dks cy

« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2015, 05:26:01 PM »
Our love and admiration will warm you up  :drink:   (I am drinking a bit...)

Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 16,104 Little to the right...
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2015, 06:34:48 PM »
So we've managed to go from Clarkson to a hairless Def.....  This might be disturbing even for us! :rofl:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2015, 07:01:20 PM »
Well at my age I can tell you that while the video may be repugnant it is not likely to be long. ...

Def

Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 22,462 "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2015, 07:12:17 PM »

Bring back Oz and James's Big Wine Adventure!!!    :woohoo:

- Robert

Attending ALOX Anonymous meetings since 1983!

Vox Clamantis in Deserto
Quo Fata Ferunt
PS3 hackers should be publicly castrated.
I aim to misbehave.
Hero Member Posts: 856
« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2015, 01:17:34 AM »
Suuuure you don't want to see Jeremy in a home movie.

Apparently old guys making those kinds of videos are all the rage since Hulk Hogan did his.

And wait till you see mine!  :-P

Def
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 16,104 Little to the right...
« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2015, 11:46:29 AM »
Well I guess he has quit, and the show has been cancelled for good. :(

dks cy

« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2015, 11:54:28 AM »
 ???    ??? 

Where did you see that Derec?

Operational Funds

Keep the Unworkable working! Donate with PayPal!
November Goal: $275.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: $372.43
PayPal Fees: $22.89
Net Balance: $349.54
Above Goal: $74.54
Site Currency: USD
127% 
November Donations

Community Links