Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad by logging in.

Nephew Survival Kit 1158

No Life Club Posts: 3,758
Re: Nephew Survival Kit
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2016, 05:11:26 PM »
The package arrived at my brother's place today.  I guess the boys have seen the bags and are excited.  All of the other stuff is wrapped and placed inside the bags, so they don't know what's coming.

I'm looking forward to hearing their reaction when they open them.  :D

Def

I still have stuff from when I was a kid that someone else had this mindset to get me as well :cheers: I always loved gadgets and different types of sharps and shinys but some of that took a back seat as I grew up only for me to find it later on as a younger adult and then I came to appreciate it even more :tu: They will like it but it just may not be as much now as it is later :cheers:
That was basicaly the clue behind my story xD

Buy now or regret later
No Life Club Posts: 2,245
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2016, 10:54:24 AM »
Weird Uncle Grant.......and you got them whistles?  :rofl:

Their parents are sure to hate you  :rofl:

I was just going through some of my more memorable xmas presents, and I figured if the boys are our kind people the kits will rank pretty high for them, as it would've for me back then!  :tu:

Head Turd Polisher Administrator He who has the most nuts, wins! Posts: 57,822 Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2016, 03:04:14 PM »
Well their grandmother beat me to getting them a drum set so I had to come up with something else!   :ahhh

I doubt that it will lure the older one away from the video games, and I worry that it might empower the younger one to wander off even more and get into more trouble....  :ahhh

On the average, they are a great kid!

Seriously, I love those kids, and I hope this gift helps them get out more and enjoy their time outside more.  If not I'll go back to buying Lego and Nerf guns.

Def

NEW!   NEW!   NEW!   NEW!   NEW!   NEW!   NEW!

NEW PRODUCTS ADDED DAILY!
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 17,436 Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2016, 03:12:09 PM »
Well, if the grandmother already got them drums, you could always get them some Bagpipes.
Head Turd Polisher Administrator He who has the most nuts, wins! Posts: 57,822 Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2016, 12:37:17 AM »
Excellent plan.  I hadn't thought if bagpipes!

Def

Sr. Member Posts: 318
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2016, 05:54:35 PM »
An accordion might also make a nice gift. Or harmonica's if the shipping costs for the accordion is too much.

Being an uncle is so much fun!

I EDC'd a SAK before MacGyver did...
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2016, 06:38:24 PM »
An accordion might also make a nice gift. Or harmonica's if the shipping costs for the accordion is too much.

Being an uncle who lives far away and is never going to be asked to babysit is so much fun!

Fixed.... :D

Def

« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2017, 01:24:40 PM »
I was talking to my brother a little while ago, and the younger one is actually pretty excited about the kit.  He is really looking forward to using it on outdoor adventures this year.  He is by far the one more likely to use it or go adventuring.

Of course, monkey see, monkey do, so when the older one saw the younger one getting excited about it, he also started to get excited about the stuff as well.

I think this summer I am going to try to arrange for a short adventure with them- maybe a short hike (very short, for my sake as much as theirs!) or maybe a little kayak trip.  There are lots of islands we can paddle to, set up one of my stoves and make lunch then play a little before paddling home.

Def

Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 13,582
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2017, 03:53:04 PM »
Good to hear to boys are excited.  I guess thats the first step.  Opportunity and someone to show them how to use the kit is another step.  I hope you can get over there and show them how to use it and how much fun it can be. 

Esse Quam Videri
Global Moderator Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 37,076
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2017, 04:07:51 PM »
Been wondering how these went :cheers: Glad to hear they were excited about them and now you just need to get them a small adventure and they will be totally loving them :tu: :like:

« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2017, 04:13:15 PM »
Absolutely. It's too bad I won't see them until the spring at the earliest.  It's a bit of a haul from getting stuff to being able to use it.

Def

Operational Funds

Keep the Unworkable working! Donate with PayPal!
November Goal: $275.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: $372.43
PayPal Fees: $22.89
Net Balance: $349.54
Above Goal: $74.54
Site Currency: USD
127% 
November Donations

Community Links