Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Replacement Victorinox Components

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Replacement Victorinox Components
on: July 13, 2017, 02:01:09 AM
Just so you all know, I have just added a bunch of Victorinox parts to The Multitool.org Store and I have some more that will be added, so feel free to check back or contact me if there's anything you need but don't see there.   :tu:

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Replacement Victorinox Components
Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 03:13:30 AM
That ratchet and bit extender!     :ahhh   :dd:

br Offline BleaKrytE

• Hello world. I'm Vinícius!
Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 03:22:31 AM
No Plus scales? D:

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk
Uni student, environmental activist (yes, I'm that annoying guy that mentions climate change every third minute), motorcyclist.

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 11:58:10 AM
Very nice!  :D
So Victorinox is opening up more to you?

Maybe soon you can carry tool springs, tools, liners, rivets, etc. :ahhh (One can hope...  ::) )
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 12:09:05 PM
Might be Felinevet's stock? :whistle:

pt Offline MacGyver

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: July 13, 2017, 12:40:48 PM
"Another Day...; a whole n'other set of fresh possibilities..." - MacGyver (S1E19 - "Slow Death")

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: July 13, 2017, 01:12:12 PM

All hail the hook!

pt Offline MacGyver

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: July 13, 2017, 01:33:54 PM
Are these really 84mm Plus scales, or it it a typo...?  :think:

https://store.multitool.org/victorinox/-146swiss-army-knife-scales-84mm-154.html#/8-color-white
I asked Grant. They really are!!!  :ahhh :ahhh

That's great, but are they originally made like that from Vic, or are they modified regular 84's...?

I ask because i wasn't aware of Vic making 84mm plus scales "officially"...
"Another Day...; a whole n'other set of fresh possibilities..." - MacGyver (S1E19 - "Slow Death")

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: July 13, 2017, 01:40:40 PM

https://store.multitool.org/victorinox/-146swiss-army-knife-scales-84mm-154.html#/8-color-white

That's great, but are they originally made like that from Vic, or are they modified regular 84's...?

He said in the MTO store topic, and I quote, that they are not "mods".  :D
https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,72798.msg1511477.html#msg1511477

All hail the hook!

pt Offline MacGyver

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: July 13, 2017, 01:49:46 PM

He said in the MTO store topic, and I quote, that they are not "mods".  :D
https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,72798.msg1511477.html#msg1511477

Thank's mate, didn't see that one...  :oops: :whistle:  :cheers:

I have to ask for that when i stop by the Vic national rep over here, if they had some too it would be great  :ahhh

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #10 on: July 13, 2017, 01:56:00 PM
$4 each for the glass saw and glass breaker is a great price. Now I'm a lot less apprehensive about buying a used Rescue Tool. Seems that one rarely used (as if it stayed in the glove box in someone's car like most) don't show up at all, but those beat to heck by first responders do.   Now the only thing I've got to worry about is dull serrated blades.

One thing I suggest adding is the old style scissor springs with the small socket that go in older SAKs. I have a 58mm Executive/Companion with a spring that's about ready to break.

My only complaint with Vic parts is what I saw in a 1942 catalog--you could buy virtually any part that goes in an SAK; today you have to tear apart another SAK that has the tool you need. Given there are so many modders, you think Vic would just just put some kind of marking on the individual tools so that they wouldn't be covered under warranty and sell them individually.

http://www.sakwiki.com/tiki-browse_gallery.php?galleryId=119

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #11 on: July 13, 2017, 01:58:17 PM
Pity that vic doesn't make the old style springs anymore...
If they did, then Grant could stock them!

All hail the hook!

pt Offline MacGyver

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: July 13, 2017, 02:40:26 PM
My only complaint with Vic parts is what I saw in a 1942 catalog--you could buy virtually any part that goes in an SAK; today you have to tear apart another SAK that has the tool you need. Given there are so many modders, you think Vic would just just put some kind of marking on the individual tools so that they wouldn't be covered under warranty and sell them individually.

Oh we can forget about that mate... :-\ Vic would never sell spare inner components of their Sak's, i've asked for that at my rep, and i know they have lots of inner part's as i've seen some there like brass pins, bushings, even liners as they make simple repairs too. But they told me they obviously couldn't sell inner parts, it's understandable.... :-\

I'm greatfull enough to be able to buy the scales and all other parts there when i need them  :tu:

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #13 on: July 13, 2017, 02:45:27 PM

Oh we can forget about that mate... :-\ Vic would never sell spare inner components of their Sak's, i've asked for that at my rep, and i know they have lots of inner part's as i've seen some there like brass pins, bushings, even liners as they make simple repairs too. But they told me they obviously couldn't sell inner parts, it's understandable.... :-\

I'm greatfull enough to be able to buy the scales and all other parts there when i need them  :tu:
I would think that vic is the best company in the world... If they sold brushings and pin stock....

