Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Moving and SAK's.

cbl51 · 41 · 5238

us Offline cbl51

• No Life Club
Moving and SAK's.
on: November 16, 2015, 11:22:33 PM
It's been two weeks now since my arrival in Texas. We sold the home in Germantown Maryland, and moved to join other family members that have moved back to Texas as they retired back to their roots. It's been a hectic two months with much packing up and wrapping and taking apart all kinds of items for trucking.

Two and a half days on the road with a under powered Penske rental truck saw us in Georgetown Texas and emptying the truck into a storage unit. Now living at a sister in laws house while house hunting, we've got a contract accepted on a nice all stone home in our price range.

Through all the chaos and insanity of moving, there was all kinds of boxing, wrapping, taping of cardboard boxes. Not to mention disassembly of all kinds of things from lamps to utilities. The little advantage of having a screw driver or two right in the pocket, along with a sharp blade to cut/trim tape and shrink wrap, was beyond calculation. For the most part all my tool needs were met by either a SAK, or my small Leatherman squirt.

Again and again, a SAK has saved the day or at least made the day much easier to get through. The fact that the SAK has the capability of doing any pocket knife chore, plus a whole other dimension of repair, maintenance, assembly and disassembly of all kinds of items, puts it head and shoulders above a dedicated knife.

I guess when we settle on the new house, a SAK will be there for all the unboxing and reassembly of household items. With maybe a small Leatherman someplace to help a bit. It's been a lot of years since I first discovered SAK's in 1969, but I can't think of one time a SAK has let me down. I can't say the same for the dedicated knife.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 11:26:12 PM by cbl51 »
Don't get too serious, just enough will do.

us Offline sawman

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • You're amongst friends.
Re: Moving and SAK's.
Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 11:24:49 PM
To Victorinox :cheers:
SAW

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 11:29:20 PM
To Victorinox :cheers:

And to your new home :cheers:
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Reply #3 on: November 16, 2015, 11:43:13 PM
Congrats on a successful move and welcome to Texas!! :cheers:
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas

us Offline cbl51

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: November 17, 2015, 12:02:44 AM

Where in Texas are you? Maybe have a brisket sandwich and a beer. I'm looking forward to meeting up with Lone Star Sackkists and pocket knife knuts.
Don't get too serious, just enough will do.

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #6 on: November 17, 2015, 12:04:56 AM
Congrats on the new house bud!

SAK saved the day but imagine an OHO blade ;)

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #7 on: November 17, 2015, 12:18:00 AM
Congrats on the new home, and the new life with the extended family.

My best wishes to all of you  :cheers:

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Reply #8 on: November 17, 2015, 12:36:02 AM

Where in Texas are you? Maybe have a brisket sandwich and a beer. I'm looking forward to meeting up with Lone Star Sackkists and pocket knife knuts.

There are many here!  Sent a PM
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #9 on: November 17, 2015, 12:42:33 AM
It's about time for a Texas MTo meet-up :pok:
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #10 on: November 17, 2015, 12:44:52 AM
Congrats on the new home, and the new life with the extended family.

My best wishes to all of you  :cheers:

:tu: most certainly.   
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #11 on: November 17, 2015, 12:55:58 AM
Welcome to Texas, and congrats on the new home!
Hear that guys? Party at Kirks house! :cheers:
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #12 on: November 17, 2015, 12:58:09 AM

Your more than welcome at Blamington Hall...it's a long,long way from Texas though :whistle:

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: November 17, 2015, 01:01:00 AM

Your more than welcome at Blamington Hall...it's a long,long way from Texas though :whistle:
Haven't you heard? Texas residency is mandatory for entry into this thread. You have 30 days to comply. Happy house hunting!

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #14 on: November 17, 2015, 01:07:39 AM

Haven't you heard? Texas residency is mandatory for entry into this thread. You have 30 days to comply. Happy house hunting!

And you'll all be sorry when I move in >:D

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: November 17, 2015, 01:08:38 AM

And you'll all be sorry when I move in >:D
JOIN US!

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #16 on: November 17, 2015, 12:02:08 PM

I can just see you guys when you arrive there...

Show content
With all the driving-in-the-wrong-side, tea-drinking, black-pudding-eating...

Show content
You're just gonna be like...

