Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad by logging in.

The Cavalier. Shirt pocket multi tool 532

No Life Club Posts: 1,978 Lifelike and remarkably self similar
The Cavalier. Shirt pocket multi tool
« on: January 01, 2017, 07:25:17 AM »
I am fond of knives and multi tools that hide in your shirt pocket like a pen.  This is the Cavalier.  This is the first one with a name on it.  Inexpensive, Japanese, stainless steel construction.  This is my second like this one.  It had the name on it so I couldn't resist.

Plierench - 1,000's of uses
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 10,285
Re: The Cavalier. Shirt pocket multi tool
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 11:44:15 AM »

Cool  :tu:

Everything’s adjustable
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 7,250
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 03:23:02 PM »
Thats a neat looking tool! :like:

-Knívleysur maður er lívleysur maður.
 "A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" old Faroese proverb.
Admin Team Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 23,280
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 07:30:38 PM »
Hmmm. A very interesting device for sure Lyndon. :salute: I've never seen one before.

Also interesting is the "knight" logo. I have seen that symbol before, on the paperwork that was included with other old multi-gadget-knife-tools from the 1970's. Here is a wrench/knife, stamped Made In Japan. (the Jack Haines Co. stamping is a promotional marking, not the maker of the tool)

So I wonder if the "knight" was a logo for the Japanese manufacturer, or the American importer? :think:
Bob :)

In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools
No Life Club Posts: 1,978 Lifelike and remarkably self similar
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 01:04:01 AM »
Hmmm. A very interesting device for sure Lyndon. :salute: I've never seen one before.

Also interesting is the "knight" logo. I have seen that symbol before, on the paperwork that was included with other old multi-gadget-knife-tools from the 1970's. Here is a wrench/knife, stamped Made In Japan. (the Jack Haines Co. stamping is a promotional marking, not the maker of the tool)

(Image removed from quote.)

So I wonder if the "knight" was a logo for the Japanese manufacturer, or the American importer? :think:
Bob :)

Interesting question!  The knight looks English.  Leads me to think the answer is importer.

Plierench - 1,000's of uses
No Life Club Posts: 1,153
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 02:22:27 AM »
Nice one!   

I've seen those tools before--in a Japanese made knife that was offered with and without a money clip.

Are those old Crescent type tools any good?   I like that one, and can't justify a few hundred bucks for a Cattaragus.

Operational Funds

Keep the Unworkable working! Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $275.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $579.65
PayPal Fees: $34.35
Net Balance: $545.30
Above Goal: $270.30
Site Currency: USD
198% 
June Donations

Community Links