All hail the hook!

pt Offline MacGyver

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: July 13, 2017, 03:15:05 PM

I would think that vic is the best company in the world... If they sold brushings and pin stock....

We would all love that mate, but do you realistically think they would volunteerly support the modding "side" business...?  :pok:

If one could buy all the original parts of a Sak separately, soon enough would be a parallel market of Sak's assembled with original parts and put together somewhere else.  :facepalm:

They have to protect their buisness

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #15 on: July 13, 2017, 03:29:21 PM

We would all love that mate, but do you realistically think they would volunteerly support the modding "side" business...?  :pok:

If one could buy all the original parts of a Sak separately, soon enough would be a parallel market of Sak's assembled with original parts and put together somewhere else.  :facepalm:

They have to protect their buisness
True.
Not everyone will build SAKs for the love of them, but for trying to make money.
It would also become even more easy to copy each individual part, reproduce them cheap and put them together with original backsprings.
The "snap" would sound legit, it would look legit, but still be a copy.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #16 on: July 13, 2017, 03:36:58 PM
They were not mods, or, if they were, they were the best mods I have ever seen, with no trace of any aftermarket work.

Unfortunately, they are already sold.

I do have one set of 91mm Plus scales in a translucent brown that I have never seen before. They are pretty cool, in a supremely ugly sort of way.

I am also putting in an order to Victorinox in the next week or so- if there is anything anyone wants from the current catalogue, please send me a PM.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #17 on: July 13, 2017, 03:38:48 PM

As Tim has retired, I have taken over, and I will be doing my best to maintain his excellent level of service, as much as possible.

Def

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #18 on: July 13, 2017, 04:12:34 PM

As Tim has retired, I have taken over, and I will be doing my best to maintain his excellent level of service, as much as possible.

Def
:salute:

us Offline theonew

• No Life Club
Reply #19 on: July 13, 2017, 05:21:01 PM
84mm White Plus Scales :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh
How did I miss that :drool: :drool: :drool:

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #20 on: July 13, 2017, 10:43:11 PM
They were not mods, or, if they were, they were the best mods I have ever seen, with no trace of any aftermarket work.

Unfortunately, they are already sold.

I do have one set of 91mm Plus scales in a translucent brown that I have never seen before. They are pretty cool, in a supremely ugly sort of way.

I am also putting in an order to Victorinox in the next week or so- if there is anything anyone wants from the current catalogue, please send me a PM.

Def

Holler if you ever find no cutout 91mm scales.   :cheers:

Offline Jibs182

Reply #21 on: July 14, 2017, 06:50:37 PM
$4 each for the glass saw and glass breaker is a great price. Now I'm a lot less apprehensive about buying a used Rescue Tool. Seems that one rarely used (as if it stayed in the glove box in someone's car like most) don't show up at all, but those beat to heck by first responders do.   Now the only thing I've got to worry about is dull serrated blades.

One thing I suggest adding is the old style scissor springs with the small socket that go in older SAKs. I have a 58mm Executive/Companion with a spring that's about ready to break.

Vic did or still does sell the Spartan assembly kit in their stores. I have several. It is a complete Spartan in parts designed specifically for someone to assemble themselves. The main blade is marked "self assembled" and Vic makes it clear that the knife you build is not covered under warranty.  If a store employee assembles your knife for you using their machine, they put in a regular blade and all warranties apply.  Complete kit was $30 and comes with a display box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pt Offline MacGyver

• No Life Club
Reply #22 on: July 14, 2017, 07:09:40 PM

Vic did or still does sell the Spartan assembly kit in their stores. I have several. It is a complete Spartan in parts designed specifically for someone to assemble themselves. The main blade is marked "self assembled" and Vic makes it clear that the knife you build is not covered under warranty.  If a store employee assembles your knife for you using their machine, they put in a regular blade and all warranties apply.  Complete kit was $30 and comes with a display box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, that's great if it's still in effect  :like: and also a very smart move with the special blade stamp.  :salute:

But still... It's not free misc parts selling that you can mix and match and out your own custom version together... That i don't believe it would ever happen  :-\

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $149.46
PayPal Fees: $8.74
Net Balance: $140.72
Below Goal: $159.28
Site Currency: USD
47%