Show content

:D :D :D :D

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: November 17, 2015, 03:28:10 PM

Show content

Show content

Show content

Serious question. What on earth do you guys call pudding? In the US, pudding is dessert, and comes in sealed cups, in either chocolate or vanilla. Isn't black pudding some sort of side dish? :think:

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #18 on: November 17, 2015, 03:47:37 PM

Show content

Show content

Show content

Serious question. What on earth do you guys call pudding? In the US, pudding is dessert, and comes in sealed cups, in either chocolate or vanilla. Isn't black pudding some sort of side dish? :think:

We have puddings like that too. We also have savoury items like black pudding, Yorkshire puddings, steak and kidney pudding......

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
Reply #19 on: November 17, 2015, 04:49:13 PM

Show content

Show content

Show content

We have puddings like that too. We also have savoury items like black pudding, Yorkshire puddings, steak and kidney pudding......

Savory huh? Steak and kidney pudding sounds delicious, but is it the same consistency as desert puddings?

gb Offline shibafu

Reply #20 on: November 17, 2015, 05:18:08 PM
Savory huh? Steak and kidney pudding sounds delicious, but is it the same consistency as desert puddings?

In the UK we have no idea what US pudding actually is.  We know it is some sort of pre-packaged food that Americans on TV eat from a plastic pot, but what is in that pot, we know not.  So whether steak and kidney pudding (which is indeed delicious) has the same consistency as American pudding is a mystery!

We don't have any specific foodstuff just called "pudding."  Here the term covers a wide variety of things both savoury and sweet - Yorkshire pudding, black pudding, rice pudding, bread-and-butter pudding, sticky toffee pudding, Christmas pudding... and of course haggis, famously described by Robert Burns as "Great chieftain o'the puddin'-race."

Are we off-topic yet?  :think:

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #21 on: November 17, 2015, 05:37:57 PM

In the UK we have no idea what US pudding actually is.  We know it is some sort of pre-packaged food that Americans on TV eat from a plastic pot, but what is in that pot, we know not.  So whether steak and kidney pudding (which is indeed delicious) has the same consistency as American pudding is a mystery!

We don't have any specific foodstuff just called "pudding."  Here the term covers a wide variety of things both savoury and sweet - Yorkshire pudding, black pudding, rice pudding, bread-and-butter pudding, sticky toffee pudding, Christmas pudding... and of course haggis, famously described by Robert Burns as "Great chieftain o'the puddin'-race."

Yeah,just about!

For an interesting treat,try fried egg on top of fried black pudding on a bed of mash...or if your South African(and pardon the spelling) krinkle pap

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #22 on: November 17, 2015, 05:57:37 PM
Don't you get me started on your use if words.

You manage to mess up some thing as big as countries. You hunt turkeys but call the country Peru, then you go and call another country, half a world away, with nothing to do with birds, Turkey.

What's wrong with you lot?!

:twak: :twak: :twak: :twak:
 :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:
 :facepalm:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
Reply #23 on: November 17, 2015, 08:03:14 PM

I suspect I've managed to derail yet another thread... Oops.

What we call pudding in America is always sweet. We have rice pudding too, and all our puddings have roughly the same consistency (just no rice). Generally I stay away from the pre packaged stuff, but occasionally ill go for a tapioca pudding cup...

I did some googling, and apparently black pudding is some kind of sausage? :think: I've never actually seen most of those puddings in real life, and only a couple in books and online.

It's amazing the things you learn, and in the strangest places.

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
Reply #24 on: November 17, 2015, 08:10:50 PM
Don't you get me started on your use if words.

You manage to mess up some thing as big as countries. You hunt turkeys but call the country Peru, then you go and call another country, half a world away, with nothing to do with birds, Turkey.

What's wrong with you lot?!

:twak: :twak: :twak: :twak:
 :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:
 :facepalm:
I blame Columbus. He started it all, confusing our natives with the Indians. Nothings been named properly since.

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #25 on: November 17, 2015, 08:46:40 PM

I suspect I've managed to derail yet another thread... Oops.

What we call pudding in America is always sweet. We have rice pudding too, and all our puddings have roughly the same consistency (just no rice). Generally I stay away from the pre packaged stuff, but occasionally ill go for a tapioca pudding cup...

I did some googling, and apparently black pudding is some kind of sausage? :think: I've never actually seen most of those puddings in real life, and only a couple in books and online.

It's amazing the things you learn, and in the strangest places.

Black pudding is kind of a blood sausage. The farther north you go in the UK,the more you encounter it.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 08:52:54 PM by kirk13 »

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #27 on: November 17, 2015, 08:53:22 PM

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #28 on: November 19, 2015, 10:53:50 PM
 :cheers:
Barry

gb Offline nsa-x-file

• No Life Club
  • In a world of compromise, some don't.
Reply #29 on: November 20, 2015, 12:08:18 AM